vlookup in ms access

Hi
I'm not a programer, not aware of programming,
I just started using ms access recently
Can anyone help me in a simple language of creating vlookp in ms access
 in a form view if i have two combo boxes, and when i selected one value of
combo box one, its corresponding value only reflected in next combo2
i have a master data for this like
clomn1 clomn2
A1        c2
A2        c3
A2        c4
A1        c5

when I slecet A1 in combo 1  c2 and c5 only to be the options available in
combo2

Please help me

Regards
Sujesh

Sujesh

vlookup is available in Excel.  Access doesn't have that function.

However, Access doesn't need that function!

Search on-line for "cascading comboboxes" to get an idea of how to do what
you're describing...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"SJ" <SJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm not a programer, not aware of programming,
> I just started using ms access recently
> Can anyone help me in a simple language of creating vlookp in ms access
> in a form view if i have two combo boxes, and when i selected one value of
> combo box one, its corresponding value only reflected in next combo2
> i have a master data for this like
> clomn1 clomn2
> A1        c2
> A2        c3
> A2        c4
> A1        c5
>
> when I slecet A1 in combo 1  c2 and c5 only to be the options available in
> combo2
>
> Please help me
>
> Regards
> Sujesh

0
Jeff

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

MS CRM vs Axapta CRM
Hi there, Does anyone know what the key differences are between MS CRM and Axapter CRM and where Microsoft is positioning the two applications? Also what is the future of Axapter CRM? Will MS CRM eventually have the same functionality as Axapter CRM which will then be phased out? TIA my impression is that MS CRM is microsoft's strategy for CRM moving forward. I'm sure other other apps from microsoft with CRM functionality will be phased out. However this is my opinion - only time will tell what Microsoft will do. "Karl Iuel" <Somewhere@there.com> wrote in mess...

How to access table buffer in GP 10.0?
Hi, I am trying to access table buffer of table SOP_HDR_WORK attached to SOP_Entry form. But if I use the same piece of code I was using for GP 9.0 - if 'SOP Number' of table SOP_HDR_WORK <> "" then {some code} end if; I am not getting back any result. Is there any change the way we can access the table buffers in GP 10.0? Thanks. ...

MS Money Data On Mac
I have recently been put in charge of the accounting at a non-profit, which has kept their records on a PC using MS Money 99. Problem is, I use a Mac. How can I view or import MS Money 99 data on/to a Mac? Any help would be much appreciated. Not at all easily and not without, say, Quicken for Mac and lots of mangled Money data. "Ted Eimon" <teimon@thegrid.net> wrote in message news:BC3CAACB.45B5%teimon@thegrid.net... > I have recently been put in charge of the accounting at a non-profit, which > has kept their records on a PC using MS Money 99. Problem is, I use a Mac...

Attaching Access 2000 to Outlook Inbox
I'm trying to import information from Exchange Server / Outlook 2003 (11) Inbox into an Access 2000 database (9.0.6926 SP-3). My machine is Win2K. The email address is not any individual user, but one created to receive the .jsp submissions. (All are supposed to come from the same source, but the spambots have gotten that address, so not all are coming from the same source, which helped narrow the problem.) Just before putting into production, I noticed 11 of the messages imported have a date of 6/28/2197. This is in the editing table right before the info gets dumped into the contacts t...

ms office stopped working
about 30 secs after starting ms office outlook 2003 on vista i get a message: A problem caused the pgm to stop working correctly. Windows will close pgm and notify you if a solution is available. I have have to close the pgm but get no solution. Can anyone help? -- rpwater Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com This group discusses the Windows Mail application, repost to one of the Outlook groups. -- -- "rpwater" <rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > about 30 s...

accessing an image control on a report
My question is very simple. I am simply wanting to use VBA to properly reference an image object inside of a report. Let's say I have a report called rptImgReport. From my "Open" event of this report I have the following code. This does not work below. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Report_rptImgReport.Image143.Picture = "C:\MyImage.jpg" End Sub I cannot reference the "Picture" property this way. I've spent a couple of hours on this and even looked through the Object Browser - and I cannot seem to reference it. I'm not new...

