auto post data to web form

Hi,

I have a client that frequently copies and pastes a couple dozen fields from
an MS Access form to a government web form (I don't know the URL at this
time so I cannot provide that info here). I created the Access app for him.
The web form is NOT something we have access to other than the fact that
they can log in and fill in the information needed. I did not write the web
app, nor did anyone in my client's office. We have no access to modify the
behavior of the web form. In addition, I am not a web developer.

I'd like to put a button on one of the forms in our MS Access app that would
automatically copy and paste certain fields from the MS Access app into the
already open web form just to save them the trouble of doing the copy/paste
process repeatedly. It seems to me that this should be possible via some
sort of Windows API or something like that. If I view the source of a web
page that has something that I can fill in (the box in the middle of the
page www.google.com for example) it seems that I could identify the text box
in the code so that my Access app could find it and put in the appropriate
value. My user could hit the web form's "submit" button manually.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Keith

0
Keith

The WinHttpRequest object is pretty useful if you want to pretend you are a
web browser.  You need a reference to Microsoft WinHTTP Services.

Unfortunately you will probably need to do a bit of sleuthing in that web
page's source to figure out exactly what to post.

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a client that frequently copies and pastes a couple dozen fields
> from
> an MS Access form to a government web form (I don't know the URL at this
> time so I cannot provide that info here). I created the Access app for
> him.
> The web form is NOT something we have access to other than the fact that
> they can log in and fill in the information needed. I did not write the
> web
> app, nor did anyone in my client's office. We have no access to modify the
> behavior of the web form. In addition, I am not a web developer.
>
> I'd like to put a button on one of the forms in our MS Access app that
> would
> automatically copy and paste certain fields from the MS Access app into
> the
> already open web form just to save them the trouble of doing the
> copy/paste
> process repeatedly. It seems to me that this should be possible via some
> sort of Windows API or something like that. If I view the source of a web
> page that has something that I can fill in (the box in the middle of the
> page www.google.com for example) it seems that I could identify the text
> box
> in the code so that my Access app could find it and put in the appropriate
> value. My user could hit the web form's "submit" button manually.
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Keith

0
Baz

Visaul Web Developer 2010 Express deployment
I downloaded the VWD 2010 Express edition recently, it is free, right? How about the deployment? Install .NET 4.0? We have IIS, then do I need just the corresponding files, eg. .aspx, .html, web.config, .. etc. Any fees I need in order to run my websit/webpages? eg. license for VWD 2010? Localhost Information: Database: MySQL ..NET connector: MySQL.net Language: C# No image files. Anyone have any idea what files from my project need to be deployed to the server? ...

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Access 1.1 Data Base Migration to Access 2002
I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win 95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table. I also have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional. There is no physical connection between the two PCs. I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97 (release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002. I really do not want to retype all that data for this wine cellar inventory! If I could get a copy of the Access 97 upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell. I would then kill the old Access, return the C...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

OWA auto login

Posting Status
The posting status for the document is 508 in sop30200.what does it mean?why the status is 508. still what are the posting status avaliable for the document... Pls help me out.... Raghu I never came across this status before. It is strange. To research more on this, Can You tell the flow of this particular document in GP and currently what it is showing in GP? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 11, 4:05=A0pm, Raghu <bhuvana.anipe...@gmail.com> wrote: > The posting status for the document =A0is 508 in sop30200.what does it > mean?why the status is 508. > still what are the ...

Auto look through subfolders

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Data validation with a cell value linked to the same cell.
I Think that my post name is very confusing but I'll explain. I�m doing a data validation in cell f1 usig the data validation option the value entered in cell f1 need to be equal or greatter than th value in cell b2 and cell b2 is calculated with the formula =a2+c4-f1. What I'm trying to do is to prevent to enter a value in cell f1 tha I'll make cell b2 negative. But its not working, any suggetsions??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Change your CF criterion to Formula is = F1 <= (A2+C4) In article <rodolform.161w07@excelforum-n...

Deleting Data
I could really use some help here. I need to delete data without deleting formulas. I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis. I would like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats. Thanks Joel jnmobley@att.net Joel Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and press the delete button -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in ...

Auto date

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

Auto-Alphabetize

Outlook Data files???
When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no files shown. Shouldn't there be a/some pst files here? It depends on whether you have created .pst files in the default location or some other location. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jackson asked: | When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no fi...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...