Macro to get External Data

I am not very familiar with creating macros with access.  I have made
some macros in excel but mostly but recording them and changing the
code as I needed.  I would like to write a macro in access that allows
the user to get external data and bring it into a table.  Can anybody
give me some suggestions on where I should start?

0
dswiders

TransferSpreadsheet
TransferText
TransferDatabase

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

<dswiders@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am not very familiar with creating macros with access.  I have made
> some macros in excel but mostly but recording them and changing the
> code as I needed.  I would like to write a macro in access that allows
> the user to get external data and bring it into a table.  Can anybody
> give me some suggestions on where I should start?

-1
Steve

Macro warning with no macros

How To Write the external Iterator?
Hi all: I want to write an iterator class for GHashTable which belongs to GNU glib[ c library ] .Access function of GHashTable now only support internal iterator and define struct _GHashNode { gpointer key; gpointer value; GHashNode *next; }; and struct _GHashTable { gint size; gint nnodes; GHashNode **nodes; GHashFunc hash_func; GEqualFunc key_equal_func; GDestroyNotify key_destroy_func; GDestroyNotify value_destroy_func; }; in ghash.c file .How can I write an external iterator for GHashTable ? Any suggestion will be ...

Get the name of the version
Hi, When I used the Application.version it gave me a number like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name of the the version like Excel 97, Excel 2002... ? Thank you. There is no property that returns the full name of the product, as far as I know. You could make your own little lookup/conversion routine as there are not that many versions. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ben" <barben02@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:263001c41ca8$1d03faa0$3501280a@phx.gbl... | Hi, | | When I used the Application.version it gave me a number | like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name...

Macro

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

How do I get my publisher 2003 documents to print to the edge of .
How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? I want my picture to bleed to the edge and have set all gaps to 0. Yet I still get a big white border around each side of the page as opposed to the graphics printing to the edge. Ple Is your printer capable of doing that? Not all are. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Macey" <Macey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4FA27CF-D2F2-47E7-B35D-D100ABF3B70A@microsoft.com... > How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? > I > want my pi...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

retrieving data from a table on a website
There is a internet page with chemical data : http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twQ35hFIq-y0N84xQ5l0ICQ&output=html It has chemicals in the first column and proerties in adjacent columns. Is there a way to have a userform lookup a chemical in a textbox from the websites 1st column and then populate other textboxes with the adjacent data from the table? Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger On Jan 18, 9:59=A0am, Roger on Excel <RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There is a internet page with chemical data : > > http://spreadsheets.googl...

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

How get rid of reveal codes?
How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do I get rid of them?? Try:- ALT + F9 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Christa" wrote: > How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do > I get rid of them?? Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christa" <Christa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

How to get user SID?
Hello all: I want to get the user SID,and I use API LookupAccountName,but for two parameters PSID Sid and LPDWORD cbSid I don't know how to set,who could help me?or an example to me?Thanks. Take a look at the code example given here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms707085(VS.85).aspx Cheers Check Abdoul "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23QxKbVapKHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to get the user SID,and I use API LookupAccountName,but for > two parameters PSID Sid and LPDWORD...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

how can Excel be used as a tool for interpeting data
I would like to know how the use of Excel as a tool for interpeting data can be used by management in their organization? It really depends on the type of data in the organisation. Is it Financial, Statistical Mathematical Theortical Pictures Personal Data Songs Films Excel can do tables, PivotTables, Summaries, Pie Charts, Graphs, Pictures, and with VBA it can do almost anything. Remember data can be any piece of information, you need to be specific -- _______________________ Naz, London "Lady C" wrote: > I would like to know how the use of Excel as a tool for inte...