Scheduling Bill in MS Money 2005
Can you setup Bills to be paid in MS Money "Bill Summary" window and have it sent to the bank when I do a web update when I close money? or Do I have to use Bill Pay to do that? I prefer to use Bill Summary, and if so how do I do this? ...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

in vba for access how do i get the day of the week for a date field?
in vba for access how do i get the day of the week for a date field? You mean Monday, Tuesday,... Dim myDate As Date myDate = DateSerial(2005, 12, 25) MsgBox Format(myDate, "dddd") or the day portion of the date? Dim myDate As Date myDate = DateSerial(2005, 12, 25) MsgBox Day(myDate) Daniel wrote: > > in vba for access how do i get the day of the week for a date field? -- Dave Peterson ...

How do you Export the MS word 2007 Document map to a .csv file
I want to export the headings in a word document to a .csv file either through the document map or the body of the main document. Is there a way that this can be accomplished. If not is there a way to selct all hading s and copy them to a text file? Thank you. B. McFarlin Someone may come along with a macro to select all the headings at once, but you can certainly select all the headings in a given style at once. In the Find dialog, use Format | Style to select the desired style, leaving the "Find what" box empty. Then click "Find in" and choose &quo...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Companyweb not accessible from SBS SErver.
I HAVE SCOURED THE INTERNET LOOKING FOR A FIX FOR THIS. I have tried everything short of a Server rebuild. None of the Hotfixes do any good. I can access http://companyweb from any workstation but not from the server. -- Thanks, Tim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_039B_01CAA97C.20B0D8A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please only post once and wait 20-30 minutes for your post to display --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Serv...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

GAL access
Anyone have a Q article or something describing how Outlook clients get the GAL in Windows 2003? Or even 2000? Thanks, Pair When you open Outlook w/ a profile configured for your Exchange server the GAL isn't visible? Please be more specific. "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:eFJIX$TrEHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone have a Q article or something describing how Outlook clients get the > GAL in Windows 2003? Or even 2000? > > Thanks, > Pair > > ...

MS Access and Sql Server
Hello all, I am new to SQL server and am having some problems with Access and connecting to it. I have read so many articles but have found not one that spells it out in pure english! Hoping someone can help? OK, I just built a new machine, bought all sorts of software, and now I am ready to go. I have previously been just using MS Access 2003 / 2007 but now I want to store my tables and quarys in SQL Server. I have SQL server 2008 and 2005, I also have visual studio 2008 along with my MS access 2003 / 2007. So far I cannot get a file to connect to my SQL Server. How on earth does o...

JTDS support for shared memory access
Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access? I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED Appreciate your replies. Thanks! From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/118_0_0_0_0_0/microsoft-public-sqlserver-server.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ On 2010-03-12 2:48, xbluewho wrote: > Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access? > No, it doesn't. > I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED > Then you're out of luck. jTDS requires at least one of those. ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Visible Function In Access
Can I alter the visible function for a field so that it corresponds to my computers date i.e. today is 04/04/07 and the text box on the form is visible when computer clock changes to 05/04/07 text box property visible is set to true? Thanks I'm not sure to completly understand your question/use but yes you can control a fileds visibiliy. The basic synthax would be Me.ControlName.Visible = TrueOrFalse So you could easily create a date check and then change the visible property accordingly. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Asif" wrote: > Can I alter the visible fun...

close excel; leave access open
Here is the end part of my code (lots of other stuff done first) where I want to open a database in Access (so that the user can take further action) and then close out excel: Set mdapp = CreateObject("access.application") With mdapp ..Visible = True ..OpenCurrentDatabase ("S:\Financial Analysis\Labor Report.mdb") End With Windows("labor report.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close Excel.Application.Quit However, this closes out the MS Application as well as the Excel Application. Note: This only started happening when I switc...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

Success with MS 2005
OK.. I have been reading all the info on this forum on the new 2005. I just upgraded from 2004 Deluxe to 2005 Deluxe and all my 2004 accounts are correct: balances, categories, subcategories, and I even have MSN Money sending my bill payments and syncing as before. HOWEVER this may be due to HOW I had to install the program. On the first installation of the program I COULD NOT open my money file.. ERROR MESSAGE SAID... YOU MUST HAVE THE MS MONEY BUSINESS EDITION to continue. Well I have the Deluxe edition.I restarted computer. Same error message. Deleted Temp. Files... Same error ...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

Grouping on the same line
Hi - I am trying to create a report and need to use grouping. Is there a way to have groups on the same line versus staggered below the one before? For example - current state: A B 1 2 3 Desired: A B 1 2 3 Thanks so much! It is possible. Post table and field names with datatype and sample data. -- Build a little, test a little. "Erin" wrote: > Hi - > I am trying to create a report and need to use grouping. Is there a way to > have groups on the same line versus staggered below the one before? ...