rotate a label?

Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,
open report in design view and for desired label set it vertical property to
Yes

--
Best regards,
___________

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
> I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
> on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.

0
Alex
3/2/2010 2:55:48 PM
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 01:27:01 -0800, Eric
<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Check this out:
http://www.lebans.com/xrotatetext.htm

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
>I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
>on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.
0
Tom

rotation
Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message new...

How do I create a Avery return Label
I have a problem trying to find a template for the avery 8167 return label in Publisher 2003. Your label is listed in the page setup. Are you using a merge? Is every label going to be the same? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "scottyc" <scottyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4729E4DF-BB09-47F8-9F03-1C1FC10AA120@microsoft.com... >I have a problem trying to find a template for the avery 8167 return label in > Publisher 2003. ...

Mailing Labels with spouse or partners
How do I set up mailing labels in Access 2007 so that my spouse/partner fields: FirstName, LastName, FirstName2, and LastName2 will print out as: John Smith, John and Mary Smith, or John Smith and Mary Jones. (same street/PO Box address)? The wizard doesn't seem to consider this an option, and I don't know the syntax or programming code to accomplish this in design view. On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:41:00 -0800, Judy <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set up mailing labels in Access 2007 so that my spouse/partner >fields: FirstName, LastName, FirstNam...

Changing the font for part of an axis label, not the whole label.
Hello, I have axis labels that need to be partly in italics, and partly not in italics. My question is similar to one posted three years ago that if it was resolved, the solution didn't appear online. (See below, and responses in the database from James Silverton and Andy Pope). I am using Excel 2007. The usual ways to adjust font change the font of the whole axis label. I need to change only part of each label on the axis. How can I do this? Thank you. Amy Subject: Re: symbol font in chart doesn't appear 6/19/2006 6:00 AM PST By: Khoshravan In: mi...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>, "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

Printing labels #2
I have created a holiday gift label in Publisher. I do not however need to print a full page for each relative. Can anyone help direct how to print a specific number of labels as opposed to a full page. What version of Publisher are you using??? -- This is the ugly way of doing it. I use Publisher 2000. I take a piece of 8�"x11" (in A4 country, use A4) and some Scotch Temp tape and cover the labels I don't need. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Ed Heff" <edaheff@comcast.net> wrote i...

Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2003 / 2000
On Sep 8 2004, 12:04 pm, "pete johnson" <petejohnson...@att.net> wrote: > Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -231801 > kb atricle #231801deals with skipping used labels which would normally be > wasted if you print on part of a sheet of labels. it claims that it is foraccess2000. i just used it onaccess97 and it worked perfectly, the first > time, every time. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231801 #231801 is a very useful article.. But, it can be made even better by making it even more generic... Replace STEP 2 Statement, From This: =LabelLayout(...

questions about formating to labels
how do i transfer contact info in my excel file to labels, to print? exodus It could be done in Excel only, but........ Investigate the use of Word's mailmerge feature to get Excel data to labels and envelopes. Doing it strictly in Excel is difficult and involves much trial and error formatting. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:25:48 -0800, "exodus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Text Rotation
Hi, In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape Outline/Fill and will be able to rot...

Appearance two labels on category axis
I have three columns of data. The data in column A is manager's names column B is areas of business, column C is the data. There are roughl ten managers and three areas of business. The managers can have one t all three areas of business. A partial mock-up of the table is a follows: Joe IT 19872 Joe Sales 98700 Joe Admin 32498 Bill IT 323 Bill Admin 3242 Sam IT 3241 Pat Sales 23413 Pat Admin 43214 I want a bar chart that will use columns A and B as the category (Y axis and column C as the value (X) ...

Controlling paper size when printing on label by function call
(due to problems with my newsreader, repost here) Hello newsgroup, I'm finally done with my folder-archiving tool, still there are some flaws. To label the folders, I use a Dymo LabelWriter 400 printer which works great for my purposes. I've created a report to print the labels. When I print (page 1 to 1 as I don't want to print all the records stored in the database) the report out of the report preview, it prints my label just the way I wanted to have it. When I use a function to print the report (DoCmd.OpenReport report,acViewNormal,,WHERE id = id,,) it suddenly prints the la...

Chart Labels #3
I am using a stacked chart format and would like to know how to label each column with a grand total data label. Thank you! Put the totals in some column. Download XY Chartlabeler from www.appspro.com. Use it to label the last (topmost) series with the totals column. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <F030607E-9AB7-4934-9419-0E3013687918@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am using a stacked chart format and would like t...

how to print label on the very end of excel sheet
Hi, number of rows in my excel sheet varies. How can I solve following: I want label to be printed in the very end of sheet when printed (after the last row) Thanx alekm Kind of a "rows to repeat at bottom"??? Excel doesn't support this. Can you use the Footer? File|page setup|header/footer tab alekm wrote: > > Hi, > number of rows in my excel sheet varies. > How can I solve following: > I want label to be printed in the very end of sheet when printed (after the > last row) > > Thanx > alekm -- Dave Peterson Can I make specific footer that...

rotating grid
Is it possible to rotate the grid by 30 degrees? ...

