calculating maturity dates..

Follow
Email
i have here for my database some investments...
and then, for every investment, there are different terms which the user will
choose from...
either days, months, or years.. and then i want the maturity date to be
calculated using what the user had inputted...
for example       he indicates 3 months, the starting date is Feb 28, 2007, i
want the maturity date to be calculated as May 30, 2007... how is this
possible? and for years, if example Feb 28, 2007 to Feb 29, 2008?

Please...i really need a help on this...thank you verymuch....

--
ai®

Reply ai_enjoi 11/23/2007 7:20:55 AM

I would have a table that contains the "terms" of the investment and the
appropriate interval parameters from the DateAdd function (I'd actually
probably use this table as the datasource for the users selection of the
term).  So tbl_InvestTerms would have contain two columns and have values
like "yyyy", "Years", "q", "Quarters", "m", "Months", "d", "Days".  This
table would be the datasource for cbo_InvestTerm, where you would display
the second column but store (bind) the first column.

Then, in your query, you would create a MaturityDate column similar to:

MaturityDate: DateAdd([Term], [TimePeriods], [StartDate])

HTH
Dale

"ai_enjoi via AccessMonster.com" <u33509@uwe> wrote in message
>i have here for my database some investments...
> and then, for every investment, there are different terms which the user
> will
> choose from...
> either days, months, or years.. and then i want the maturity date to be
> calculated using what the user had inputted...
> for example       he indicates 3 months, the starting date is Feb 28,
> 2007, i
> want the maturity date to be calculated as May 30, 2007... how is this
> possible? and for years, if example Feb 28, 2007 to Feb 29, 2008?
>
> Please...i really need a help on this...thank you verymuch....
>
> --
> ai�

Reply Dale 11/26/2007 2:09:52 AM
Good suggestion, Dale.  In fact why bother with a table, simply code the
values directly into a list or combo box?

Rod
0
Reply Utf 11/26/2007 3:58:00 AM
Rod,

I hate to "simply code the values directly into a list" primarily because it
is so easy to forget what you've done and have to go looking.

Personally, I prefer to have tables behind all of my bound controls.
Especially if there is any chance the the values will be used in more than
one place.  I cannot think of a single case in the last 5 years where I have
hard-coded values in a combo or list box.

Dale

"Rod Plastow" <RodPlastow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good suggestion, Dale.  In fact why bother with a table, simply code the
> values directly into a list or combo box?
>
> Rod

0
Reply Dale 11/26/2007 10:48:46 PM
Hi Dale,

I agree in principle but in this case the text strings - "yyyy", "mm", etc.
will not change.  Once coded it is unlikely you need to revisit the control.

Rod
0
Reply Utf 11/27/2007 1:59:01 AM
Rod,

This is just a personal preference thing.  I like to have "all" of my data
in tables.

> Hi Dale,
>
> I agree in principle but in this case the text strings - "yyyy", "mm",
> etc.
> will not change.  Once coded it is unlikely you need to revisit the
> control.
>
> Rod

0
Reply Dale 11/27/2007 2:49:23 AM
Follow
Email

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Show only Latest date in reuslts of a query
Hi I have a parent table holding review dates and a child table with audit trail entries made with dates. I want to extract all documents with a review date within a range (select query doing this) and would also like to see only the latest audit trail entry in the the child table. At the moment my select query shows a document with all audit trail entries. Any suggestions on how I can get only the latest audit trail entry would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Dee Select query left join to --- Group by query with these fields -- Audit_Identifier Max(audit trail entry da...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

Dmin for nearest date
DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] ) A column in my query calculates a due date for each record. The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee. The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text box: =DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate") But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the query, but not for each person... How can I make it reflext each Min date? ??? Try a Totals query and change DueDate from Group By to Min. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little ...

Wrestling with fractions and dates. Knowledge of photography is helpful.
I made a spreadsheet to combine f/stop, shutter speed, and film speed into a single number. This number represents how many stops the exposure was taken from a sunny 16 setting. For example, if I'm using ISO 100 film, a shutter speed of 1/125 sec., and an f/stop of 11, it will calculate to about .8. Ok, now for the fun part. When I enter a shutter speed into a cell, I just input the denominator because all the numbers are just reciprocals of their respective shutter speeds. For example, for 1/125 sec, I enter 125 and let the inner workings take care of it. The problem is when...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

Lookup for oldest date among different dates
Hi all, I badly need your help in the below formula Example: Structure : Account includes Sub-accounts and each sub-account includes dials Formula : Account activation date = Oldest Sub-account activation date where there is more than one account and hence different activation date for each account and in turn the sub-accounts that belong to each account Below the example A B C D Account # Sub-Account # Account Sub-account activation activation ...