subforms fields populating from a list of values

I have 3 forms 1 main form a 2nd subform1 related to that and a 3rd
subform 1 related to subform 1.

there are 3 tables.
table 1 (main form built on) has a primary field called field 1 that
relates to table 2 (subform 1 built on) called field 2.  Table 2 has a
primary field called field 1 that relates to table 3 field 2.

I would like to know is it possible for a user if they select from a
list of values in field one(table 1) of form 1 to show all data
associated with that in the other 2 subforms? like a query would only
in a form format

Also is it possible to select from a list of values in subform 1(table
2) that will populate the main form 1 and the subform 2?

I use access 2003
Thanks

0
Danny

Dynamic field
I have forms for each product, and each of this form have field txtProduct (with unique product name). Also, in each of this form is same subform. I need to use field Product in ACTIVE FORM like default value in subform. How to detect active form and fileld. If I use expression [Forms]![ActiveFormName]![txtProduct] I need to specify ActiveFormName Thanks! Why do you have a separate form for each product? That doesn't sound particularly efficient to me... From the subform, you can determine the name of the parent form as Me.Parent.Name. To set a default value to a field in the subfo...

All recipients aren't showing up in the To: field
When I receive an email sent to a bunch of people, only my email address shows in the To: field. So it looks like I'm the only one that got the email. I only see that others got the same email when someone else replies. The sender is not using the CC or BCC fields, he is putting all the recipients in the To: field. And he is listing the recipents individually, they are not part of a group. We are using Outlook 2003 and are on Exchange 5.5 - any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! Hi fielix >he is putting all the recipients in the To: field. >any ideas? Maybe he use ...

How to have value scales on x and y axes?
I cannot find how to do a simple graph of y versus x where I can set the scale of both the x axis and the y axis. In my attempts, it appears that only one axis eg the y axis can have actual "values" shown on the axis. Although the data is graphed as the y values versus the x values, the scale cannot be set on the x axis as it is a "category" axis - so that the labels along the x axis are for example "1", "2", "3"....where this means "Point 1", "Point 2", "Point 3".....though the actual values of those poin...

Form multiple subforms?
I have a issue where one table Employee Shift has two depentant tables Downtime and Scrap. I have created a form subform with Employee Shift and Downtime. I also want to include an additional subform of Scrap. Is it possible to include 2 subforms on a single form? If so, does anyone have an example? You can place as many sub-forms as you want. the question is your relation you trying to display For example Employee shift ----> phone numbers ----> DownTime ----> scrap ----> name of children The above has the employee shift...

Subform problem
I have a main form called [frm private all] that contains a command button that opens another (smaller) form called [frm private companies]. The smaller form contains data that is related to the main form (the main form contains data about encounters with clients, the smaller form contains the client info - e.g. address, phone numbers etc.). New clients are added by clicking the button to open the smaller form, adding the new client, then closing the smaller form: the OnClose event of the smaller form is [Forms]![frm private all]![Combo68company].Requery - [Combo68company] contains the client ...

Setfocus in a field on a subform
I thought I had asked this before but can not find my post. when I open a form that contains a subform I want focus to be on a fields on the subform. this is what I have tried: On the open event of the sub me.subName!FieldName.setfocus works if I ONLY open the subform - but does not work if I open the main form on the open even of the Main form me.frmMain!subName!FieldName.setfocus me.subName!FieldName.setfocus me.FieldName.setfocus None of them work What am I doing wrong Thanks dave Dave, you need the correct syntax to refer to the subform Often it...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

Information retrieval based on non-unique fields across separate tables
I am pretty new with Microsoft Access database trying to retrieve information from a very user-unfriendly database build by some genius who never uses the database himself. Most people have trouble retrieving data and just did manual copy and paste from Access to Excel (imagine the pain not mentioning the amount of potential errors). That should give you some idea how unfriendly it is. However, before I start wasting my time doing manual copy and paste, I would like to see if there is another way out (which I believe there always should be). The situation should not be difficult but I l...

Subform Deleting Problem
I've got a continuos sub form with a recordsource that's listed below. The subform dispays accounts and their passwords, etc. My problem is because I'm using a sql join statement, I can't delete any subform records from the subform. Normally, I would not use a join statement in a subform, but I was forced to do it in order to sort by the user's First and Last name that resides in a related users table (The accounts table has a userID field that links to users table). Given that situation, is there any way to delete records from a continuos subform if the subform has...

Updating current value
when using an asset account in Money 2006 I can update the current value of my house. This posts a record for the increase which must be categorized or it shows in reports as unknown. Trouble is, it is not income and a loss would not be an expense. so what category should I use for this type of transaction so it is reflected in my net worth reports but not as a monthly income or expense. -- Thanks from Canada It may not be taxable income, but if it isn't income, what is it? We only have three other choices in this kind of accounting: Expense, Asset, Liability. "Gerald from ...

max value in range
Hi, is there a way to calculate max value within one company and repeat it in every row of that company? In other words I have this: Company number, Var1 12, 6 12, 4 12, -3 34, 2 34, 4 56, -5 78, -4 78, -12 and would like to get this: Company number,Var1, Var2 12, 6, 6 12, 4, 6 12, -3, 6 34, 2, 4 34, 4, 4 56, -5, -5 78, -4, -4 78, -12, -4 thanks Maciek Maciej, Array enter (enter using Ctrl-Shift-Enter) the formula =MAX(IF(A1=$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$100)) with company numbers in A1:A100, and values in B1:B100. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Maciej Grzywna" <relever@wp.pl>...

