Wizard is unable to create form

Hello all, Hope you can help.

I am using Access 2000 SP-3 on an IBM Thinkpad running Windows 2000.
I have created a database (my first) with 27 tables. I have about 150 fields
total among the tables. I'm somewhat familiar with database structure and
design and think it's ok. I've followed all the conventions about naming and
linking with primary and foreign keys, etc. Also, had one of IT folks take a
look and he gave it his blessing.

I'm trying to create a data entry form for this db. I am using the wizard to
create my form (since I can't figure out how to do it in Design View which I
would prefer). Only a few fields actually require text data to be entered,
most are selections from drop down menus or Y/N. I can successfully create
forms for all the tables singly and in various combinations. But when I try
to put too many together (or all of them), I get the error message "The
wizard is unable to create your form".

Unfortunately, I can't tease any more clues out of Access to give me a hint
about why it's failing. I've search the internet but have only found one
reference to excess fields but I'm under that limit.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Please let me know if you need any more
info.

I think that as a general rule, when you get that error message, it is
because you are missing or have an incorrect link somewhere. The form wizard
can't see how this particular data will relate to each other and so it can't
connect. Go to relationships and check. Another possibility is that you need
to build queries with only the necessary data for a particular form, link the
tables in the query, and THEN build the form. Once the query is built
properly the form should be no problem.

"shadden" wrote:

> Hello all, Hope you can help.
>
> I am using Access 2000 SP-3 on an IBM Thinkpad running Windows 2000.
> I have created a database (my first) with 27 tables. I have about 150 fields
> total among the tables. I'm somewhat familiar with database structure and
> design and think it's ok. I've followed all the conventions about naming and
> linking with primary and foreign keys, etc. Also, had one of IT folks take a
> look and he gave it his blessing.
>
> I'm trying to create a data entry form for this db. I am using the wizard to
> create my form (since I can't figure out how to do it in Design View which I
> would prefer). Only a few fields actually require text data to be entered,
> most are selections from drop down menus or Y/N. I can successfully create
> forms for all the tables singly and in various combinations. But when I try
> to put too many together (or all of them), I get the error message "The
> wizard is unable to create your form".
>
> Unfortunately, I can't tease any more clues out of Access to give me a hint
> about why it's failing. I've search the internet but have only found one
> reference to excess fields but I'm under that limit.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful. Please let me know if you need any more
> info.
The limit of fields per form (actually the limit of fields per recordset, 255)
is not the limit for creating a form with the Forms Wizard! I'm not really
sure that there is a cut and dried limit, as such,  for the Wizard; I've
never seen one listed. The Forms Wizard is intended to create ***simple***
forms for the casual user, not something along the lines that you've
described. I'm afraid that you're going to have to take the time to learn to
use the Form Design View in order to do something this in depth.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Unable to open attachment
Hi, have a strange one here. Have a document created in Word 2000 with a name such as oranges.pears.doc (notice the two dots). When an xp pro box sends this document as an attachment using Outlook 2000 - no problems, can open and read the attachment on the destination machine. However, if you open the document first, and then go to file, send to mail recipient as attachment, the sending machine is unable to associate a program with the file, and thus the recipient cannot open it either. Is this a known issue, perhaps a certain service pack needs applying? Any advice would be appreciated. Che...

Wizard
I have .txt data that I am selecting and trying to copy into an Excel spreadsheet. When I go to copy the data in, it is just copying in and the wizard is not popping up. Why is this happening??? Hi RTP, If you are not seeing the "paste options" button, which contains a link to the wizard, go to Tools> Options> Edit, check "Show Paste Options buttons." Regards, IanRoy "RTP" wrote: > I have .txt data that I am selecting and trying to copy into an Excel > spreadsheet. When I go to copy the data in, it is just copying in and the > wizard is not ...

Creating ToolBar at runtime
hai I am Working in VC++ and I need to create Toolbars at Run Time but I have no Idea how to Start and where to look into could any one help me -praveen When you create a doc/view application using the wizard, it creates the code which creates a toolbar at run time. I am not sure if thats what you are asking. If you mean that you need to provide the bitmaps and button info at run time, you can do that as well. Take a look at CToolBar class. It has bunch of methods including setting all properties at run time, including image lists, button info etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra...

