rotate a label?

Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.

open report in design view and for desired label set it vertical property to

Best regards,
Alex Dybenko (MVP)

"Eric" <> wrote in message
> Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
> I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
> on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.

3/2/2010 2:55:48 PM
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 01:27:01 -0800, Eric
<> wrote:

Check this out:

Microsoft Access MVP

>Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ?
>I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels
>on the report. Thanks for any suggestions.

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: T...

I've inserted several images to a excel spreadsheet, some are portrait and others are landscape. Each image is labeled, with a description of the image. Now, the trouble I'm running into is that when I try to label a landscape image, I'm trying to rotate the text within reference of the image, but the text reverts back to a different orientation. Any suggestion, would be greatly appreciated. -omar Are you putting the text in a cell or in a text box? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP remove caps from email <oibobadilla@gmai...

Gantt chart labels missing
Please forgive me, I hardly ever use excel charts. I wanted to make a gantt chart with time, so I download the gantt template on Then I used this article to change it to hours, and amazingly for a Microsoft article it was really helpful However I now have a lovely Gantt chart in hours, but every other title on the left (the tasks) is missing. I have tried making the font smaller and the chart bigger but that has not helped. I have searched in google groups, but not seen anything similar. I would be ...

Print ONE page with TWO labels
I have a .pub document to print CD labels. There are two labels on the form, and I have all of the print settings correct to print multiple copies on one page. BUT - If I print copies="1" on the Print... menu, it only prints one LABEL on the top half of the page, leaving the second label blank. If I print copies="2" on the Print... menu, it prints two PAGES of labels, giving me four LABELS. SO - How do I tell publisher that I want ONE page, with TWO copies of the label? (It works fine if I want 5, 10, 20 pages of labels, so the multi-print is OK) Is this form on a ...

CRM 4.0 Translation from Form-Field-Labels
I tried to translate form-field-labels from English to dutch by exporting translations and adding translations. But the labels do not get translated. CRM displays in dutch always the English display-labels from the attributes. I read that this could be a bug. Is there already a hotfix for this problem? ...

sequential numbering of labels
I made labels that I want to use for Raffle tickets. They are two piece tickets one horizontal and one vertical. I am trying to number each piece (2) of them from 1-500. Is there a way to do this? Thank You for your help Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "jodar" <> wrote in message >I made labels that I want to use for Raff...

Userform label
How is a userform label caption programmed to read "Blah blah blah" & some variable (or cell value)? XL97. TIA In the Userform code module: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Label1.Caption = "Blah blah blah " & _ Sheets(1).Range("A1").Text End Sub -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Need help" <> wrote in message news:018101c35cfe$87df1ae0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How is a userform label caption programmed to read "Blah > blah blah" & some variable (or ce...

Jar labels
Can anyone help with an equivilent label to the Avery 5163 required in publisher to print jar labels. It seems that the label 5163 does not exist. The nearest I can find is L7173X but that doesn't work as the page size cannot be altered and the labels are too large. Thanks in anticipation, Geoff Lear. I'm using Pub 2003 and I see a label template for 5163. I've also found it in Pub 2000 and 2002. Which version are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Geoff Lear" <> wrote in message news:51ca01c4912f...

Labeling 1st through 11th place
I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... How would I go about doing that? I can get it to find the largest or smallest number in the set but no the other ones. I want it to update as the numbers change as they will each week. Help..... Thank you in advance, Paul =LARGE(A1:A100,1) =LARGE(A1:A100,2) etc. will get them all or a copy-able formula =LARGE(A1:A1,ROW(A1)) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "psilzle" <> wrote in message...

Rotate Spreadsheet
Hello, Is there a way to rotate an entire range of cells in a spreadsheet from portrait to landscape. I do not mean rotating for printing purposes but to rotate the actual spreadsheet. I have a intensive (full of values across a large range of cells)spreadsheet that was created incorrectly and now has to be rotated for insertion into a word doc. The spreadsheet can be redone manually but I was hoping for a easier way. Maybe with super-macro? Thanks in advance, David How many rows do you have? If you've got more than 256, what your asking can't be done on one spreadsheet. Oth...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data
Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't find an easy way to do this. did you try this righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis> choose <scale> UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed be...

