using excel form to input data into access

  • Follow

Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access?

please reply to group

0
Reply billb 4/15/2007 12:55:32 AM

You can link access to Excel.  But why?  before going any further, explain
the reason why you would want to do this.  Let us evaluate what your needs
are.

Access Forms are much better for data entry, for a number of reason, than
Excel.  What would you use acces for then if your data is being entered and
stored in Excel?  Explain some more so we can guide you better.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"billb" wrote:

> Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access?
>
> please reply to group

0
Reply Utf 4/15/2007 2:44:02 AM

The actual reason for using excel to enter the fields in access is that over
100 of our users are familiar with excel, but do not know anything about
databases. They actually call excel a database about 1/2 of the time.
We work in a contract research facility that does lots of different projects
in several scientific disciplines of varying complexity. I started using
databases to store my research data in back in the 80's with db3. We did not
even have an IT department until about 2 years ago. I have been trying to
drag our company into today's world for the last 15 yrs, and am convinced
that the only way I'm going to get this done is if I create excel worksheets
that they fill out and the data goes into a database that I can then show
them what benefits and additional data evaluation techniques are available.
"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can link access to Excel.  But why?  before going any further, explain
> the reason why you would want to do this.  Let us evaluate what your needs
> are.
>
> Access Forms are much better for data entry, for a number of reason, than
> Excel.  What would you use acces for then if your data is being entered
> and
> stored in Excel?  Explain some more so we can guide you better.
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel P
>

> "billb" wrote:
>
>> Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access?
>>
>> please reply to group

0
Reply billb 4/15/2007 10:08:52 PM

(page loaded in 1.294 seconds)