Office 2001 unable to see fileserver
Greets - A user has suddenly lost his ability to see the Mac OS X 10.2 server through Word 2001 v9.03 or PowerPoint 2001 -- I haven't checked Excel, but assume it's the same. Note that non-MS apps work fine. Essentially, when the user goes to open or save, he brings up the dialog and changes to his desktop, where the fileserver should show up. It does not. Further, he also has an alias to the fileserver on his desktop -- used to mount it -- and when double-clicked, the alias simply returns a file listing of the desktop. Any ideas? This is an iMac G3/400 running OS 9.1, fwiw. Ra...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

Money crash creating savings account
I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium. When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from the list displayed money crashes. I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it still fails. I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money file is stored, and the facility works Ok I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before. ...

Access 2007 Split Form 01-23-10
Thanks for any help in advance! In the Create Forms Window which gives various Form options to choose from. I selected the Split Form which gives a Form and Data Sheet view. Is it possible to to make the data sheet portion read only forcing the user to use the Form portion to enter data? Looking further into my own question I was able to find the answer. In the forms proprety you can make the data sheet read only. "macamarr" wrote: > Thanks for any help in advance! > In the Create Forms Window which gives various Form options to choose from. > I selected ...

Printing on Special forms (Avery, etc.)
I have been using Publisher for several years now. Today is the first time that I need to print on a special form. I am making business cards and need to print on Avery 8371 business card stock. I have been all over the program and if it is there I am not finding it, but I cant find where to select this form so it prints 10 to a page in stead of the 4 it is set for now. Help. Thanks Bob Dave You would find it easier to produce the cards in MS Word.. Avery supply a free wizard on their website that integrates with Word.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpos...

Accessing Contacts for the Rules Wizard
I have just successfully transferred Outlook 2002 files to a new PC with Oulook 2007, and my emails, contacts, calendars etc have all come over OK. I do have the spurious Personal Folders created when Outlook 2007 was first set up, and cannot get rid of it, but that's not the problem. I have renamed it something else, and the Personal Folders I have transferred remain named as such. I have ensured that arriving emails come into the correct Outlloko ..pst file and thus into the correct Personal Folders. My problem is this: I am trying to set up rules for the diversion of ...

Create new user without login
Hello, I am trying to send out an email that the person has to open and click on in order to set Membership.IsApproved to true. I have DisableCreatedUser="true" in the CreateUserWizard, so they are never logged in.Does that mean GetUser(Which is looking for a logged in user) is empty? If so, any suggestions? protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { MembershipUser newuser = Membership.GetUser(); RegisterUser NewRegistration = new RegisterUser(); string newusername = newuser.UserName; string email = new...

Creating two charts in one
I have two spreadsheets, I would like to create one chart from both spreadsheets. Is it possible to create a chart like this, how do you tell it what range? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Steve - Make the chart with data from one worksheet. Then add data from the other worksheet (can be in a different workbook). There are several ways. One is to copy the data, switch to the chart, and use Paste Special to paste the data into the chart as a new series. Another way is to use the Source Data command on the Chart menu, select the Series tab, click Add, and when you click on the ...

Recipient policies does not apply when new user was created.
I just ran into a weird problem on an Exchange 2000 server. I would create a new user using Active Directory Users and Computers and tell it to setup all of the Exchange mailboxes. But it didn't. I manually create user’s SMTP mailbox/address through Active Directory Users and Computers but the user account not show on the Global Address List. You need to wait for RUS to update the address book. Or your can force an update in Exchange System Manager by following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319065 "san1988" wrote: > I ...

Migration Wizard
Help! I get "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has stopped working" Problem details are Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: migrationwizard.exe When trying to run Mig Wizard on new SBS2008 Server from 2003. Everything else looks OK - email flow, mailboxes, etc. Other tasks in SBS Console run OK. Not sure what is in the Mig Wiz so just want make sure I do everything required! Any ideas much appreciated Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. If you are using the built-in Administrator accou...

how do u enter data to different tables from one form
i have 5 tables. their primary key is pers_no. one of them is the master table. they have one to one relation ship with the master table through the primary key. i like to have a form with a text box as pers_no --- i want to enter data in the text box and want all the table to accept that. request u to kindly help me. thank you. Answered in another place where you posted the same q. ...

