open form/subform at specific record

I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as
another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form
(Customer data).  What I want to do is double click on the field (work order
#) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that
specific record.

I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field
match.  That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order
detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer
not the specific on i clicked on. Any idea what i'm doing wrong.

This is the condition i'm using in the macro.

[Work Order Number]=[Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]

Instead of condition try adding the following actions --
GoToControl --- [Work Order Number]
FindRecord ---- [Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]

--
Build a little, test a little.

"john" wrote:

> I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as
> another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form
> (Customer data).  What I want to do is double click on the field (work order
> #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that
> specific record.
>
> I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field
> match.  That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order
> detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer
> not the specific on i clicked on. Any idea what i'm doing wrong.
>
> This is the condition i'm using in the macro.
>
> [Work Order Number]=[Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
> Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]
I tried this but the field i'm looking to match and open to is in the
subform.  When I try this i get an error stating there is no field call Work
Order Number.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Instead of condition try adding the following actions --
> GoToControl --- [Work Order Number]
> FindRecord ---- [Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
> Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "john" wrote:
>
> > I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as
> > another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form
> > (Customer data).  What I want to do is double click on the field (work order
> > #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that
> > specific record.
> >
> > I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field
> > match.  That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order
> > detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer
> > not the specific on i clicked on. Any idea what i'm doing wrong.
> >
> > This is the condition i'm using in the macro.
> >
> > [Work Order Number]=[Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
> > Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]
Try telling it to go to subform the same way you reference the subform --

"john" wrote:

> I tried this but the field i'm looking to match and open to is in the
> subform.  When I try this i get an error stating there is no field call Work
> Order Number.
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Instead of condition try adding the following actions --
> > GoToControl --- [Work Order Number]
> > FindRecord ---- [Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
> > Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]
> >
> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "john" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as
> > > another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form
> > > (Customer data).  What I want to do is double click on the field (work order
> > > #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that
> > > specific record.
> > >
> > > I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field
> > > match.  That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order
> > > detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer
> > > not the specific on i clicked on. Any idea what i'm doing wrong.
> > >
> > > This is the condition i'm using in the macro.
> > >
> > > [Work Order Number]=[Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
> > > Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]
I can't say how, or if, this could be done in a macro, but the following is
adapted from some code of my own which does a similar thing.  You'd enter the
code as the DblClick event procedure of the control in your repair status
form:

    Dim rst As Object
    Dim frm As Form
    Dim fsub As Form
    Dim lngWorkOrderNumber As Long
    Dim lngCustomerID As Long

    lngWorkOrderNumber = Me.[Work Order Number]
    lngCustomerID = Me.[CustomerID]

    ' open form at current work order's customer
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Customer Data", _
        WhereCondition:="[CustomerID] = " & lngCustomerID

    Set frm = Forms("Customer Data")
    Set fsub = frm.Controls("Work Order Detail").Form
    Set rst = fsub.Recordset.Clone

    ' move to current work order in subform
    With rst
        .findFirst "[Work Order Number] = " & lngWorkOrderNumber
        If Not .NoMatch Then
           fsub.Bookmark = .Bookmark
        End If
     End With

I've had to make a few assumptions:

1.  That the recordset underlying the form in whose module the code is
running includes a field CustomerID of number data type, i.e. it’s a foreign
key in the orders table which references the primary key of the customer data
table.

2.  The primary key of the customer data table is also a number data type and
called CustomerID.

3.  That the subform control on the customer data form, i.e. the control
which houses the subform, is named Work Order Detail.

4.  That the Work Order Number field is a number data type.

If the code is in the module of a subform in the orders form, and the
CustomerID field is in the recordset of its parent form you'd need to amend
the code so it gets the value from the parent form like so:

    lngCustomerID = Me.Parent.[CustomerID]

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

john wrote:
>I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as
>another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form
>(Customer data).  What I want to do is double click on the field (work order
>#) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that
>specific record.
>
>I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field
>match.  That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order
>detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer
>not the specific on i clicked on. Any idea what i'm doing wrong.
>
>This is the condition i'm using in the macro.
>
>[Work Order Number]=[Forms]![Frm Work Order Status]![Qry Open Work
>Orders].[Form]![Work Order Number]

KenSheridan

After sharepoint3 import from sp2, DNS records incorret?
Hello We have imported site to Sharepoint 3.0 (SBS2008) from Sharepoint 2. Now there are some strange occasional DNS lookup errors. Some pages fail to open but next time there is no problem opening the same page. DNS is running on the same local server where Sharepoint. Both have the same IP in fact.. With nslookup from workstation I noticed that "mycompanyweb" is resolved correctly while "http:/mycomanyweb" fails. 1. Might there be some (http:// prefix) missing in DNS server? 2. When there is a subsite "mycompanyweb/mydepartment", do we need ...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Dumb question about tabs or tabs with subforms
First of all, thanks for reading this post. I have one table with lots of fields in it. The field I'm concerned with this post is [shift]. I've created filters which will filter out Day Shift or Night Shift. I've created a tabbed formed with two subforms with the exact same info except they are Tab 1 is Day Shift. Tab 2 is Night Shift and filtered accordingly. So that means twice the programming. For example if I have to change one item in tab 1 subform then I'd also have to change it in tab 2 subform. The dumb question is which would be more efficient putting all the...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Restarting Record Count in a Query
Hello, I have a query that returns these results for me: Badge No DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 Smith Mary 11111 Smith Joe 22222 Brown Bill 22222 Brown Mary 22222 Brown Jack I need to count the dependents that are linked to each Badge No so my results look like this Badge No Count DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 1 Smith Mary 11111 2 Smith Joe 22222 1 Brown Bill 22222 2 ...

Problem trying to open old money file

subform datasheet: one field does not show the values
I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any one of you experienced this kind of issue before? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:47:54 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote: >I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ >table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( data...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

recording asset loan extra payments
How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our land payment check is for $1.02 more than it should be.) You create a loan account and setup a loan payment. Then you edit the splits of the loan payment and add a line for an extra Principal Transfer (that's the "category") of the $1.02. "Katy" <db0008@dragonbbs.com> wrote in message news:092701c38f72$1f31ffc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 > when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our > l...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag
I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However, unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the group properties. Please help. Amytdev. I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is the p...