how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40)

how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40)

Can you explain a little more what you are trying to do?

--
Build a little, test a little.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:39:01 -0800, sundy <sundy@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40)

A 'digit' is a single numeric character - 39 is two digits. Do you want six
*digits* or a set of six numbers, as you would get with a Lotto game?

If the latter, you can get all 2763633600 possible combinations by using a
table Num with one number field N, manually filled with values 1 to 40. The
query would be a "Cartesian join" - just add the Num table to the query six
times, selecting N for each; Access will alias the instances to Num, Num_1,
Num_2 and so on. In the criteria for Num_1.N put

> Num.N

In the criteria for Num_2.N put

> Num_1.N

and so on up to Num_6.N; this will prevent duplicates.

DON'T print this query unless you own stock in the company that makes toner
for your printer!

If you want just a (single) random set of six numbers, there are tricks to do
so...
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

If you want to try then this is SQL using table named CallData and field Num
containing number 1 through 40 and no number duplicated in a field of same
recrord --
SELECT CallData.Num AS POS1, CallData_1.Num AS POS2, CallData_2.Num AS POS3,
CallData_3.Num AS POS4, CallData_4.Num AS POS5, CallData_5.Num AS POS6
FROM CallData, CallData AS CallData_1, CallData AS CallData_2, CallData AS
CallData_3, CallData AS CallData_4, CallData AS CallData_5
WHERE (((CallData.Num)<>[CallData_1].[Num] And
(CallData.Num)<>[CallData_2].[Num] And (CallData.Num)<>[CallData_3].[Num] And
(CallData.Num)<>[CallData_4].[Num] And (CallData.Num)<>[CallData_5].[Num])
AND ((CallData_1.Num)<>[CallData].[Num] And
(CallData_1.Num)<>[CallData_2].[Num] And (CallData_1.Num)<>[CallData_3].[Num]
And (CallData_1.Num)<>[CallData_4].[Num] And
(CallData_1.Num)<>[CallData_5].[Num]) AND ((CallData_2.Num)<>[CallData].[Num]
And (CallData_2.Num)<>[CallData_1].[Num] And
(CallData_2.Num)<>[CallData_3].[Num] And (CallData_2.Num)<>[CallData_4].[Num]
And (CallData_2.Num)<>[CallData_5].[Num]) AND
((CallData_3.Num)<>[CallData].[Num] And (CallData_3.Num)<>[CallData_2].[Num]
And (CallData_3.Num)<>[CallData_1].[Num] And
(CallData_3.Num)<>[CallData_4].[Num] And
(CallData_3.Num)<>[CallData_5].[Num]) AND ((CallData_4.Num)<>[CallData].[Num]
And (CallData_4.Num)<>[CallData_2].[Num] And
(CallData_4.Num)<>[CallData_3].[Num] And (CallData_4.Num)<>[CallData_1].[Num]
And (CallData_4.Num)<>[CallData_5].[Num]) AND
((CallData_5.Num)<>[CallData].[Num] And (CallData_5.Num)<>[CallData_2].[Num]
And (CallData_5.Num)<>[CallData_3].[Num] And
(CallData_5.Num)<>[CallData_4].[Num] And
(CallData_5.Num)<>[CallData_1].[Num]));

--
Build a little, test a little.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Can you explain a little more what you are trying to do?
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "sundy" wrote:
>
> > how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

How do I make a column of checkboxes quickly?
I have a list of people my company has already mailed letters to (about 500) .. I have another separate list of people that may or may not have been mailed to from the first list. Is there a way to quickly creat a column of checkboxes and then somehow crossreference these people that have already been mailed to (both list have account numbers) so that we can exclude them from our next mail out? See http://tinyurl.com/bfkdt -- HTH Bob Phillips "Kevin Kimbrell via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:eaaf5760ccae43ac8b829a58e9708b6b@OfficeKB.com....

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Can not Customize Leads View

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

word 2010 crashes when trying to add digital signature to documen
Have not been able to add digital signatures to word 2010 beta documents ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=75799873-9165-496a-84a8-b4dd0603811b&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanage...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Activex #6
hi to all, i'm beginner in vc++,i don't know how to start activex in vc+ +.anyone help me from where i have to start studying. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A To begin with, why do you want ActiveX? Its older technology but it still has its usefulness. You want to make sure you really want it before jumping into it. MFC is older technology for ActiveX and it produces a larger module. ATL has smaller footprint and is the preferred choice. For tutorials, go to MSDN and codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f1bb07cb-4afe-4efb-9...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...