How do I rotate a surfae plot?
In Excel 2000, you can click on an end point of a surface plot and rotate it to see the graph from all angles; however in Office 2007 I can only do this by right clicking on an end point, choosing 3-D rotation, and then changing the graph properties. I'd like to be able to do it manually how it was done in the 2000 version. Is this possible? Hi, This feature has been removed in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel "SLB" <> wrote in ...

OT- label making
Hi. Sorry to post this OT question here but wasn't sure where to go. I have a db in Access 97 and need to make a sheet of labels. Are there templates for Access for label making or should I use Excel or Word? Thanks! -- Hugs, Erika Considering this is a Publisher newsgroup, I'll recommend Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Erika" <> wrote in message news:O4uvX0oQEHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi. Sorry to post this OT question here but wasn't sure where to go. > > I have a db in Access 97 and need to mak...

Rotation tracker with gripper
I am using MFC’s CRectTracker class for displaying a tracker around an object. Moving and scaling are already provided by CRectTracker. Some methods are over-ridden to handle rotation. The object bounded by the tracker is rotated but the tracker is not rotated, as rectangle is drawn from top left to bottom right and there is no concept of angle in it. So I would like to know, if there is an alternative approach or any additional task I should do to accomplish rotation very much like the one in MS Word. Sorry, I forgot to tell which version of Visual Studio I am using. It's Visual...

Can't create address labels with an image / graphic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am using MS Word for MAC - version 2008 and can't for the life of me create a page of labels with a graphic. <br><br>The old 2004 version worked beautifully. I could pull up a blank template (ex. 5160), group the graphic and text box in one cell, then select &quot;Tools -> Labels&quot; and that would create an entire page of that design. I got the 08 version, and now I can't do a thing. That process just gets me another blank template. <br><br>Not sure how many people...

Print adress labels
Is there a way to generate address labels for specfic items that have been sold. We have a few items that we sell, we have to send documentation to the customer weeks after the sale. Is this possible? Thank-you in advance! Retail Realm Store Utilities has this feature. Visit for further info. You can designate certain items to automatically print a label. "akpetshop" wrote: > Is there a way to generate address labels for specfic items that have been > sold. We have a few items that we sell, we have to send documentation to the > customer weeks af...

Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software "mireillea" <> wrote in message new...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

Spreadsheet Labels
I was wondering if there is a way to change the text to different colors or the whole tab at the bottom of individual spreadsheets in a workbook. I have a workbook file which contains over 20+ individual spreadsheets. The ability to have things color coded in some format would be a great help. Any ideas???? Thanks... Hi Rita depends on your Excel version. Which one are you using? I think this feature was introduced with Excel 2002: you simply right-click on the tab name and change the color of the tab. Prior to this unfortunately no chance to change the tab color -- Regards Frank Kabel...

Why is some clip art labeled 'dgxlasset' and will not paste into .
I am having trouble using clip art with Publisher on an XP system. The clips are not shown in preview, just as an icon labeled "dgxlasset." I have tried to follow the instructions to download the correct converters but to no avail. Many times also I have tried to copy/paste clip art and it says that the clipboard is busy. Very confusing and not at all user-friendly! Your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "GrannyLib" <GrannyLib@discuss...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <>, "MickG" <> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

How to rezize data label box in pie charts (label wraps to two lin
When creating a pie chart in Excel then pasting into Powerpoint, I have trouble getting the data lablels to look ok. Often times the font is so small it can't be read. When you increase the font size, often a the label such as "October Sales" would be pushed to 2 lines with "October Sa" on the first line. When you select the label, a box appears around the words, but it can not be resized, to get the label back to one line. My work around has been to delete all the label info and leader lines and then to retype the info using drawing/text boxes. Problem...

Labeling dates
I am looking to have Excel recognize that a date is between a certain period and put a month label in the next cell. Basically, it would see in A1 that the date is between January 1 and January 31 and would put the label "January" in B1. Is there any way to do this so that it would recognize all of the months? Also, can I make it recognize that the month is January (or whatever) regardless of the year following the month and day? Thanks for any tips. =text(a1,"MMMM") May work ok. kim wrote: > > I am looking to have Excel recognize that a date is between a ce...