New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To: field
I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this. Anyone know? It should open in the to field fn new mail, in the body for replies.. Try Help, Office Diagnostics -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

margin field in price A, B, & C
I would like to be able to set the fields in Price A, B, & C to automatically default to a certin amount off retail or above cost, etc. Also there should be a field showing what the margin is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

GL Memo Field
Is there any method to increase the size of the note/memo field for a GL entry? Maybe a method to add another user defined field for each record? Thanks! You can use Extender. You can use VBA with the DUOS, You can use Dexterity. I have a VBA example which increases the length of the GL description at the header level. Please get your partner to email me at the address below (remove the online. first) if you are interested and specify what version you need (v8, v9, v10). David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micros...

subform not refreshing
Hi there, I have a main form with a subform embedded to be able to scroll through a list of records. There is no linking field between the two. The subform displays all the records properly. One of the fields in the subform is a checkbox to 'close' the record indicating that the info is no longer current and shouldn't be displayed. This works fine. I should also mention that the subform is based on a query. I have a button on the main form which opens another modal form based on the same query as the subform that will let me uncheck the checkbox in case the record was 'clo...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...

T-SQL invalid in the select list
Hello: When I run the query below, I get the message message saying “Column 'PHAS2.dbo.POP30300.VENDORID' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause”. Any ideas? childofthe1980s select POP30300.VENDORID As [Vend #], POP30300.VENDNAME As [Vendor Name], POP30310.PONUMBER As [P/O #], POP30310.ITEMDESC As [Description], SUM(POP30300.SUBTOTAL) As [Approved Amount], PM30300.APTODCDT As [Date Paid], PM30300.APPLDAMT As [Full/Partial Amt Paid], 0 As SortOrder from PHAS2.dbo.POP30300 As POP30300 INNER JOIN PHAS2.dbo.PO...

Continuous Forms subform referenced by subform
Hello, I have a form, frmRates with a list box and two subforms, subRatesA and subRatesB. The first subform, subRatesA has a default view property of “Continuous Forms”. It gets its data using a query Record Source that filters based on the list box pick. SELECT tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.hotel_id, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.rate_code, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.hotel_status, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.include_exclude_flag, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.FromDate, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.ToDate, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.Rate, tblAcct5_HotelRatesLookUp.country, tblAcct5_HotelRat...

Subform within a subform
I have a subform (Person) which is nested within another subform (PersonalAssistant). Everything works fine except the foreign key in the PersonalAssistant subform. I have used the Link Child and Master Fields property to establish this link. In this case the primary key for the Person table is PersonID. Its an autonumber field which begins from 4000. When the foreign key is added by access, it takes the last digit or last two digits. So say the PersonID is 4001. What I see in the PersonalAssistant subform and table on the PersonID foreign key field is 1. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:39:00 ...

Selecting a Specific Record Form from a subform
I have a form with a subform that I want to select a field from and have it open another form with the data selected from the sub form. I was able to get the operation to work in the subform using the following: Under Parameters of the first field of the subform -- Open4Edit_StationInfo Open4Edit_StationInfo used the following command: FindRecord Find What: =[Forms]![Station Info Subform]![Call Sign] Match: Whole Field Match Case: No Search: All Search As Formatted: Yes Only Current Field: No Find First: Yes The above works when I run the form "Station Info...

clearing field "Bank Balance"
Is there any way to clear the field "Bank Balance" since I no longer use on line updates, this field has no meaning and is a pain! HELP!!! Thanks In Account List? No. But you can make the column width near zero. "Joe F" <JoeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5C90FEC-3822-4E1E-90D5-93A48C0C7044@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to clear the field "Bank Balance" since I no longer use > on > line updates, this field has no meaning and is a pain! HELP!!! Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Joe F wrote: >Is there ...

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

Sorting records in subform
I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field (SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the subform will not sort!! What is going on?? Please help. Dave B On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:42:01 -0800, Dave <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: >I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field >(SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the >actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the >subform will not sort!! What is going...

Macro help
Hi all I've got this spreadsheet: A B C D E 1 Flight To DepartingBoarding Status 2 NC714 GRANITES 04:00 03:45 Check In 3 NC760 MURRIN MURRIN 15:15 15:00 Boarding 4 NC700 GOLDEN GROVE 16:00 15:45 Delayed 5 NC704 BARIMUNYA 15:00 14:45 Closed Hope that looks ok... Anyway, if the cell selected is on line 3 for example, i want to be able to make a macro that changes the value of E3 to "Delayed" or "Closed" etc etc.... Then when i'm on line 5, do the same thing for cell E5 I recored a macro, but it only ever changed the same cell, that i changed when i r...

Automate creation of excel files based on the field value
How can I automate creating excel files based on the different values in a field ? I have a table where a field has about 100 dfifferent values. I want to create an excel file containing all the records where this field =x, then =y, etc without having to run a query 100 times. Thanks ...