Export from Access to Excel disabled

My company is in the process of upgrading to vista, but they are using
Microsoft Service Pack 1 instead of 2. The option to export to Excel is
disabled in SP1 and at this time they will not use SP2. Is there any fix or
add-in I can install in order to be able to export from Acess to Excel
without going to service pack 2?

I believe sp2 is the only answer.  Convince them to upgrade to windows 7
instead of Vista and get SP2 for Access 2007.

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"Karen Water" <Karen Water@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company is in the process of upgrading to vista, but they are using
> Microsoft Service Pack 1 instead of 2. The option to export to Excel is
> disabled in SP1 and at this time they will not use SP2. Is there any fix
> or
> add-in I can install in order to be able to export from Acess to Excel
> without going to service pack 2?

0
Mark

Export to XML exports single row only

address book access
I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do? Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the server which is why you are unable to access it. "muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C96FE3-5BC9-4872-9DBE-113BE315459F@microsoft.com... > I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts...

Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine
Thanks for any help in advance... I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients. I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach. Our network engineer has opened port...

"Icons" not showing when opening up Chart Wizard in Excel 2003
I have a user who just received a new pc with Office 2003 as part of his image. When he clicks on Chart Wizard in Excel 2003, the little picture files to the left of the type of Chart are not listed until you click on the picture. He also has some existing spreadsheets where the lines in line charts don't display as well and I believe it's a related issue. I know I've seen something similar to this in regards to picture files in Powerpoint (Office 2000) and a setting seemed to resolve the issue in any Office app but I can't remember the setting that fixed it. This turne...

Access Chart with a secondary Y Axis
Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible to get a secondary y-axis in Access charts? I have two series of numbers. One averages around 2.0 and the other around 50 (both measured against time) e.g. Jan07 1.8 48.7 Feb07 1.9 50.4 Mar07 1.9 49.8 Apr07 2.1 52.3 May07 2.0 45.2 Jun07 2.0 49.8 Jul07 1.9 50.3 If I plot both on the same graph as line the first series would just appear as a flat line along the bottom and I can't see any changes in it. Is there a way to have a secondary axis (I think this is possible in Excel) on the right hand side of the chart? I've thought there might be ...

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Vlookup in Access
Hi, I have 'Table1' with 3 fields: MonthOfFlight (text 3 digits), USExchange (number), CANexchange (number) and 'Table2' with 3 fields: Flightdate (date), Agent (text), amount (number). The layout of table1, should be like this: Jan 1.24 1,1 Feb 1.30 1.05 Mar 1.26 1.15 ... etc The loyout of table2 should be like this: 1/1/07 AAAAA 1000 2/1/07 CCCCC 1500 3/1/07 BBBBB 1250 I create a new query using 'Table2' with all 3 the fields plus 1 more field 'Exchange'. I want to take USExchange to fill on Exchange field based the...

Access vs Excel
I wanted to get the opinion of both the excel and access group on this subject. We currently have an ERP but is lacking in some aspects. In order to get around the shortcomings, I have an user that is very proficient with excel. He has made spreadsheets that access the information out of our ERP and mimics some of it's functions. He is using excel to store information and has created interfaces for users to enter in data. My question is, should we continue using excel to do this. We have hundreds of excel files that get created with information everywhere. OR should we start using acc...

How to do a dynamic plot in Excel via VBA?
Hi I want to write a code in VBA in which a dynamic set of rows ( the number of columns is fixed to 4) in excel are to be read and a plot type: " xlXYScatterSmooth" Could someone help me figure out how to write this one? thanks How is the number of rows specified? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Wal" <Walid.Ramady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162233125.140537.54010@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi I want to write a code in VBA in which a dynamic set of rows ( the > number...

Opening Access with the Shift key
I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by holding down the shift key whilst opening the database, but this does not work in 2007. How do i get back to the advanced access options when I open this *.accdb database? On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:38:00 -0800, f13lecturer wrote: > I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some > settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by > holding down the shift key whilst openi...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Export / Import Security

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

Excel 2002, now 2007
I was previously using Excel 2002 and decided to buy Home and Student non-commercial 2007. I am having problems converting my 2002 files to 2007 and also do not seem to be able to upload the files thru 2007. I'm thinking because it is non-commercial, Excel 2007 non-c does not want you to upload to a website. Okay, can I purchase an upgrade of just Excel 2007 so that I can convert files and upload to my website? If I could I would go back to using my 2002 version I tried loading it again but the computer says it does not find a MS product to upgrade... Thanks...Nancy ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Fonts get size 1 and can't be changed after a procedure
Hi, I have been using code to loop for each chtobj in a worksheet to set font size right etc. Sometimes an error occur and the size become 1 pt. I can live with that once or so, but I can't change the FONT BACK neither with code nor from excel chart GUI. No code are running in background during this of cource, I try even to change the font from Excel GUI with macro switched off. It can only be solved with building a new chartobject... Have any of you got this error, any knowing why it occure and what I can do about it? I thougt it was because some of the charts had no values or s...

Export item ID?

Excel XML
Hi all, Newbie here. I have an application that outputs Excel XML, auto-emailing to a distribution list. This ended up working wonderfully, users can just click on the attachment in the email and the file opens up in a great Excel spreadsheet for them. Prior, we would only export delimited text files, which had to be imported to Excel. Not hard, just extra steps. However, I have TWO users that are on Macs. Their version of Excel on the Mac cannot handle XML or read it. I've been Googling for days now and have only found years old postings about how Mac's Excel left this f...

How to create "frames" in Excel 2003?
Hi all, Is there a way to create frames in Excel like one can do for webpages? For example if I split my sheet vertically, I want a frame on the left side which has "links" that if I click them change the sheet I'm viewing on the right side. Thank you! Anyone? ...

Skip used labels in Access 2007
I have asked this question before, but apparently no one had tackled the problem yet. Maybe someone has now. I am trying to do a macro (or module if it is now the case) that skips used mailing labels on a page when printing two or three only. I know in the old Access this was possible, but I have yet to get it to work with 2007. Any ideas? By the way, I am not the best of programmers so keep it simple for me. Thanks. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but this is the query I use in a little application I devised, as the RecordSource of a labels report to pr...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

Exporting to Powerpoint