Error using the Export Database Wizard to export store database in
I'm trying to create a store database for a new store in HQ. When the process is exporting the data, it gets as far as the Item table and I receive the error: Export Database Wizard: An error was encountered while exporting data. Your Store Operations database is not complete and may not work correctly. Error 0: I have tried it twice and I get the same error. Any clue what is going on here? I am using RMS/HQ 2.0 SP1 and SQL Server Standard 2005 SP2 with WinXP SP2 I had this problem shortly after upgrading to 2.0. Running a db re-index then a db check from HQ admin r...

How to create a pie chart with 793 numbers? Possible?
Hi, I've been trying to create a pie chart with 793 numbers on one single colum, the column consists of various numbers and i would like to take a percentage of numbers on the column, for example there are 100 tens ranging from cell A1 to A99 and 500 1's ranging from cell A100 to A699 and other numbers, is it possilbe to create a pie chart with that many numbers? -- Every time i tried to create the pie chart using the chart wizard, the finished chart will always shown with so many different slices, any tips on how to create the pie chart would be greatly appreciated thanks in adv...

Rules Wizard Wizards, Get in here!!!!
Hey, i have a users that had set up some rules to foward E- mail from one person to another E-mail box. Now that he no longer needs this rule he has deleted it and since he has turned it off he now gets the Message on how his rules do not match the rules on the server, Who rules would you like to use, The Local machine or the server. Well for the life of me i can not find what is making this message alive and to keep it comming back. What is turned on that should not be!!! I am running Outlook 2002 and Exchange 5.5. Thanks!!! If you have access to the Back Office Resource Kit yo...

Out of Office wizard
How do I get the "out of office wizard" on my outlook? It used to be there on my old computer which was running Windows 98. I have since upgraded to Windows 2000. Hi Stuart, The Out Of Office Assistant is a feature that is only available with the Microsoft Exchange Server service. It is only available when the Microsoft Exchange Server information service is included in your profile, and you are connected to a functional Microsoft Exchange Server. To learn more about this, please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 196808.KB.EN-US. You can paste the link below in your browser f...

feedback form template
I have to create a feedback form for the launch of a Network group and was wondering whether or not anyone had a relatively decent styled feedback form they could point me to. Thanks ...

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Date...

How to create & use User Forms
I am somewhat of a novice with VBA. But I have noticed it is possibl to create User Forms. I am thinking these might be much more flexibl than the Data Form, since the data form needs all data to be in column with a header. Is there an MVP site that has a tutorial in creating & using User Form and using VBA to take advantage of the data? :confused -- DCSwearinge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2150 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Create node if it doesn't exist
Hi, My boss wanted me to create a VB.NET function that does the following: 1. Read the value of a specified node 2. If the node does not exist, create it with the supplied default value So the function would look something like this: Public Function ReadXML(ByVal XmlPath As String, ByVal NodePath As String, Optional ByVal DefaultValue As String) As String What's the best way to go about doing this? Using the example ReadXML("C:\My.xml","Hello/World/How/Are/You","Fine"): 1. If the file does not exist, create it (e.g. ReadXML("C: \M...

How to create a personal address book
Sorry ahead of time for this long post, but I've been reading thru these messages for an hour, and haven't found one like mine. I have WIN2K, Office2K with Outlook 2K. I do not have an option for personal addr book, under tools, accounts, new. It only gives mail or directory services. Under file, new, I can add/create contacts, personal folder, pst's, and other items, but no personal addr book. Under file, import/export, I select internet mail and addr, then OE, and import addr book, but the next selection only shows it going to Contacts. I don't want any more contac...

How to automatically create a thumbnail of a published chart/image
Hi All, Not sure whether this is the right forum for this question, but here goes. I have a spreadsheet with a series of statistics and graphs on it. I have a button which links to a macro that automatically publishes these graphs to a location on the network (see code below). My situation is this. I need to be able to programmatically create a thumbnail of these images for use in an HTML page which will be a link to the full-sized image. If I just use html to re-size the image, the image is ruined and blotchy, for lack of a better word. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem? Any...

AD Account created but not the Exchange mailbox
I'm having an issue with a new account I just created in AD; I set up the account and tell AD to create the Exchange Mailbox, pointing it to the correct Exchange Server. However, once I complete creation of the account, one of two things happens: 1. The mailbox is created but the user account has no access to it; 2. The mailbox never gets created. Any ideas about what I might be missing? Thanks in advance. is the account stamped with an smtp address or any other Exchange attributes? may be a problem with the Recipient Update Service...? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tim&quo...