subforms fields populating from a list of values

I have 3 forms 1 main form a 2nd subform1 related to that and a 3rd
subform 1 related to subform 1.

there are 3 tables.
table 1 (main form built on) has a primary field called field 1 that
relates to table 2 (subform 1 built on) called field 2.  Table 2 has a
primary field called field 1 that relates to table 3 field 2.

I would like to know is it possible for a user if they select from a
list of values in field one(table 1) of form 1 to show all data
associated with that in the other 2 subforms? like a query would only
in a form format

Also is it possible to select from a list of values in subform 1(table
2) that will populate the main form 1 and the subform 2?

I use access 2003
Thanks

0
Danny

Change Display Name in From field
Is there a way to change the FROM field display name for e-mails I get? Right now fx1234@aol.com shows up as being from fx1234@aol.com instead of from Bob Jones. Bob Jones is in my address book and contacts, and I've changed the display name to Bob Jones. Also I try to edit the messages as they come in but when I change the display name the change is never saved. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks. I don't think you can change the From field since Outlook is showing what came in the message itself with no regard to your address book, as far as I know. "Kim Webb" <...

Memo Field needs to include field name within field.
I need to add a memo field into a report and I need to have the data preceded by Note:. I used the expression "Note:"&" "&[Note] and now it appears I have a text field not a memo field. What is the best fix for this? Can you not just have a label on the report that says Note:? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "LMW" <LMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06DF0584-90E9-4432-8CFE-F8FBE421AD77@microsoft.com... >I need to add a memo field into a report and I nee...

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

how to create an autocalc field
I want to create something like this... "5/T1ZF/VANCBCZK0MD/VANCBC08DS2" where 5 is incremental T1ZF is derived from another table field VANCBCZK0MD from another table field VANCBC08DS2 from another table field. Is 5 incremental because its an autonumber? Create a txt box, Go to record source and click .. bit next to it, then go to expression. Use the navigation to locate each part and add the calculation between so it will be something like.... [Table1][Number5Field] / [Table2/TIZF Field] / [Table3/VANCBCZK0MD Field] etc Hope this helps a bit emerlita@shaw.ca wrote: >I ...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

Product Price List in CRM
Hi all, I am new to CRM. Can someone point me in the right direction of creating a Product Price List in CRM please. We need this so we cab create quotes in the system. Many thanks. Kind Regards, John MCP. Home->Settings->Product Catalog. Start with discount lists, then unit groups, then price lists, then finally products. It's kind of wierd so good luck. BK "John Mallas" <john.mallas@electronicworkplace.com> wrote in message news:egYcT9JmDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am new to CRM. > > Can someone point me in the right dire...

How to change fonts in drop down list
I created a drop down list in excel but the names appear too small to read on the drop down list and I can't figure out how to change these fonts Why are theydifferent than the actual cell the drop down list is in and How do I change this? If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Dennis wrote: > I created a drop down list in excel but the names appear too small to read on > the drop down list and I can't figure out how to change these fo...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

Report Writer Question
Hello. In GP8 , is it possible to create a calculated field in report writer w/ several levels? Something like this: IF Field A = 1 THEN "Red" ELSE IF Field A = 2 THEN "Blue" ELSE IF Field A = 3 THEN "Green" ELSE "" If I cannot do this, I am thinking I will have to create 3 fields (one for each condition) and stack them one on top of the other on the form and 'hide if empty' .. not very pretty .. Any suggestions? Thank you, Maria. You will have to use multiple fields, but you do not have to stack them one another Calc1...

opening a subform to a specific record?
Hey y'all, I've got a form that lists all the Students in a class and a link to "Edit Student Information" which opens a form to edit individual records. The link uses the same type of code generated by the form wizard and it automatically filters the records to the class. The next thing I want to do is to open the new form to exactly the record that was highlighted in the list. I can capture the list position from the subform (SelTop) and I found a method called "GoToRecord" that works like this to go to the 8th record: DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Studen...

Removing a drop down list from a cell
How do I remove a down list from a cell? Click the Clear All button. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4F7D078-0FC2-4140-8035-A2D43FFCAC27@microsoft.com... > How do I remove a down list from a cell? Click on Data--->Validation Under the Settings Tab--> Field Allow = Any Value. That should solve it >-----Original Message----- >How do I remove a down list from a cell? >. > Sorry Bob, I am new to Excel spreadsheets. Where do I find the Clear all but...

