checking to see if an mdb file is currently open

Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file (myApp.mde)
is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE if it is?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

0
Paul

I should also have added that I'd also like VBA to make that file,
myApp.mde, the current Window.

> Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file
> (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE
> if it is?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

0
Paul

Database Utility not seeing Identity

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

How can I delete PART of a .wmv file?
I have recorded an interview. Unfortunately, I didn't properly turn the recording off and I captured an additional 3 hours of my daily life that I don't want to archive with this recording. How can I do that? You need an audio editor A nice piece of freeware like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ will do -- http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com "kenyadee" wrote: > I have recorded an interview. Unfortunately, I didn't properly turn the > recording off and I captured an additional 3 hours of my daily life that I > don't want to archive ...

populate Keywords with a batch file?
I'd like to know how to create a batch file that can store a key word (including a trailing comma). I'd open an appropriate word.doc, run the batch file, and that keyword and comma would be inserted in the Keywords panel, either preceding any existing keywords there, or appended to any existing keywords there. So if I had multiple batch files, each embedded with their own unique keyword and comma, I could invoke certain ones as desired, one after another, progressively populating my document's keywords panel with multiple keywords all strung together with comma d...

I cannot open Word files for no apparent reason
I can't open files that I've used frequently, recently...then I can't close the blue window! I have to End Task. Possibly it may be the problem below. However, if this doesn't work, please let us know the version of Word and Windows and are they patched fully up to date? Also, are you able to open Word but not the documents? Details were sadly lacking in your post. That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selecte...

Outlook would not open...
I am running Outlook 2002. As soon as It opens , I get a message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! c:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe When I click OK, outlook shuts down. Thanks ...

How do I create Check list

setting a dedicated place to open an "xls" file
Gentlemen, I do work at the office evey day on spread sheets and save to a disk, which I bring home. Is there any way that I can "lock in" a dedicated point to retrieve my files once I have saved them to "c:\documents & Settings\my documents. When I click "Open and go to "A" drive to get the file from the disk that I took home, my computer "remembers" that this was the last place I opened a file from. And when I am in Excel and want to open a file, the computer looks in "a". Thanks Raymond Tools / Options / General Tab - Default File loc...

Linking Chart items to files
Anyone got a clue on how to link each stacked bar(or similar) to a different file, so when someone views the file, he can click on the bar, to get a relevant document on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever). Any suggestions? You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked. Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document should be launched according to the point which was clicked. Here's an article on chart events: http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical...

ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance
I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView. When i loop to open these files, a new instance is created for each file i open. Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only? Or a registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of this program? My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it can handle many files at once. Thanks! check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to reuse an existing instance. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net ...

File Path on a report
I want to put the path details of the Access file from which a report was run into the footer of a report. Is this possible and if so how? You can just write those in the footer and it should print on each page of the report. Use the Label command to write it in. "John.bb" wrote: > I want to put the path details of the Access file from which a report was run > into the footer of a report. Is this possible and if so how? If your database is not split then just add a control to your report and set its control source to =CurrentDb().Name If you database is split into a f...

Printing Checks

offline files
My laptop is set up to connect with the company lan at work. When I take the laptop home, some of my email files are available and some are not. This is aggravating when I'm at a meeting and expect to find the email with the previous minutes, but can't. What can I do? Check your sync settings while online, and make sure it's set to sync *all* the folders you want - and to do so automatically while online every X minutes, and automatically when you close Outlook. Note - non-default folders will need to be setup for offline use manually, and new subfolders will not inherit thos...

how to write and save ini files like some apps do with their ini's
Im working on app that will keep lists of things in a ini file from edit boxes on a dialogs. I already know about CEdit and WritePrivateProfileStrings things. but I need things to be listed like this. also I will add ability to delete. mIRC does this same way with the servers.ini and alias.ini [thing] n0=here n1=food n2=metal n3=hotdogs n4=metals n5=pencils n6=pens n7=paint for your info. Im using MFC to make my program in Visual C++ 6.0. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Unable to Open Excel #2
I have been experiencing a problem over the past couple of days trying to open Excel. I am using Excel 2000. Every time I try to open the application the following message appears: " Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" When I try to restart the program I still get the same error message. I have also tried to reboot and the same error message occurs. I can see all my excel files when I go into Explorer but I can not open any of the files. Please let me know if anyone has any ...

Can't save file in network or hard disk
Receive new xp last week and running excel 2000. The file has 12 tabs and lots of data linking between tabs. Sporadically, I cannot save the file back on the network, cannot save under another name, and cannot even save on the c:drive. The message is "xxx.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding". The network is not down and I am not disconnected from the network. I do not encounter this problem with the old nt. Other files have less tabs and less c...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Export msg file to disk
I have a requirement to automatically export .msg files from a public folder to disk keeping the format .msg. When I manually copy the files to disk, the file name is the name of the subject with the .msg extension. I need a way to duplicate that automatically on a nightly basis. Any help in scripting, C++, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you ...

page sees session variable as null until refresh
I’m having a problem with a web app that sees a session variable as null until a page reload. These are the steps: 1. Web app loads an array of string data into a session variable 2. Go to another page using response.redirect(“mynextpage.aspx”) 3. Return to current page using window.open(“mypage.aspx”,”_self”) call in javascript file 4. Upon returning, process initially sees session variable as null (this is not good); 5. refresh page using browser green arrows button, process now sees session variable as not null, and contains the array (this is what I need) Other items:...

What ports to open on the firewall
Hi, I am exploring using a terminal server or fat clients and am trying to discover what ports need to be opened on the firewall in order to allow remote users to access the server. If I do not use Terminal Server then what ports will I need to open on the firewall so that the client software can connect to the database server? Also, is it possible to connect the database server and the client over SSL? kwhalley@projects.sdsu.edu ...