vlookup in ms access

  • Follow

Hi
I'm not a programer, not aware of programming,
I just started using ms access recently
Can anyone help me in a simple language of creating vlookp in ms access
 in a form view if i have two combo boxes, and when i selected one value of
combo box one, its corresponding value only reflected in next combo2
i have a master data for this like
clomn1 clomn2
A1        c2
A2        c3
A2        c4
A1        c5

when I slecet A1 in combo 1  c2 and c5 only to be the options available in
combo2

Please help me

Regards
Sujesh

0
Reply Utf 4/28/2010 2:35:02 PM

Sujesh

vlookup is available in Excel.  Access doesn't have that function.

However, Access doesn't need that function!

Search on-line for "cascading comboboxes" to get an idea of how to do what
you're describing...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"SJ" <SJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm not a programer, not aware of programming,
> I just started using ms access recently
> Can anyone help me in a simple language of creating vlookp in ms access
> in a form view if i have two combo boxes, and when i selected one value of
> combo box one, its corresponding value only reflected in next combo2
> i have a master data for this like
> clomn1 clomn2
> A1        c2
> A2        c3
> A2        c4
> A1        c5
>
> when I slecet A1 in combo 1  c2 and c5 only to be the options available in
> combo2
>
> Please help me
>
> Regards
> Sujesh