showing only unique records

Follow
Email
I have two databases linked, one keeps basic client information (name,
DOB, address, etc.), the other keeps track of client's visit date and
purchases. I want to display a list of clients that made purchases
within a given date range, regardless of number of purchases made.

 With the simple query view, somehow I end up displaying one row for
each client's purchase(s), i.e. if the client made 10 purchases in the
date range, then I see 10 entries displayed for such, when I only want
to see that client's name shown once. Is there a quick way to avoid
displaying the duplication?

0
Reply namsilat 1/18/2008 2:50:38 AM

If you are looking for the latest record use a "Totals" query (the Sigma
button) and change Group By to Max in the date field.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two databases linked, one keeps basic client information (name,
> DOB, address, etc.), the other keeps track of client's visit date and
> purchases. I want to display a list of clients that made purchases
> within a given date range, regardless of number of purchases made.
>
> With the simple query view, somehow I end up displaying one row for
> each client's purchase(s), i.e. if the client made 10 purchases in the
> date range, then I see 10 entries displayed for such, when I only want
> to see that client's name shown once. Is there a quick way to avoid
> displaying the duplication?

0
Reply Arvin 1/18/2008 4:22:16 AM
Don't display the date field or any other non-unique information from the
purchases table
- uncheck show field in the query grid
- enter your date criteria
Set the Unique Values property of the query to Yes
To do this:
--Right Click on the top section of the query (not on a table)
--Select View Properties from the menu

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two databases linked, one keeps basic client information (name,
> DOB, address, etc.), the other keeps track of client's visit date and
> purchases. I want to display a list of clients that made purchases
> within a given date range, regardless of number of purchases made.
>
> With the simple query view, somehow I end up displaying one row for
> each client's purchase(s), i.e. if the client made 10 purchases in the
> date range, then I see 10 entries displayed for such, when I only want
> to see that client's name shown once. Is there a quick way to avoid
> displaying the duplication?

0
Reply John 1/18/2008 1:07:26 PM
Follow
Email

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

difference in macro recording from 2003 to 2007 excel killing me.
Hello, I'm trying to figure out why there is a difference like this between excel 2003 and 2007. Perhaps there's a setting somewhere that I need to change. When I record a macro in 2003 to the personal workbook, that macro then works for me in every document that I open thereafter and try to run it in. In 2007 it seems to associate my selecting with the particular file that I record the macro in, so that when I go to run it later on a different report, but I want to do the same changes, it comes up with an error because it is searching for the selection in the other document name. ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

UPDATE records by copying from same table?
Hi, I have a table with new records added, that is some information has been pre-filled. Say I have 3 new records with the same reference code ZZZZZZ - they all have unique auto numbered lines. Say for example ID Cust_ID FirstName LastName .............. 1234 ZZZZZZ Fred Jones ........ 1235 ZZZZZZ Bruce Watts ......... 1236 ZZZZZZ Ted Nugent .......... Now sitting at the start of the table is 1 AAAAAA Fred Jones Blue Green Orange.... etc 2 AAAAAA Bruce Watts RED Violet Green....etc 3 AAAAAA Ted Nugent Red Green Purpl...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

how to create table of unique records?
I would like to create a table of sample locations. Currently, I have a table of information on 11,000 field samples. Problem is, there are many sample locations that are repeated because sampling was done from year to year. Is there a way to have excel go through the table and remove rows that have a repeat value in a specific column? I want a table of unique sample locations. I can do this visually, but it would take some time! Thanks in advance. select the column used for 'sample location', select from the Data menu-> Filter->Advanced Filter, then select 'copy to new ...

gp 10 -how to show a list of sop documents for a specific customer?
Hello, What is the best way to return all SOP documents for a specific customer using GP10 list? (not smartlist) This is our problem: -we go to the Customers list. -select a customer and goto > "view transactions" our problem is that any sop transaction that we click on that is moved to history, opens the AR transaction instead of the SOP document. Context? a customer calls and wants to know if something they bought is under warranty but they have no clue when they bought it. So we will not know what date is was bought. We are just using SOP, not service management. -- J...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

Show value of trendlien intercept point
I have a scatter chart to which I have added a trendline. I need the value to show where the trendline hits a particular point (ie where the downward trend begins.) how can I show the value of 1 data point? thanks, jane ...