Show plus sign in form

  • Follow

Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child relationship. I
would like the form contain 2 subforms in datasheet view (the parent table -
POSITION - and the child table - CANDIDATE -). This is not a problem. The
problem I am having is that I would like the tables to have the plus / minus
sign displayed as they do in the table. How can I get the plus / minus sign
to be displayed in the form?

Thanks.

Reply BenEl 3/18/2010 12:56:38 PM

For what purpose?

You're describing a "how", but not much about the "what" ... what business
need are you trying to solve by showing that "+"?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"BenEl via AccessMonster.com" <u56454@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child relationship.
> would like the form contain 2 subforms in datasheet view (the parent
> table -
> POSITION - and the child table - CANDIDATE -). This is not a problem. The
> problem I am having is that I would like the tables to have the plus /
> minus
> sign displayed as they do in the table. How can I get the plus / minus
> sign
> to be displayed in the form?
>
> Thanks.

Reply Jeff 3/18/2010 8:52:43 PM

It's a HR dbase. There is a table of Job Positions, a table of General
Candidates. One Position can have many Candidates and one Candidate can apply
to many positions. I would like both of these tables displayed on the form. I
would like the user to be able to see the key identifying fields of the two
tables and click onto the "+" to quickly see who has applied for a position
or vice versa. I will set the code so that the user can double click on the
Candidate or Position ID and open the detail form.

Thanks.

Jeff Boyce wrote:
>For what purpose?
>
>You're describing a "how", but not much about the "what" ... what business
>need are you trying to solve by showing that "+"?
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff Boyce
>Microsoft Access MVP
>
>> Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child relationship.
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>
>> Thanks.

Reply BenEl 3/22/2010 12:34:24 PM

It sounds like you are trying to work directly in the tables ... that's how
you'd do it with spreadsheets, but it's neither necessary nor a good idea
when using Access.

Have you looked into using main form/subform construction?

> It's a HR dbase. There is a table of Job Positions, a table of General
> Candidates. One Position can have many Candidates and one Candidate can
> apply
> to many positions. I would like both of these tables displayed on the
> form. I
> would like the user to be able to see the key identifying fields of the
> two
> tables and click onto the "+" to quickly see who has applied for a
> position
> or vice versa. I will set the code so that the user can double click on
> the
> Candidate or Position ID and open the detail form.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Boyce wrote:
>>For what purpose?
>>
>>You're describing a "how", but not much about the "what" ... what business
>>need are you trying to solve by showing that "+"?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Jeff Boyce
>>Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>>> Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child
>>> relationship.
>>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Reply Jeff 3/22/2010 8:08:47 PM

Yes - I think I'm going to end up doing a main form for positions and a sub
with Candidates and a main form with Candidates and a sub with positions...
Not exactly how I envisioned it, but it will work.

Jeff Boyce wrote:
>It sounds like you are trying to work directly in the tables ... that's how
>you'd do it with spreadsheets, but it's neither necessary nor a good idea
>when using Access.
>
>Have you looked into using main form/subform construction?
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff Boyce
>Microsoft Access MVP
>
>> It's a HR dbase. There is a table of Job Positions, a table of General
>> Candidates. One Position can have many Candidates and one Candidate can
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]

Reply BenEl 3/24/2010 1:06:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.83 seconds)

Reply: