Tab pages: How to change background color

Hi, I've added 6 tabs onto a form.  Although the form itself can be
formatted with different background colors, the tabs themselves cannot
(as far as I've been able to try).  Perhaps there's a VBA code that
will allow me to change the tabbed page background colors?  With 6
tabs, I want to make sure the user will unmistakably associate the
selected tab with the data being updated on each page.

Thanks,
Michael

0
mcheng

Have a look at http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut12.htm

HTH

Peter Hibbs.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:23:42 -0000, mcheng <mcheng.michael@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I've added 6 tabs onto a form.  Although the form itself can be
>formatted with different background colors, the tabs themselves cannot
>(as far as I've been able to try).  Perhaps there's a VBA code that
>will allow me to change the tabbed page background colors?  With 6
>tabs, I want to make sure the user will unmistakably associate the
>selected tab with the data being updated on each page.
>
>Thanks,
>Michael
0
Peter
8/18/2007 3:02:08 PM
And another possibe solution you could try is:
http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
8/18/2007 3:32:35 PM
The two responses are great.  For future reference:

-Peter's solution uses an event procedure to give the appearance of
tabs by creating a form from scratch; very helpful prior to
incorporating tabbed pages within your form

-RuralGuy's solution uses VB to create a class for an existing tabbed
page within your form

Thanks so much for sharing!
Michael

1
mcheng

Opens 4x4 document, won't change
I'm running microsoft word 2008 on a mac and when I open a new document it is automatically 4"x4". When I go to Page setup it says it is letter size, and when I go to document layout it shows the preview as being 4x4 but it won't let me change it. I use to be able to open an old document and do a save us to keep the size, but that doesn't even work anymore. Please help. Is your software fully updated (12.2.3)? Make sure that Office, OS X & your printer driver are fully updated, repair disk permissions & restart your Mac... Otherwise you may just be cha...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

allow fill color to be changed or toggled using a formula
If my quanity reaches the reorder point I'd like to be able to insert a formula that will allow me to toggle or change the fill to aid in directing my attention to the reorder point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/c...

Broken HTML Tags on Web Page
Hi Folks, Our web application was created in ASP .NET 2.0 using C# programming language. It works fine almost everywhere. One of our client's however occasionally encounter broken html tags on the web application's pages. They range from some thing like </t or <td align ="c and so on The page shows up correctly but it diplays these broken tags along with it. At times, the page would show up but the client won't be able to press the buttons on the page. The page is essentially frozen until the client refreshes the browser window. Upon refresh the page may di...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

display the answer for a formula from another page?
I am trying to diplay the answer from a fomula on one page to another so that i don't have to have the same formula twice..i keep getting an error....Please help...Lou It would have helped if you'd posted your desired formula, but... Assume the formula would be to add cells A1 and B1 in Sheet1, and you want the result in cell C1 in Sheet2. Then, in Sheet2!C1, enter = Sheet1!A1 + Sheet1!B1 or =SUM(Sheet1!A1:B1) In article <DB8EC1C4-50DA-4025-9F42-B749DF8A70F0@microsoft.com>, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to diplay the answer...

Page layout for a newsletter
I am trying to create a newsletter with the view of landscape but when I go to the set-up the page is shown different than the layout. What am I doing wrong? Setup your printer for landscape. What size is your paper? Are you using a booklet setup? If your paper is 11 x 17 (tabloid) the newsletter will appear as two portrait sheets side by side. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Janette" <Janette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6110718F-CAAA-4BD...

background picture #2
Is there a way to not print the background picture when i print my publication ? Thank you Avishay wrote: > Is there a way to not print the background > picture when i print my publication ? > > Thank you =================================== In my copy of Pub 2007...I can uncheck the box: "Print Page Backgrounds"...near the bottom of the Print screen. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk can u send me a pr...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Additional colors for Excel charts
Are there downloads available to supplement the basic colors available for use in Excel charts? What I'd like (if available) is a set of colors/hue choices similar to those in Powerpoint. Thanks! Excel is limited to 56 colors, but you can control which colors these are. To exercise this control, go to the Tools menu, select Options, and click on the Color tab. The standard palette is laid out, and you can select any one and change it. Note that the bottom two rows contain the default colors for chart series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

Change Row/Column Height & Width
I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work. Why is that that - do I need to adjust a setting? And is there any way to set it so that if text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe text fit appropriately? Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I should be ...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

In-cell formula/function to determine the color of a cell?
Hi all, I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which color the adjacent cell is. Is there an in-cell formula that will do this? TIA, cdj look at ASAPUtilities for functions using cell formats Eric "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f054cc1b-8a13-4ddd-8aeb-4a878bf52062@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like > to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which colo...

Changing "Office" theme colors
I asked this some time ago but didn't get an answer. I hope you can help. I have developed a workbook using the built-in Office theme but for some reason it does not display colors correctly on some othe users' computers. Is there a way to impose the theme at start-up? If not, I have the table for the office theme colors I got from a web-site or blog: "In case you are lazy like me-here is a table of the color values you need to use in VBA to have it theme with the Office theme color. " Color VBA Color Value Alternate Row -21474...

How do you change the default list bullet/symbol?
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default list symbol. I can change it temporarily, but when I start a new list the same old symbols return in their order. I just want a simple dash instead of diamonds and squares. Please help. You must associate this bullet with a style (List Bullet, say) and then apply the style instead of clicking on the Bullets button (the Ctrl+Shift+L keyboard shortcut will apply List Bullet style). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mennoen" <...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

How do you make a two page purchase order?
I am using a Purchase order template, and the order needs to be 2-3 pages long. How do I continue the page on to another page and have the ending total be correct? If the sheet formulas are working correctly, then just put page breaks at the spots you want the new pages to begin. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 ...

OWA and changing passwords
I have a problem. I upgraded our server from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 that had Exchange 2003 installed. We had in initial issue with people not able to change their passwords in OWA. I had to register a dll and was able to do so but after I change my password I get the following message: Internet Service Manager for Internet Information Server 6.0 Password successfully changed. " Back to "https://mailserver.abc.com/exchange/userid/?Cmd=close When I click to go back to https:..... I get an error page and don't go back to you session. Also when I try to logo...

BLENDING COLORS IN PUBLISHER
I don't know if this is possible. I have several clip art pieces I have imported into publisher. I have been able to make one of them my background. And I have several of the same image lined up to create a panorama. But I want to be able to blend colors from one area to another. I have done something like this in photoshop where you can select a color and apply it in the adjacent area. How can I do this in publisher. If I can't in publisher, can I use another program to do that? If you have Photoshop, I would suggest doing all of your editing in that program and then ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Determining if a file contents has changed
Hello, I was curious how I could determine if a file contents has changed? I am planning on creating a "tail" command like in Unix. The idea is that the tool will print the last contents of a file, and everytime the file has changed, it will continue to print those contents to the screen. Someone suggested FileSystemWatcher, would this be a valid class to use? If so, which library is this class in? I cannot find it. Thanks. "Jon" <TheFakeJon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141716772.845354.290520@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, I was curious how I c...

HOW to CHANGE VIEW in Outlook2003 for ALL Folders/Subfolders
I recently archived off all pre-2007 messages (from about 50 or so folders/subfolders in Outlook2003). Somehow, this has changed the the VIEW of the folders. They now have grouping, a reading pane to right, and worst of all a Sent-Date comparison. This date comparison filter is preventing me from seeing many messages in the various folders. PLEASE NOTE: Yes - I do know have to change the "current view" of a folder in Outlook !! But - changing the view seems to work for only ONE folder or subfolder at a time. I really don't want to have to modify the view back x 50 or...