Photo Directory Template

  • Follow

I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church, but
I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make the
form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!
0
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 7:10:09 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I will create the database for you for a small fee. You can have your
database up and running quickly. I provide help with Access, Excel and Word
applications for a very reasonable fee. Contact me.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
> make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
> but
> I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> the
> form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

0
Reply Steve 2/9/2010 8:50:22 PM

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
> make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
> but
> I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> the
> form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!
He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices.

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
needs to constantly grovel for work.

John... Visio MVP

0
Reply John 2/9/2010 9:00:09 PM

"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> Hi Cheryl,
>
> I will create the database for you for a small fee. You can have your
> database up and running quickly. I provide help with Access, Excel and
> Word applications for a very reasonable fee. Contact me.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com

Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!
He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices.

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
needs to constantly grovel for work.

John... Visio MVP

0
Reply John 2/9/2010 9:00:23 PM

Cheryl,

Sorry your initial response was a request for monies.  That is not the
purpose of this newsgroup.

It sounds like you are looking for more of a member database???  Below are a
few FREE templates available from Microsoft that might get you started...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253431033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253451033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300076981033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033

Here's the complete list...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
but
I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make the
form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

0
Reply Gina 2/9/2010 9:21:29 PM

Thank you.  The Contact Management Database is the one that I started with
originally, but it is not working out well for what I am trying to do.  I
probably am just not knowledgeable enough to use this program...was just
hoping there might be a template out there that might be more of what I am
looking for.  Thanks again.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Cheryl,
>
> Sorry your initial response was a request for monies.  That is not the
> purpose of this newsgroup.
>
> It sounds like you are looking for more of a member database???  Below are a
> few FREE templates available from Microsoft that might get you started...
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253431033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253451033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300076981033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> Here's the complete list...
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
> make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
> but
> I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make the
> form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!
>

> .

0
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 10:25:01 PM

Cheryl,

Sorry I couldn't find one closer but perhaps if you tell us where you got
stuck we can get you unstuck.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Cheryl,
>
> Sorry your initial response was a request for monies.  That is not the
> purpose of this newsgroup.
>
> It sounds like you are looking for more of a member database???  Below are
> few FREE templates available from Microsoft that might get you started...
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253431033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253451033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300076981033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
>
> Here's the complete list...
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
> make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
> but
> I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> the
> form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!
>

> .

0
Reply Gina 2/9/2010 11:05:43 PM

Check out Northwind sample database "Employee form"

Richard
0
Reply Utf 2/9/2010 11:36:12 PM

That would be great!  :)

When I insert a field into the report (which is how I plan to print the
directory), how can I tell it to not label the field in the print if there is
no entry in the field?  For instance, if I insert the Wedding Anniversary
field, I would like it only to print "Wedding Anniversary" if there is a date
in that field, otherwise I would like it to just be blank.  Hope this makes
sense!

Thank you for the help!
Cheryl

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Cheryl,
>
> Sorry I couldn't find one closer but perhaps if you tell us where you got
> stuck we can get you unstuck.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you.  The Contact Management Database is the one that I started with
> originally, but it is not working out well for what I am trying to do.  I
> probably am just not knowledgeable enough to use this program...was just
> hoping there might be a template out there that might be more of what I am
> looking for.  Thanks again.
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > Cheryl,
> >
> > Sorry your initial response was a request for monies.  That is not the
> > purpose of this newsgroup.
> >
> > It sounds like you are looking for more of a member database???  Below are
> > few FREE templates available from Microsoft that might get you started...
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253431033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253451033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300076981033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > Here's the complete list...
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying to
> > make a members database that will print a photo directory for our church,
> > but
> > I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> > the
> > form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!
> >

> > .
> >

> .

0
Reply Utf 2/14/2010 11:27:01 PM

Cheryl,

Yes it does and you can't use a label to do that without VBA BUT you can use
a text box.  What is the name of the field that has the Wedding Anniversary
date in in it and I will type instructions for you.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Cheryl,
>
> Sorry I couldn't find one closer but perhaps if you tell us where you got
> stuck we can get you unstuck.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you.  The Contact Management Database is the one that I started with
> originally, but it is not working out well for what I am trying to do.  I
> probably am just not knowledgeable enough to use this program...was just
> hoping there might be a template out there that might be more of what I am
> looking for.  Thanks again.
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > Cheryl,
> >
> > Sorry your initial response was a request for monies.  That is not the
> > purpose of this newsgroup.
> >
> > It sounds like you are looking for more of a member database???  Below
> > are
> > few FREE templates available from Microsoft that might get you
> > started...
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253431033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253451033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300076981033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101428241033
> >
> > Here's the complete list...
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying
> > make a members database that will print a photo directory for our
> > church,
> > but
> > I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> > the
> > form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank
> > you!
> >

> > .
> >

> .

0
Reply Gina 2/14/2010 11:50:14 PM

In the Field List it is called Wedding Anniversary.  When looking at the
properties of the label it says Label9.

Thank you so much!

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Here's the complete list...
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > > Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying
> > > make a members database that will print a photo directory for our
> > > church,
> > > but
> > > I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to make
> > > the
> > > form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank

0
Reply Utf 2/15/2010 1:11:01 AM

Cheryl,

Try this...

1. Delete Label9
2. Put a Text Box in it's place
3. In the Control Source of the Text Box place...

    =IIf(IsNull([Wedding Anniversary]),"","Wedding Anniversary")

4. Set the Text for Enabled = No, Locked = Yes and Tab Stop = No

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> [...]
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101428241033.aspx
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > > Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am looking for an Access 2007 Photo Directory template.  I am trying
> > > make a members database that will print a photo directory for our
> > > church,
> > > but
> > > I am having a hard time because I don't know Access well enough to
> > > make
> > > the
> > > form and report work right together.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank

0
Reply Gina 2/15/2010 1:31:48 PM

Exactly what I needed!  Thank you so much, it is perfect now!  :)

0
Reply Utf 2/15/2010 10:07:01 PM

Cheryl,

You're welcome!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Sorry I couldn't find one closer but perhaps if you tell us where you
> > > got
> > > stuck we can get you unstuck.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > > Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you.  The Contact Management Database is the one that I started
> > > with
> > > originally, but it is not working out well for what I am trying to do.
> > > probably am just not knowledgeable enough to use this program...was
> > > just
> > > hoping there might be a template out there that might be more of what

0
Reply Gina 2/21/2010 3:28:46 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I would be interested if you could post the template that you made. I am
making something similar.

Also, there's another problem that I ran into: Can I add additional lines
for children only if there are children?

Thanks in advance.
0
Reply Utf 3/6/2010 3:11:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.218 seconds)