How to get the value at the second column of the ComboBox?

I have a ComboBox1 which has two column and the first columns is
bounded. Simply like that:

Supplier-ID   Supplier Name
124556        Microsoft
236541        Apple

"Me.ComboBox1.Value" refers to Supplier-ID because it is bounded
column.
What kind of VBA statement can provide me the value of the second
column which is not bounded (Supplier Name)?
Is It possible?

13
mezzanine1974

Me.ComboBox1.Column(1)

Column is a zero-based property, so the first column is zero, the second
column is one, etc.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a ComboBox1 which has two column and the first columns is
> bounded. Simply like that:
>
> Supplier-ID   Supplier Name
> 124556        Microsoft
> 236541        Apple
>
> "Me.ComboBox1.Value" refers to Supplier-ID because it is bounded
> column.
> What kind of VBA statement can provide me the value of the second
> column which is not bounded (Supplier Name)?
> Is It possible?

18
Ken
9/15/2007 8:37:52 PM
Thank you.. !
it is similar to Me.ComboBox1.ItemData(0). It returns the row values
instead.

1
mezzanine1974
9/16/2007 7:51:42 AM
ItemData returns the value of the Bound Column's data for a given row -- and
yes, it's also zero-based.

--

> Thank you.. !
> it is similar to Me.ComboBox1.ItemData(0). It returns the row values
> instead.

0
Ken
9/16/2007 3:09:07 PM
Also, you can use the Column property to get the value in any column in any
row, regardless of which "row" is currently selected in the combobox.

Me.ComboBox.Column(ColumnNumber_ZeroBased, RowNumber_ZeroBased)

Works for listboxes too.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
> ItemData returns the value of the Bound Column's data for a given row --
> and yes, it's also zero-based.
>
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you.. !
>> it is similar to Me.ComboBox1.ItemData(0). It returns the row values
>> instead.

3
Ken
9/16/2007 5:15:53 PM
i`ll keep in mind. it sounds good.
thanks Ken

0
mezzanine1974

VLookup to Hide Columns
Hi everyone - I'm still trying to figure out how to perform this one. Within my Timesheet tool, I use a VLookup table, on a data entry page, that contains employee names, departments, etc...... Also on the data entry page, are a number of columns (designated with specific housing programs) where the employee enters their daily hours depending on which program they work in. The thing is that certain employees only work in certain programs where it would be easier if the program columns that the employee does not deal with will "hide" once the employee chooses their names from th...

Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?
Hi. I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default. Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically? I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML Excel's files. Thanks in advance, Francesco. ...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

A Crystal Beginner

sort by subtotal values
When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. Thanks so much If you have one level of subtotals, you can collapse the table, so only the subtotals are visible. Then, select a cell in the column that you want to sort, and click the A-Z or Z-A button on the toolbar. harry wrote: > When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by > those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What > do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. -- Debra Dalgleish...

Get paid while you get online!!

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

ComboBox-size
Hello, I want to add a combobox to a dialog and modify the height in the resource-editor of Visual Studio.NET. I have understood that when pushing the arrow I can modify the scroll area height. What I want to change however is the size of the combobox in the unselected state. This is necessary if I use another fontsize than the default one. At the moment whenever changing the font of the combobox the selected item is only partially shown. Anybody got an idea how to modify the height of a combobox in unselected state in the resource editor (or maybe lateron)? By the way, is there a way to...

How do I get??

Comboboxes #2
Hi I have a spreadsheet with numerous comboboxes. I did not use the Form toolbar but ratehr the control toolbar so I hav ActiveX comboboxes, since there are more options with these. When I work in design view I am able to 'tab through' the combo boxe with no difficulty. I want the user to be able to tab through them as well, without havin to click on each individual box, however, it does not work. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sorry nevermind..I can use data validation. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...