Finding records with overlapping times

My table has an Case ID, date, start time and stop time. I need to be able
count the records with overlapping times. This is an OR utilization
application and we want to know how many cases we have going on at the same
time. For example: Case 1 Start time 11:00, Stop time 12:58; Case 2 Start
time 11:42, Stop time 12:28; Case 3 Start time 11:55, Stop time 12:10; Case 4
STart time 12:12 Stop time 13:35. Cases 1, 2 and 4 would be concurrent. But
since Case 3 was over before Case 4 started, it would not be counted. I know
very little VBA, but would really appreciate help with this. Thanks.

See:
    Clashing Events/Appointments
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/appevent.html

"csingram" <csingram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My table has an Case ID, date, start time and stop time. I need to be able
> count the records with overlapping times. This is an OR utilization
> application and we want to know how many cases we have going on at the
> same
> time. For example: Case 1 Start time 11:00, Stop time 12:58; Case 2 Start
> time 11:42, Stop time 12:28; Case 3 Start time 11:55, Stop time 12:10;
> Case 4
> STart time 12:12 Stop time 13:35. Cases 1, 2 and 4 would be concurrent.
> But
> since Case 3 was over before Case 4 started, it would not be counted. I
> know
> very little VBA, but would really appreciate help with this. Thanks.

0
Allen

Find Duplicate names and delate

run-time error 2147467259 (80004005)
i have a store that is getting the run time error above only when they have a transaction involving the members of one matrix, and then they are kicked out of the system. if they try to sell one of these items, transfer it to another store, receive it, etc, it will kill the program and give this error. the rest of the information given in the error is "could not find the index entry for RID '1600002bd2765100' in index page (1:42599), index ID 8, database GFANC03. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this problem and possible solutions? We are using version 1.2, sin...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

saving a copy of deleted records
I am writing a vb6 interface for an access database. I want to be able to delete records so they no longer register on the database but at the same time it would be good if all the deleted data was stored away somewhere - rather like the recycle bin in Windows. I would welcome suggestion on the best way to do this. Is there any standard way to do it? There are a number of related tables with 'Cascade Delete Related Records' set. Thanks Nod The easiest thing to do would be simply to add a checkbox to the table so that if you don't want people to see certain records tick it. D...

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Time format in Excel 97
I'm having problems using time in Excel. I've tried various cell formats but get similiar results. When entering a time in a cell such as :57, Excel seems to see it as a time and works fine, once I get over a minute and enter something like 1:03, Excel sees that cell as 1:03:00 AM, which I definitely don't want it to do. Any suggestions would be great. thanks. Hi, First format the cells as h:mm:ss. When entering time you must enter it according to the format. For example 1 minute and 3 seconds must be entered as 00:01:03 it you do not enter the leading 00 excel will eval...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Autorun a macro at preset times
I have a macro that draws data from a website and places in to several tables which are then organised is different criteria. Instead of me manually hitting the button with assigned macro, I want to have the macro run itself every 10 minutes. How do I do this please? Darren, have a look at ONTIME in Excel VBA help -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Darren" wrote: > I have a macro that draws data from a website and places i...

copy and pasting in 5000 records referencing cells
I have a file that is 5000 records long. example Column A Column B namea nameb namec Transit number associated with (a,b,c) What I want is to have transit number appear in Column a beside each of the individuals. The issue is the transit number is different for all 5000 records some may have 5 per transit number and others just 3 and some have 7 depending on size of the branch. Is there a formula to populate this without copy and pasting in each cell? thanks Yes "Fawn Lagi...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

Bring Up Records Within a Form
Hello All, I am building a maintenance database for heavy equipment. What I have is a form which shows the information about a particular piece of equipment - for example a dump truck. I have broken the form into three tabs: "General Information", "Technical Information", and "Maintenance History". General Information houses make, model, year, etc. - but most importantly, the unit number. Technical information houses tire size, serial number, filter numbers, etc. What happens is that once the unit is entered into the database, it is not changed. But, as main...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...