Combine 2 reports into one

  • Follow

Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with page
headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file
which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of
one report and append them to a snapshot file.

Thanks for any ideas.

Sarah
0
Reply Utf 1/15/2008 12:27:02 AM

Sarah

Are the two reports related in some way?

Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another "report"?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with
> page
> headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file
> which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of
> one report and append them to a snapshot file.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Sarah

0
Reply Jeff 1/15/2008 12:42:24 AM

Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't seem
to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2
reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and
within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered for
the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each
group value.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Sarah
>
> Are the two reports related in some way?
>
> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another "report"?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with
> > page
> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file
> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of
> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas.
> >
> > Sarah

0
Reply Utf 1/15/2008 12:58:03 AM

Not sure how to help on something like that.

Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...

> Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't
> seem
> to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2
> reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and
> within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered
> for
> the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each
> group value.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Sarah
>>
>> Are the two reports related in some way?
>>
>> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another
>> "report"?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with
>> > page
>> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot
>> > file
>> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results
>> > of
>> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any ideas.
>> >
>> > Sarah

0
Reply Jeff 1/15/2008 5:19:22 PM

Jeff, I was able to figure it with some help from 2  other question/answers
about getting page headers for subreports and re-numbering the Page and Pages
property for groupings.

Thanks for your time.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Not sure how to help on something like that.
>
> Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't
> > seem
> > to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2
> > reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and
> > within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered
> > for
> > the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each
> > group value.
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> Sarah
> >>
> >> Are the two reports related in some way?
> >>
> >> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another
> >> "report"?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >>
> >> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Reply Utf 1/16/2008 12:44:00 AM

Thanks for taking the time!

> Jeff, I was able to figure it with some help from 2  other
> question/answers
> about getting page headers for subreports and re-numbering the Page and
> Pages
> property for groupings.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Not sure how to help on something like that.
>>
>> Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't
>> > seem
>> > to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The
>> > 2
>> > reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping
>> > and
>> > within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is
>> > encountered
>> > for
>> > the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for
>> > each
>> > group value.

0
Reply Jeff 1/16/2008 3:38:15 PM