Adding percentages to groups in report

I have a report that lists every employee, the department they belong to, and
their completion of certain annual competencies.

I have the report breaking at each change in department.  But, I would also
like to include at the end of each section, the percentage compliance for
that department.  In Excel I write =(COUNTIF(h2:h164,
"Yes"))/(COUNT($C2:$C164) where column h is the compliance containg either
"Yes" or a blank; and column C is the Employee Identification Number.

How do I put this into a report.  First, I cannot find how to make a group
footer which I suppose is where this would go; second, should the formula be
in the query? Someone said I would have to make a separate query and then add
a sub-form.

Any suggestions. I'm sure this is pretty basic, but I've never had to write
a report this complicated before (realizing its probably not complicated in
the grand scheme or report writing).

Thanks.

Access reports have sorting and grouping which allows you to create group
footer sections. In the group footer section, you can add a text box with a
control source like:

   =Sum(Abs([H]=True))/Count([C])

H is the column/field containing a yes/no values recording completion.

If you can't figure this out, come back with some actual field names and how
they are used.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"randlesc" wrote:

> I have a report that lists every employee, the department they belong to, and
> their completion of certain annual competencies.
>
> I have the report breaking at each change in department.  But, I would also
> like to include at the end of each section, the percentage compliance for
> that department.  In Excel I write =(COUNTIF(h2:h164,
> "Yes"))/(COUNT($C2:$C164) where column h is the compliance containg either
> "Yes" or a blank; and column C is the Employee Identification Number.
>
> How do I put this into a report.  First, I cannot find how to make a group
> footer which I suppose is where this would go; second, should the formula be
> in the query? Someone said I would have to make a separate query and then add
> a sub-form.
>
> Any suggestions. I'm sure this is pretty basic, but I've never had to write
> a report this complicated before (realizing its probably not complicated in
> the grand scheme or report writing).
>
> Thanks.

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

Reports only Show 10 Records
I notice that when you run a lot of the reports (eg Account Overview) there is only a maximum of ten records returned. This appears to be hardcoded as the report also states the fact in the footer. Any way around this? If the filter used on the report actually referred to, for instance, 25 Accounts how would you get all 25 reports? Maybe I am missing something. Thanks Cozy export that report to its rdl file and take a look through the reports source code which might tell you. Also make sure you also export any of its sub reports. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsof...

emailed report is blank
I want to email a report that will send info on the record that was just filled out and also save and clear the record for the next person. I have a couple problems. 1. the record is blank when it arrives in the email 2. the info is not erased. I have a button that "on click" has a macro attached to run the report and send it but I am not sure why the report is blank and where to put the code to clear the form. ...

group permissions
Users that are members of groups are unable to open other user's mailboxes. I have checked that the user is a member of the group. I have checked that the group has full mailbox rights for the mailboxes being accessed. For some reason exchange is not allowing access to the mailboxes unless I add the user to each mailbox permissions tab in AD. Any ideas? Thanks El ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

??WINDOWS 7 Discussion Groups
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Is for XP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Is for Vista Which Group us is for 7 Microsoft is transitioning from newsgroups to the new web-based forums. For Windows 7, please see: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > > Is for XP > > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general > > Is for Vista > > Which Group us is for 7 On 8/1/2010 1:56 AM, BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > >...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Windows 7 Groups?
So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this server? No, and there aren't likely to be any. Windows 7 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/ "Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23h9247rZKHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this : server? alt.windows7.general -- housetrained@hotmail.com "Any teacher that can be replaced by a computer, deserves to be." - David Thornberg "Tom Pa...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

How to launch report from add-in?
Hi all, I am trying to launch a report from POS addin(RMS). but it is giving an error related to the storng name of the assembly. Can anyone please tell me how I can use the native crystal report engine that is there with POS. so that I need not embed my own crystal report dll. Any other suggestion would help. thanks Hi, The company that made some addins for me and use some printing from the addin, added the software: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) After installing CRRedist2005_x86.msi into my system I can use their reports. Koit Lahesoo "KSS" <KSS@dis...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

cell count of 'grouped' cells
Apologies if this is a 'dumb' question! I am receiving data that is layed out in groups. When I try to 'countif' with some of the group not showing, I still get a full row count, including those rows not showing. Basically, I receive attendance stats with every days attendance detailed, grouped into the weekly attendance per person. As I need the number of people, I am trying to count just those (the second group/layer), but when I try the countif(data,"*"), it counts all of the rows, including the sub rows giving the daily info. Please can someone help/explain w...