Combine 2 reports into one

Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with page 
headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file 
which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of 
one report and append them to a snapshot file.

Thanks for any ideas.

Sarah
0
Utf
1/15/2008 12:27:02 AM
access.reports 4434 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
2613 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Sarah

Are the two reports related in some way?

Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another "report"?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A5E6F779-683A-4F02-AFFB-8964AE2DFC48@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with 
> page
> headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file
> which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of
> one report and append them to a snapshot file.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Sarah 


0
Jeff
1/15/2008 12:42:24 AM
Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't seem 
to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2 
reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and 
within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered for 
the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each 
group value. 

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Sarah
> 
> Are the two reports related in some way?
> 
> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another "report"?
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> 
> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A5E6F779-683A-4F02-AFFB-8964AE2DFC48@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with 
> > page
> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot file
> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results of
> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas.
> >
> > Sarah 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
1/15/2008 12:58:03 AM
Not sure how to help on something like that.

Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D67FF095-BA07-4141-8A15-49FD67598F49@microsoft.com...
> Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't 
> seem
> to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2
> reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and
> within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered 
> for
> the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each
> group value.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Sarah
>>
>> Are the two reports related in some way?
>>
>> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another 
>> "report"?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A5E6F779-683A-4F02-AFFB-8964AE2DFC48@microsoft.com...
>> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with
>> > page
>> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot 
>> > file
>> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results 
>> > of
>> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any ideas.
>> >
>> > Sarah
>>
>>
>> 


0
Jeff
1/15/2008 5:19:22 PM
Jeff, I was able to figure it with some help from 2  other question/answers 
about getting page headers for subreports and re-numbering the Page and Pages 
property for groupings.

Thanks for your time.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Not sure how to help on something like that.
> 
> Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> 
> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:D67FF095-BA07-4141-8A15-49FD67598F49@microsoft.com...
> > Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't 
> > seem
> > to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 2
> > reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping and
> > within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is encountered 
> > for
> > the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for each
> > group value.
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> Sarah
> >>
> >> Are the two reports related in some way?
> >>
> >> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another 
> >> "report"?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >>
> >> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:A5E6F779-683A-4F02-AFFB-8964AE2DFC48@microsoft.com...
> >> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report with
> >> > page
> >> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot 
> >> > file
> >> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the results 
> >> > of
> >> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks for any ideas.
> >> >
> >> > Sarah
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
1
Utf
1/16/2008 12:44:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B0186F13-5EC3-4682-9119-A35F7A1E7582@microsoft.com...
> Jeff, I was able to figure it with some help from 2  other 
> question/answers
> about getting page headers for subreports and re-numbering the Page and 
> Pages
> property for groupings.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Not sure how to help on something like that.
>>
>> Maybe one of the other newsgroup readers can offer ideas...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D67FF095-BA07-4141-8A15-49FD67598F49@microsoft.com...
>> > Yes I have looked into adding Rpt1 into Rpt2 as a subreport, but can't
>> > seem
>> > to get the page headers and footers to come out on the subreport.  The 
>> > 2
>> > reports do not have similar data sources.  Both reports have grouping 
>> > and
>> > within the grouping I reset the Page everytime a new value is 
>> > encountered
>> > for
>> > the group.  Also the Pages is always reset to the number of pages for 
>> > each
>> > group value.
>> >
>> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Sarah
>> >>
>> >> Are the two reports related in some way?
>> >>
>> >> Have you looked into adding one or both as "subreports" to another
>> >> "report"?
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >>
>> >> Jeff Boyce
>> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>> >>
>> >> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:A5E6F779-683A-4F02-AFFB-8964AE2DFC48@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Does anyone know a good way of combining 2 reports into one report 
>> >> > with
>> >> > page
>> >> > headers and footers from both reports?  I need to create a snapshot
>> >> > file
>> >> > which contains both reports.  Unless there is a way to take the 
>> >> > results
>> >> > of
>> >> > one report and append them to a snapshot file.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks for any ideas.
>> >> >
>> >> > Sarah
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
Jeff
1/16/2008 3:38:15 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

