Sumif function in Access

  • Follow

Please help!
I need to sum amounts if a condition applies.
The source table has 3 columns:
AcctNum, Amount, Category.
123         10          Tax
123         5            Ins
123         8            Loan
123         2            Loan
123         1            Tax
There are only 3 categories (tax, insurance, loan), but there can be 1
account number with multiple categories.
I need to sum up the categories so the end result looks like:
AcctNum Tax Ins Loan
123         11  5   10

Thank you!
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 8:31:01 PM

Check out crosstab queries in Help.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Hurrikane4" wrote:

> Please help!
> I need to sum amounts if a condition applies.
> The source table has 3 columns:
> AcctNum, Amount, Category.
> 123         10          Tax
> 123         5            Ins
> 123         8            Loan
> 123         2            Loan
> 123         1            Tax
> There are only 3 categories (tax, insurance, loan), but there can be 1
> account number with multiple categories.
> I need to sum up the categories so the end result looks like:
> AcctNum Tax Ins Loan
> 123         11  5   10
>
> Thank you!
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 8:54:02 PM

SORRY FOR THE DELAYED RESPONSE!

The crosstab query worked, thank you very much!

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> Check out crosstab queries in Help.
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Hurrikane4" wrote:
>
> > Please help!
> > I need to sum amounts if a condition applies.
> > The source table has 3 columns:
> > AcctNum, Amount, Category.
> > 123         10          Tax
> > 123         5            Ins
> > 123         8            Loan
> > 123         2            Loan
> > 123         1            Tax
> > There are only 3 categories (tax, insurance, loan), but there can be 1
> > account number with multiple categories.
> > I need to sum up the categories so the end result looks like:
> > AcctNum Tax Ins Loan
> > 123         11  5   10
> >
> > Thank you!
0