how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query

I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a
10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!!

Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField]

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"confussed student" wrote:

> I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a
> 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!!
-2
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote:

> I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a
> 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!!

NewValue:[FieldName]*1.1
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

How to calculate age of a person?

Can Not Access Money File
I am using Money 2004 Deluxe running on Windows XP It was working fine. But I had to re-install windows due to several reasons. After re-installation, I can not access my Money File, as it keeps asking for the password, and refuses to accept the password. I have certainly not forgotten the password as I use money on a fairly regular basis. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks As luck would have it, I had installed Money 2004 with Anti-Virus running. Although the intallation completed without any problems / messages, I thought it might be a problem. So I un-installed Money, then re-insta...

DROP DOWN MENUS #10
i would like to link my drop down menus with an if, then scenario. If product a is selected, then product 1&2 are availble but if product b is selected, then product 1,2,3 & 4 are available. Does anyone know how to do this in an Excel document? Please let me know. Thanks. ...

Due Date Calculated

multiuser access to excel files
Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network share? "Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:058c01c35320$297e2e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an > excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network > share? Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a danish version so I don't know the english name for it) -- /\ preben nielsen \/\ prel@post.tele.dk tools/share workbook, and a check box. how nea...

Euro symbol in queries
I have an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 database using ODBC linked tables. There appears to be a problem when using the euro symbol in queries. SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='?40'; (the ? should be a euro symbol Alt+0128. it appears that even just posting causes the same problem) This query returns nothing although there are many entries with a strPRICE of '?40' SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='$40'; This query returns all with a strPRICE of '$40' How do I use the symbol in queries? Rega...

Can Outlook access Exchange Servers over the Internet?
I have multiple Email accounts located on different Exchange Servers (different locations). I want to know if there is an add-on for Outlook, in order to access multiple Exchange Servers over the Internet instead of using the Outlook WEB page. Thanks for any help, VPN will let you do this. You need to ask the Admins at the places where you access Outlook via Exchange for the credentials and the specific client. You will also need to set up separate profiles for each Exchange account that you want to access. How VPN works with multiple profiles/exchange accounts, I do not know. --� Mil...

Opening attachments 06-19-10
Hi... When I bought my computer, it had Microsoft Works suite preinstalled. However, I need to open certain WORD attachments in correct format, so I installed Microsoft Word. But it still opens Word attachments in Works. There must be a simple way of telling the machine to open in Word! Any suggestions please?? Create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on the desktop. 2. Right click on the saved file. 3. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu. 4. Click: Choose [default] Program. 5. Select: MS Word. 6. Check: Always use...

how to calculate outliers

Access 2007 or 2003? My big dilemma!
Dear friends, I am using Access for several years, developing several databases. It’s been more than a week, I have bought and installed Office 2007 and I am trying to decide whether I shall continue with Access 2003 or I will go to Access 2007. By trying Access 2007 I have seen (this is my opinion only) a lot of changes, most of them making the whole process more difficult. For example the Ribbon always rests on top of the forms, reports etc (the user can easily minimize or cancel that). Most of the commands must be selected by using 2 clicks and not just one as in previous versions...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

formula error 12-10-09
something basic as : =(cell)*(cell) or 4,109 * 43.86. Should equate to 180,221; however displays as 180,200. formula error flag is in upper left..but I can find nothing...any suggestions? Thanks all Is this happening on more than one formula, using more than those particular cells? Perhaps try this in a different (new blank) workbook and see if it it related to just this one file. It may be a corrupt file, or maybe a formatting problem with the data. "RC" wrote: > something basic as : =(cell)*(cell) or 4,109 * 43.86. Should equate to > 180,221;...

ODBC database query
I am working with an Access database to keep track of everyone's jobs at work. I have Excel files with macros that pull information from the database and display it in a report form. My problem is that I seem to be running out of space within the macros. I get to the database using an ODBC link. Once I filter the data and complete the macro, the filtered data displays perfectly, but if I save and close the file, then open it again, the macro contains errors. When I open the macro and look at the coding, it looks like it cuts off at a certain point as if I had filled my character quot...

MS access login issue
Hi We use MS Access 2000 application to login to and do inventory management, This access database uses linked tables via ODBC to SQL server 7 database to transact, and also logins to application validated against SQL database user all of a sudden, the user who used to login to access, can no longer login from his workstation, error message saying this user "proccess did not complete, due to duplicate record cration.... in a table" Same user can login from different computer no problem. Has anyone encountered such issue with MS access? It is as if, his PC somehow ...

Passing specific ComboBox info to a Query
Hi - hope someone can help. What I'm trying to do is to select service dates within a 53 week year - and the year doesn't always start on the 1st Jan. When I use specific criteria in the ServiceDate field in the query (dd/mm/yyyy): "Between #28/12/2009# And (#28/12/2009#+371)" it works fine. When I use a text box (set to dd/mm/yyyy) and set the criteria to "Between Forms!FRM_FormName!TextBox and (Forms!FRM_FormName!TextBox +371)" it also works fine I don't want the user to have to remember the exact start date of each year, so I creat...

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

10.1.4 update won't install
When I run the 10.1.4 updater on my iBook I end up with an error message which says that the installer is unable to find the Office X folder on my hard drive. At some point I think I renamed the folder "MS Office X", so I thought that was the reason and renamed it back to "Microsoft Office X". That still didn't work. How can I get this update installed? I tried installing it from within the same folder that Office resides in, but that didn't work either. You need to install the 10.1.2 update first, ...

word not responding 01-29-10
whilst doing a spell check Microsoft word has frozen - how can I unfreeze it without losing all of my written work? ...

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

User Access Error in MSCRM
Hi all, I hope someone can help with this problem. I had MSCRM installed and working without any problems. A colleague of mine went to assign a license to a new user by removing the license from an old user. He then disabled the old user's account. The result is that we are unable to access the entire CRM environment with the error messages below. I have uninstalled the CRM software and reinstalled but kept the same database. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Pere ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...