Distribution list 04-28-10
I am using Outlook 07 and I created a new folder in INBOX with several stored incoming email messages. How can i set up a group email reply to all of them at the same time? -- MPA You'd need to add the senders to your Contacts Folder before you can do anything. What you do after that is up to you. You could create a Distribution List from those Contacts, but that's not usually a good option. Most people use either separate Contact subfolders or Categories to group recipients. Read this primer on which you might work best for you: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oloa...

formula finds values in apparently blank cells
Two individuals are completing the same data entry on two separate spreadsheets. The data entry consists of values in two fields. The following formula on each spreadsheet concatenates values in the two fields into a single value in one field: =CONCATENATE(S6, R6) I want to copy the concatenated values from each spreadsheet into a separate spreadsheet. When I paste the values into the new spreadsheet, I paste them as “values”. I then set up a formula that returns “true” if the values in both columns match: =AND(B26=H26) The formula works fine. However, I want to attach ...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Using Form to input multiple field to table at once
In this simplified exampe, I have 2 tables Table#1: Students with field <Name> Table#2: Attendance with fields <Date> , <Name> and <Present/Absent> which is a checkbox to be checked if present. I would like to make a Form which generates a tabular list of all student pulled from the "Students" table so that I can then click the check box next to each students name that is present on a given day. I would also like one input field on the form to input the date only once Then, I would like to be able to click a button to have form update m...

Printing a single record from a tab control subform
Hi I have created a Case Management Database of students. It consists of a main form and a subform. The main form consists of information that must be seen at all times. since it consists of information about each student. The subform consists of a tab control. There is a different subject on each page of the tab contol, e.g. General Information, Current Student Information, etc. I need to print out the mainform and subforms so I created reports for each subform in my tab control. I want to put a "Print" button on each page of my tabcontrol so that when cl...

Checkbox & List Box
Is there any way to set up a worksheet so that if a checkbox is checked, the list box is unlocked and if the check box is not selected, then users cannot touch the list box? I am not really good at VBA but any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, Try this code. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If CheckBox1.Value = True Then ListBox1.Enabled = True Else ListBox1.Enabled = False End If End Sub jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a worksheet so that if a checkbox is checked, the list box is unlocked and if the check box is not selected, then users cann...

Code to duplicate data from one subform to two other subforms
This is my first database so I hope I am able to talk the language well enough to get help. I have a form with three subforms. The 1st subform is titled Service Record subform and has fields for Department, Job Title, Date In, Date Out, and Time Served. The 2nd and 3rd subforms are Department Service and Job Title Service. I would like to be able to enter an employee's information in the 1st subform and have it populate the 2nd and 3rd subforms. I am wanting the Department Name along with time served to populate the 2nd subform and the Job Title Name and time served populate th...

M05 single category list haters: one thing not to try
The obvious registry hack really makes a mess of the categories setup in your file. Don't go there. The reg hack did not cause the problem I saw--that was pure M05 maliciousness... (Moving Food:Groceries to Groceries and Food:Dining Out to Dining Out.) I'll try to go back and play with the reg hack again. I think it does exactly nothing. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23knflAenEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > The obvious registry hack really makes a mess of the categories setup in > your file. Don't ...

Add a list of words in a senders name to rule?
I would like to create a "cleanup" rule to run periodically. I would like to be able to put a list of domain names in a list, then have a rule where if any of those domain names are in the sender name they will be moved into the deleted folder. I get a lot of mail that I don't want to filter, but don' necessarily read everday either, and it mounts up. So, it would be nice if once ever couple of months I could go in,run the cleanup rule and clear the old ones out. -Jim You can do this by creating a rule that looks for "specific words in the sender's address"...

Problem with Filtering Form with Subform in Acces Data Project 200
When I aplly filter (by form) to a form with subform in Acces Data Project 2007, subform loose data; subform does'n show any data; Moveing to next/prev. record in main form doesn't synchronise subform wich is still and always blank; I must close and reopen form to get again subform data... Main form contains about 50000 records and subform contains 30-60 records related to main form selected within 1,500,000 records in table. Moveing to next/prev. record work correctly when filter is not applied. Acces Data Project 2007 use SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 installed on Windows Vista...

Linking subforms on a tabbed page
Hello, I have a database that uses a main form with several tabbed pages. On one tabbed page I have two subforms. The first subform lists all the records in datasheet view. When the user selects a record in the first form it should display the details for that specific record in the second subform. I have created a hidden text field (txtRelay) that references the id field for the selected record in the first subform ([fsubSec_Data].[Form]![txtSecurityID]) and placed it on the tabbed page. I then have tried to link the records on the second form using the Master and Child fields....