Round labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How can I round text so it follows the curve in a round label? Mmmm.... Not easy. See if you can achieve what you want with Insert>Word Art... That offers very limited abilities to transform text. Otherwise you need a real vector graphics application, such as OmniGraffle or Illustrator. Vector graphics applications can be complex, difficult to learn, and expensive, so Google around and get the simplest one you find that will do the job. http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/graphics/illustration Hope this hel...

rotate a sheet on its axis
255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns. Thank You On Jan 15, 12:30=A0pm, sramsey <sram...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 255 columns is not enough for me. =A0I'm wondering if there is a way to r= otate > my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns. > > Thank You Copy all your data then Paste Special (with the option transpose checked). It will do exactly what you need. Copy, then right-click, paste special, t...

one line of a label
I have created a label that repeats 14 times on one A4 sheet with 5 lines of info but i want one line to be different on each label how canI do this easily any info would be great Create a data base with this particular line. Fill in the label with the four repeating lines add the fifth line as a mail merge object. Help here: Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA61D003-1661-48F9-BB6E-9A9A7B662...

screen rotation
My grandson was rotating the screen on my laptop as a joke. Now every time I restart or awaken the computer the screen is rotated and proceeds to automatically correct itself. It did not do this originally. I tried removing the battery to clear the memory but this didn't work. Any suggestions? -- gerush ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gerush's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166329.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1285079.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hi Gerush, If it's I...

Set labels on existing items?
I posted this in the "calendaring" newsgroup, but it does not appear that anyone really reads that newsgroup. Most of the responses from today are still unanswered. So I am reposting it here. I just upgraded to 2003. I want to go back and find all my "birthdays" and set the label for those items. Is there a way to do that using a macro, or using Access automation? I have a bunch of birthdays that could be chnaged. I also have historical vacation items, and holidays that I'd like to apply the label to. They have an appropriate category, so it would be easy to fin...

Quick and easy labeling
So if I put 1 2 3 4 5, or 2 4 6 8 acending in a row of cells, then highlight them, I can pull the row out and extend the pattern out automatically without typing the numbers. My question is: Can I preform the same action on date labels in this format: 2002/03 2003/04 2004/05 2005/06 and so on... using the same type of click and drag extension and if so, how? If not, is there a formula I can use that will add one, only to the appropriate numerals, ie. 2004/05, only the 4 and 5... and so on? Thanks The n00bish -- mmednick -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Adding image to label
I am formatting a label in Word 2007 and it won't let me click back to 'insert' tab (as indicated in Help) to allow insertion of logo. Also cannot open 'home' to allow formatting but can do it by selecting label text and right-clicking. Thank you for any help you can give. See where what you are doing differs from http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

window rotation
Hi all, I am trying to do a floor plan and I have an issue with windows and doors. I have two walls which have a window in between. I put the window in and it auto rotates 90 degrees for some reason. Even if I: pull the walls away from the plan, place the window between them, group the three items, protect it from rotation and x, y changes, set it's placement to not auto place, turn off glue for everything except connectors, move the connector to the left (or right) The result is the same: The Window object will seem to ungroup itself and rotate as soon as the whole group goes near the...

Avery label 8985?
Does anyone know of a substute for Avery label 8985? Thanks! 8257 Louise wrote: > Does anyone know of a substute for Avery label 8985? Thanks! ...

align labels on X axis #2
I already have a line chart and I already had the "Y axis crosses between categories" box checked. When I uncheck it, the labels move only about 1 digit to the left. The labels are years, i.e. 2005, 2006, 2007, etc. So clicking the box only shifts the labels by about one digit (one of the zeros in these labels). Might it have something to do with the format of the label source, that is, if it is formated as a number vs a date? So, the question is, why does it only shift by one digit to the right when I check the "Y axis crosses between categories" box instead of centering...

XY Labeler and Excel 2007
I'm hooked on the XY labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm, and have recently upgraded to 2007... BUT now I can't figure out how to get to the add-in. I've loaded it (under the microsoft office button) but don't see it in the ribbon under add-ins or in any of the chart options... What am I missing?! Hi, Did you download the latest version. It works fine on my machine, its on the Add-ins ribbon. Is it showing in the Add-in area under Active Application Add-ins in the Excel Options dialog box? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Megan" wr...