Format Function in Expression Builder

Follow
Email
I have the following code:

=Format$([month] & "/01/" & [year],"mmmm yyyy",0,0)

Which returns:

January 2010

I want it to return:

January
2010

How can I accomplish this?  I have tried inserting spaces between mmmm and
yyyyy, but I cannot get the result I am looking for.  Could someone tell me
how to make these two things appear on a sepereate line?  Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 7:13:01 PM

Why not just use two controls?

Otherwise try:
  =MonthName([Month]) & chr(13) & chr(10) & [Year]

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"nctl" wrote:

> I have the following code:
>
> =Format$([month] & "/01/" & [year],"mmmm yyyy",0,0)
>
> Which returns:
>
> January 2010
>
> I want it to return:
>
> January
> 2010
>
> How can I accomplish this?  I have tried inserting spaces between mmmm and
> yyyyy, but I cannot get the result I am looking for.  Could someone tell me
> how to make these two things appear on a sepereate line?  Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 7:25:01 PM
Follow
Email

How to Change Language of Dates in Outlook Express
I work on the Occupied West Bank, but for some reason my computer thinks it's in South Africa and uses Afrikaans for the outgoing date in OE. I would like to change the language of OE to English, but I can't figure out how. The Help says to get a language encoding download from the Explorer homepage under international, but I can't find it. In any case, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since all I am asking for is Microsoft's native language. I am just a regular user, so please be as clear as possible if you have any ideas. Thanks much, Katherine F...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Lost e-mail in outlook express
I imported my e-mail mailboxes into a new pc, and everytime I close the program it deletes all of my mail out of all of my folders? I changed the veiw settings and do not delete. I can't figure out why it keeps deleting them all? Any suggestions? Julie ...

freezing formatting

News reader functionality in outlook
How can I disable the mail feature of outlook express and use it just as a new reader? No Instant Messaging, No eMail nada, just newsreading. Sine this functionality is NOT in Office Outlook (why not?) I have to have 2 email clients (why?). Make OL yr default email client, Ensure you set no accounts in OE. It is not neccessary to start OE to access the newsreader; to start news, either frm OL View/Go To/News or frm IE Tools/Mail & News/Read News David <.> wrote in message news:%23IMV4CCXDHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I disable the mail feature of outlook ...

Outlook express columns
Hi In outlook express I've created a sub folder in the Sent Items folders but it shows the column format used by the Inbox folder. If I change the columns it changes the columns for all folders exept Sent Items. How do I set different folders to show different columns ? Thanks Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

User Defined Query Function Not Working with Multiple Criteria
Using Access 2007 I created a user defined function used in a query that works fine on single criteria but not two or more. These work fine: MyFunction="Open" MyFunction="Closed These don't work: MyFunction="Open Or Closed" MyFunction="'Open' Or 'Closed'" What do I need to type to get this to work? Unless you let us know something specific about the function itself, it's going to be difficult to diagnose why it isn't working. Consider posting the function ... (and wouldn't the function spell out how many...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

question about using the offset function
Is there a way to use the offset function (or another function) as a way to supply an expanding range to other functions like 'average'? For my purposes, there may be multiple series of numbers within say a column, with each 'series' (i.e. set of contiguous rows) separated by a few blank cells. The objective of the function would be to supply a limited set of numbers (which can expand) to the function whose result is the main interest. For example, within column D, I might have rows 5-10 representing adult male fish weights, rows 15-20 representing adult female fish weights ...

Outlook express doesnt work after installing critical updates
Today I installed microsofts critical updates for outlook express. I went to check my email and I keep getting the message: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be found. Outlook Express may not be installed properly. I have windows 2000, and this is really annoying, at least I know that I will never do any more critical updates for OE. Can anybody out there please please please help me. Thanks Lavinia ...