Upgrade Path sbs2000/sbs2003r2 and CRM1.2/3.0
We currently have CRM 1.2 installed on a sbs2000 server. We are looking to upgrade this server to sbs2003r2 and we also want to upgrade CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Can someone recommend the best upgrade path? This is partial book smarts and partial experience... Book smarts: Upgrade to CRM 3.0 on the SBS2000 box (assuming SQL 2000) Experience: Redeploy to SBS2k3R2 box using CRM 3.0 redeployment tool Upgrade to Rollup 1 My experience was to take it from a 3.0 to 3.0 on R2, so I had a SQL 2000 -> SQL 2005 on a new domain. I recommend that you backup and follow the directions to a T. The up...

outlook 2003 has 2 "send" labels in the send receive drop down
hi, sometimes, i have to reboot my machine because the send recieve button in outlook does not work, when i go to the drop down menu, i dont see any of my "accounts" listed, and I see the word "send", then the next line is duplicated and also says 'send". the only way to get back to "normal" is to reboot the whole system until it happens again. This usually happens once per day. Close Outlook. Do a search for the outcmd.dat file (this is a hidden file so you'll have to either tell Windows Explorer to unhide it or search hidden files and folder...

Email forwarding #2
Is there anyway to get your outlook emails forwarded automatically???? Hi! Microsoft Outlook, not Express? 1). Tools\Rules and Alerts... 2). Our Redirect add-in (www.mapilab.com), it redirect email and new recipient will receive the full copy of message, including internet headers and the same sender as in original email. > -----Original Message----- > From: Jason [mailto:Jason@nts.uk.net] > Posted At: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:46 PM > Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook > Conversation: Email forwarding > Subject: Email forwarding > > Is there anyway to get your ...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

RSS feed #2
I do not want Outlook as an RSS client. Every time I click on a feed, Outlook grabs it! How can I stop this so I can use live bookmarks etc? THANKS Robin "a novice" Hello RC Crabbe, I can do it for you. Please reply if you want it. Regards Andrej > I do not want Outlook as an RSS client. Every time I click on a feed, > Outlook grabs it! How can I stop this so I can use live bookmarks etc? > > > THANKS > Robin "a novice" > ...

sum by coding without 0 #2
hi in the following program if there is no value in the cells a1 and b1 it returns 0 Public Sub Add2Cells() Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End Sub i need only the output if the both the cells have the data will you can tell me that Public Sub Add2Cells() If Range("A1").Value <> "" And .Range("B1").Value <> "" Then Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End If End Sub -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no ...

help !!! lost floppy 2 / 2 of my back up file
I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i don't have any and it aborts the restore process. Any idea, what can i do? In microsoft.public.money, Fife wrote: >I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, >Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? No. > >On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i >don't have any and it aborts the restore process. > >Any idea, what...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

forecast function help #2
Just to clarify that formula, am i right to say this? =ROUND(FORECAST($E$1,B2:D2,$B$1:$D$1),0) $E$1 - is selecting the forcast for year 2004 B2:D2 - is selecting all the data bar the years in the top row $B$1:$D$1 - is being used to predict the outcome for 2004 Is that right? Thanks again -- metho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- method's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26644 Hi B1:D1 are the x values there B2:D2 the associated y ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

RANDOM WEIGHT (PRICE EMBEDDED) EAN/UPC BARCODES IN STORE VER 2.0
HELLO , I CREATED THE RANDOM WEIGHT CODE STARTING WITH (201000100000) THE BREAK UP OF THE CODE IS 20 = PREFIX 10001=ITEM LOOKUPCODE 00000=WEIGHING PRICE AFTER SETTING THE EAN13 CODE FOR THE WEIGHING ITEM I TRIED TO SCAN THE BARCODE WHICH IS CREATED IN WEIGHING SCALE . BUT THE POS IS NOT PICKING UP THIS CODE PLEASE ADVICE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS 1. make sure you've turn the utilize EAN/UPC option on. 2. HHIIIIIPPPDDC HH - header identifier, must be started w/ 02 or 20 IIIII - item lookup code (SKU in the scale) PPP - price to the left decimal DD - price to the right decimal C - che...

Time Formula #2
Hi I run Excel 2K I download data from a mainframe. This data has a date & time format in it (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) I work in a place that has a 3 shift cycle - day shift, afternoon shift, night shift. Day shift starts at 7:20am and ends at 15:29pm Afternoon shift starts at 15:30pm and ends at 23:19pm Night shift starts at 23:20pm amd ends at 7:19am I need a formula that looks at the cell with the date/time in it and displays the word DAY (for the time frame of day shift), AFTERNOON (for the timeframe of afternoon shift) and NIGHT (for the timeframe of night shift) In my previous ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2
...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...