Start new line in Memo Field

I have two forms, Form1 and Form2 both forms have memo field. The problem is
one of the form's memo field is fine When I press enter it goes on the second
line.

But on the other form when I press enter it works as Tab and goes to next
field. I want the user to be able to go to second line when needed. I
confirmed the properties of both fields in forms and as well as tables are
identical.

Anyhelp would be appreciated

khashid

In Design View, for your memo field's text box, goto Properties -- Other  and
set Enter Key Behavior to "New Line in Field"

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
5/26/2007 10:41:00 AM
Additionally, you can use Ctrl+Enter keyboard combination to start a new
line.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> In Design View, for your memo field's text box, goto Properties -- Other
> and
> set Enter Key Behavior to "New Line in Field"
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Ken
5/26/2007 6:22:00 PM
Thanks as missing advised, its working fine now

Ken Snell (MVP) wrote:
>Additionally, you can use Ctrl+Enter keyboard combination to start a new
>line.
>
>> In Design View, for your memo field's text box, goto Properties -- Other
>> and
>> set Enter Key Behavior to "New Line in Field"

khashid

Starting up on start-up help!

creating new publication
I can't create a new publication. For example when I try to do a calendar and select calendar from the publication type it acts like it is going to open, but then stops and says that publisher has encounteredf a problem and needs to close. I send error report, but nothing changes. What can I do? -- Debbie What does the error say? Click on details in the error box, is there a module or a number error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft....

My new site is finished, please visit it and have some fun!!
Hi all, I've just finished my new web site!! And want to invite you all to visit it and see what you think. Also to ask that you pass it on to as many people as you can if you would, and be sure to take a few minutes and click on some of the banners there. It does help me. If this one works ok, i'm going to try and make one for our Genealogy friends. I've gotten some reviews to!! And they're from people I don't know...haha I'll list a couple of them below the link. Hope you all are doing well!! Becky http://beckybrigg.googlepages.com/yourlinkstowebincome Here are s...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

How to add new items in Picklist
Hi, We have one customize field in CRM that type is picklist. We want to add some more items in this picklist. Could you guys, please let me guide how could I add more items in specific picklist. In CRM, I haven't found any front-end screen for this purpose. Please help Regards In CRM go to Settings > Customization > Customize Entities. Double-click on the entity where the picklist is contained. When the entity opens, click "Attributes" on the left side and locate the picklist item in the list of attributes. Double-click it to open it. On the right hand side of the...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

toolbar line see what you have typed
How do I put the line in the toolbar that will show what I've typed so I can make corrections without having to retype the entire row? Click on View on the worksheet menu bar. then make sure Formula bar is checked Then you can position the I-bar cursor where you want. Tinkerbell wrote: > > How do I put the line in the toolbar that will show what I've typed so I can > make corrections without having to retype the entire row? -- Dave Peterson So the poster may have been missing the formula bar. <grin> Use of F2 will help with entry so that you don't have t...

Automatic Month Field
Though I am fairly new at this I have been trying to figure as much as I can on my own. However, I need help on creating a field on a form that would automatically state the current month whenever a user opens the form. This date would then be posted to a table. The posting part I understand the date part I can not figure out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joel Hello Joel, This is just a quick procedure I wrote up, but it could be turned into a function if you use it a lot. On the form, place a textbox named [txtMonth] In the Open, Load, or Current event of the form paste th...

How do I get rid of "new group" in my Contact list
I was learning how to create groups and accidentally hit "new group" 3 times. How can I get rid of these from my contact list? What do you mean by contact list? We have no idea to what view or version you're referring. We have no idea what you did. There is no option for a "new group" in a Contacts Folder. Are you talking about the Navigation Pane? Address Book view? Something else? -- Russ Valentine "KrisB" <KrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD1DEA7C-5F54-4701-8E89-3E23874C48FA@microsoft.com... >I was learning ho...

Word 2003
Hello! I am working on a Word 2003 template with the following: - the page header includes the following fields: { IF {NUMPAGES \* MERGEFORMAT } = 1 “” { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } \* MERGEFORMAT } - the body has a FORMTEXT form field plus a table of FORMTEXT form fields - the footer has {FILENAME} and {SAVEDATE} - the body has no specific sections defined I worked on similar templates about 10 yrs. ago and got around the field and form field refresh/update problems by flipping to a print preview then back to force both the page and file info fields to refresh. That was a very ta...

Changing or removing '($)' text which is appended to currency field labels.
Hi all Does anyone know of a way of achieving either of the following: 1. Change the ($) text which is automatically appended to currency field labels to ($000) ONLY for specific money fields (not all). I know the global setting can be changed under System Settings, but this is not appropriate. 2. Prevent the ($) text from being appended altogether to currency field labels. Unfortunately, setting the currency symbol to an empty string under System Settings still results in () being appended to the money field labels. Thanks Andrew ...

#ERROR message for custom field function
I hope someone can help me understand this bizarre problem with a project plan that I've been using and evolving for the past 1 1/2 years to track a number of projects on a very high level (Project Portfolio Reporting): All of a sudden my custom field functions no longer work - even a simple Today = Now() function. It results in "#ERROR" being displayed. I checked to make sure that I did not remove any necessary custom fields, tables, etc. that are used by other calculations. (All looks good) I confirmed that I have the auto-calculate value set under Tools ->...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

How to remove a field value using Bulk Edit
Does anyone know how to remove a field value using Bulk Edit? The goal is to make the field blank for all selected records. ...

And how to Increment Date in each new subForm ?
Woops! Forgot to include in the... How to add subForm copies Post... Each time we copy & past the subForm we want to increment the "Delivery Date" by 7 days. So we have to be able to reference the last subForm item "delivery Date" field and add 7 days to it each time we "paste" a new copy of the subForm. It would certainly be helpful if anyone could share a code snippit that may get me started on this. Some orders are entered for 52 weeks. If we can't auto-increment the delivery date someone will have to sit and type in the delivery date on all 52 copi...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Refresh fields with dlookup
I have a form that has two drop down fields. The user selects a pay group and a pay year. Based on those two fields there are two unbound fields that calculate the biweekly and annual pay through dlookup: BW_Rate: DLookUp("[hourly_amount]","tbl_group","[group]=" & [Group] And " [step]=" & [year] And "[year]= " & Year([last_review_date]))*84 AnnualDollars: (DLookUp("[hourly_amount]","tbl_group","[group]=" & [Group] And "[step]=" & [year] And "[year]= " & Year([last_rev...

Primary Attribute of a New Entity
I'm having some difficulties wrapping my head around the required primary attribute of a new entity. I am trying to create a software module entity that has a parental relationship with an account, and can do a lookup into the products table. In the simpliest sense, those are the only two fields that I need. However, the system is forcing me to create, use and enter a third piece of data which is the primary attribute of the entity. Is there some way that I can suppress or at least hide this additional field? Is there a purpose for this field that I am not seeing? Thoughts appre...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Subject Line Does Not Appear
All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the destination address, and, of course, the body of the message. I cannot find a setting for this anywhere in options. TIA for your help. Ken WB6QWF When in a new mail item go to the View menu & select Message Header. "Ken Gunton" <kgunton@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:2md4p1hrclgumaacnmg8gcdb4cuqgb9l0a@4ax.com... > All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is > no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the > destination address, and...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...