trying to select the last 3 digits of a field

Follow
Email
hello all

this is the query im using (I am looking to get the last 3 characters
of a field):

rep_code: Right(tablename.fieldname,3)

And I get this error:
IDBC--call failed
[Informix][Infomirx ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred.
(#-201)

Is it something wrong with my query or something outside Access 2003
(since the table I am trying to work with its using an ODBC conexion)?

Any ideas???

Thanks
0
Reply erick 11/20/2007 9:52:06 PM

Update (refresh) Subform#1 when a check box is selected on Subform
Hi, I have a main form with two subforms, one linked and one not. When I select a checkbox on Subform#1, it affects a value on Subform#2 (and changes it green). However, this only updates on Subform#1, after I select a new record on that subform. So, my question is, how can I force subform#1 to refresh after I have clicked my check box on Subform#2? Any help is always greatly appreciated. Cheers, GLT. this is in the ballpark in the checkbox's after update event docmd.requery "subform#2" the correct reference to the subform will be important for e...

Selecting from list
Hi all I am not an Excel expert, so forgive my ignorance. How do I configure an in-cell drop down list created via Data\Validation so that when the user types a letter, the first item beginning with that letter will be selected in the list. In other words, if the first list item beginning with 'R' is 'Rabbit', that item will be selected when the user hits the letter 'R' if the cell containing the list has the focus. Thanks Clive Hi Clive AFAIK you can't customize the standard data validation listbox in this way. Frank Clive wrote: > Hi all, > I am not an E...

Distribution List #3
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to set up a distribution list but do not want each person on the list to view each other email address - Just want the TO: line to be generic (e.g. EVERYONE) Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, In order to hide e-mail addresses from other recipients, type your address in the To field and place the distribution list in the Bcc field of the e-mail message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 257599.KB.EN-US, OL2000: How to Hide E-mail Addresses from Other Recipients You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.m...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Reflect changes based on field choice
On my form I have a field called amount and a field called Checkstatus. The amount signifies a check amount and status signifiespending, returned or cleared. Is it possible that when cleared isselected a calculation will automatically reflect the change .Example:Available Balance $5000Check Amount Status$3000 PendingBalance reflects $2000 availableCheck Amount Status$3000 ClearedBalnce reflects $5000I know in excel I would achieve this with an IF function however I amsomewhat lost in AccessTIA Use an expression in a query to get the result of the ...

selection hanging
hi! im saechari when i was working in excel, with select option it was hanging, when we move to cursur it was automatically selected. wht is the reson for that, how to retrive frm that. saechari india Do you see "EXT" on the status bar at lower right? Press F8 key to disable "Extended Mode" If you see "ADD" hit SHIFT + F8 to disable "Add Mode" If using Excel 2007 try changing the Zoom setting a bit up or down. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 02:03:01 -0700, selection hanging <selection hanging@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

limit size of integer in number field on form
I have a quantity per field set up in my SQL Server file (adp project) as precision 11 scale 5. This means the largest number I can store is 999999.99999 . I have a subform that this field is entered on (datasheet view) and if a user keys in a number that is 7 digits long (one longer than what is allowed) I get the error "multiple step operation generated errors". I can trap for this error in the forms On Error event but it's just the generic error 2757 which covers a lot more errors than mine. And the control.value doesn't contain what was keyed in, it just has the old v...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Posting to a public folder From Field Greyed Out
Afternoon, I have done a search online for any reference to outlook 2007 public folder posts and from field greyed out but can't seem to find anything to explain why this is happening. Currently users in outlook 2000 post items in outlook using the from field and select a team from the Gal instead of from an indervidual, now they are migrating to 2007 they do not have this ability as the From Field is Greyed out. Is this a new restriction in 2007 or something that hasn't been set correctly? Thanks -- mdlister Check with the Exchange Administrator to see if...

Fit Selection Setting Doesn't Hold
I have created an invoice that I want to email to a company. I have the invoice worksheet formatted so that the entire invoice is visable and fills the entire width of my screen at 100% Zoom Magnification. It occured to me that if the company has a screen resolution different from mine, the entire invoice will not fill the screen. I discovered this when I changed my own screen resolution. I thought the solution to this problem would be to simply highlight the area I wanted to fill the screen and then set the View Zoom Magnification to Fit Selection. After I did that, I then changed my s...

Excel not unhighlighting selection
I am experiencing an issue with 2 PC's that are having the same issue. When the user goes to select cells, Excel doesn't release the selection box and the user is unable to 'release' the selection box, no matter what they do. Even killing Excel and reopening didn't stop the matter. The users have to restart the PC in order to get it to work and even then, it comes back. This is happening in Excel 2000 & 2003. The keyboard is not on any KVM and does work fine in other applications. Replacing the keyboard didn't help. Any thoughts? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.mv...

