Finding records with overlapping times

  • Follow

My table has an Case ID, date, start time and stop time. I need to be able
count the records with overlapping times. This is an OR utilization
application and we want to know how many cases we have going on at the same
time. For example: Case 1 Start time 11:00, Stop time 12:58; Case 2 Start
time 11:42, Stop time 12:28; Case 3 Start time 11:55, Stop time 12:10; Case 4
STart time 12:12 Stop time 13:35. Cases 1, 2 and 4 would be concurrent. But
since Case 3 was over before Case 4 started, it would not be counted. I know
very little VBA, but would really appreciate help with this. Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 10/20/2007 2:28:01 AM

See:
    Clashing Events/Appointments
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/appevent.html

"csingram" <csingram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My table has an Case ID, date, start time and stop time. I need to be able
> count the records with overlapping times. This is an OR utilization
> application and we want to know how many cases we have going on at the
> same
> time. For example: Case 1 Start time 11:00, Stop time 12:58; Case 2 Start
> time 11:42, Stop time 12:28; Case 3 Start time 11:55, Stop time 12:10;
> Case 4
> STart time 12:12 Stop time 13:35. Cases 1, 2 and 4 would be concurrent.
> But
> since Case 3 was over before Case 4 started, it would not be counted. I
> know
> very little VBA, but would really appreciate help with this. Thanks.

(page loaded in 0.056 seconds)

Reply: