Tab pages: How to change background color

  • Follow

Hi, I've added 6 tabs onto a form.  Although the form itself can be
formatted with different background colors, the tabs themselves cannot
(as far as I've been able to try).  Perhaps there's a VBA code that
will allow me to change the tabbed page background colors?  With 6
tabs, I want to make sure the user will unmistakably associate the
selected tab with the data being updated on each page.

Thanks,
Michael

0
Reply mcheng 8/18/2007 2:23:42 PM

Have a look at http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut12.htm

HTH

Peter Hibbs.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:23:42 -0000, mcheng <mcheng.michael@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I've added 6 tabs onto a form.  Although the form itself can be
>formatted with different background colors, the tabs themselves cannot
>(as far as I've been able to try).  Perhaps there's a VBA code that
>will allow me to change the tabbed page background colors?  With 6
>tabs, I want to make sure the user will unmistakably associate the
>selected tab with the data being updated on each page.
>
>Thanks,
>Michael
0
Reply Peter 8/18/2007 3:02:08 PM

And another possibe solution you could try is:
http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Reply ruralguy 8/18/2007 3:32:35 PM

The two responses are great.  For future reference:

-Peter's solution uses an event procedure to give the appearance of
tabs by creating a form from scratch; very helpful prior to
incorporating tabbed pages within your form

-RuralGuy's solution uses VB to create a class for an existing tabbed
page within your form

Thanks so much for sharing!
Michael

1