CRM 3.0 Mail Merge Question
Hello everyone, Can someone tell me how to create a popup window in MSCRM SFO 3.0 Mail Merge. I need a popup window to let the user know that the field in the mail merge template is "null". The user does not want to have to read the document to make sure that all database fields are there. I have tested out a script to place text in the document at the location of the field but I need a popup window to alert the user. ...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

printing highlighted selection only in an email
In pervious version I could hightlight the text of an email; go to File, Print, and select "selection"; Print. This way only what I hightlighted would print. On my new version (Windows XP Professional 2003) I can not find this option. Help. What version of Outlook (not Outlook Express) allowed that feature? I'm not sure if any version of Outlook ever has allowed that "stringfellow" <stringfellow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:240BD77D-1F56-4240-A719-1CF3B93C7A9F@microsoft.com... > In pervious version I could hightlight the text of an ...

Chart the Top 3 values
I'm a programmer, but I don't program in Excel normally so bear with me. I currently have an Excel chart that displays the frequency of Accidents in Man Hours Lost for the overall Program with the x-axis being each Qtr. Within this Program are 40 Projects. What I would like to do is chart the top 3 most accident prone Projects as an overlay on the existing chart. I've worked out how to add a combo box that will add a series to the chart based on the user's selection(s), which gives them the ability to add desired project ranges to the chart. But, I would like to make ...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

Select method failing
I'm trying to remove a header row in a different spreadsheet with the following code. Everything goes OK until it gets to .Range("A1").select. It gives me an error message that says, "Select method of Range class failed." What am I missing? Dim objWkBook As Object Dim objWkSheet As Object Set objWkBook = GetObject("Z:\AgingByLocation.xls") Set objWkSheet = objWkBook.Worksheets(1) With objWkSheet .Activate .Rows(1).Delete Shift:=xlUp .Range("A1").Select End With You are trying to activa...

Select nodes by filter
Hello! I've got following XML structure <ROOT> <DATASET> <ID>1</ID> <VALUE>Test1</VALUE> </DATASET> <DATASET> <ID>2</ID> <VALUE>Test2</VALUE> </DATASET> <DATASET> <ID>3</ID> <VALUE>Test3</VALUE> </DATASET> </ROOT> I want to select all dataset nodes having a certain id value. SelectNodes will give me a collection of ALL dataset nodes. I need something like SelectNodesByFilter("ROOT/DATASET", "ID < 3") D...

Comment boxes #3
As far as I can tell, this cannot be done, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...Can a comment box be "assigned" to more than one cell? Thanks. -- Michael J. Malinsky Pittsburgh, PA "I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me." -- AA Milne, Winne the Pooh I didn't follow your question. Can you provide an example ----- Michael Malinsky wrote: ---- As far as I can tell, this cannot be done, but I figured it couldn't hurt t ask...Can a comment box be "assigned" to more than one cell Thanks ...

Expession Field
Access 2003. This post is along the same lines as my last but a different approach.???? Is it possible, on the query grid, to create an expression field based on a calculated field but convert it to a number format for lookup/ criterion setting purposes? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:14:10 -0800 (PST), TeeSee <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote: >Access 2003. This post is along the same lines as my last but a >different approach.???? > >Is it possible, on the query grid, to create an expression field based >on a calculated field but convert it to a number format for lookup/ &g...

Posting to an account that has the "allow account entry" de-select
Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to an account through A/P processing even though the account was not selected to "allow account entry?" If the account is the default posting account on vendor cards (or vendor class or posting accounts setup), it will allow posting. "Allow account entry" only stops you from being able to select the account or enter the account. It will still post if it is the default account. "Erik B" wrote: > Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to > an acc...

Rental Addon #3
We are pleased to announce release of RentMe addon for RMS 2.0 and 1.3 You can view nine minute video here. http://www.retail-pos.com/2008-06-10%2020.38%20Meet%20Now.wmv Please contact us for detailed information. Ian McLean RMS sales(AT)retail-pos.com ...

% Sign appearing in Amount fields
Dear All, I have a pecliar problem of % Sign appearing as suffix in amounts field and also Functional currency symbol being displayed as prefix for originating currency transactions, even though amounts are correct and no symbol appears if I enter a functional currency transaction -- Regards, Syed FaizMuntaqa Were these transactions entered by hand or imported into the back end via some method? It should to me like a currency index or decimal places currency value in a table for the transaction is off by some amount and so when GP displays the information back to you then the currency...