Set Focus on a object in a form

How do I set the focus to a particular object in a form? And can I use a
Control Button to allow this in my form? For example I wanted to allow
someone to add a new record to my form using a control Button labeled 'Add
Entry'. I created a control button to do this with a macro on my form; but I
cannot get the focus to return to a specific object. I was able to do
something like this in Visual Basic 5.0 but I am not sure how (if possible)
using Access 2003.

You could use the Tab Order of the form and set the control you want to have
the focus to a tab order of 0.  If that will not work for you, you can put a
line in the Load event of the form to set the focus:

    Me.MyControl.Setfocus
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"myseven123" wrote:

> How do I set the focus to a particular object in a form? And can I use a
> Control Button to allow this in my form? For example I wanted to allow
> someone to add a new record to my form using a control Button labeled 'Add
> Entry'. I created a control button to do this with a macro on my form; but I
> cannot get the focus to return to a specific object. I was able to do
> something like this in Visual Basic 5.0 but I am not sure how (if possible)
> using Access 2003.
YourObjectName.SetFocus

myseven123 wrote:
>How do I set the focus to a particular object in a form? And can I use a
>Control Button to allow this in my form? For example I wanted to allow
>someone to add a new record to my form using a control Button labeled 'Add
>Entry'. I created a control button to do this with a macro on my form; but I
>cannot get the focus to return to a specific object. I was able to do
>something like this in Visual Basic 5.0 but I am not sure how (if possible)
>using Access 2003.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
2/12/2008 6:58:50 PM
How do I do that?

"Klatuu" wrote:

> You could use the Tab Order of the form and set the control you want to have
> the focus to a tab order of 0.  If that will not work for you, you can put a
> line in the Load event of the form to set the focus:
>
>     Me.MyControl.Setfocus
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "myseven123" wrote:
>
> > How do I set the focus to a particular object in a form? And can I use a
> > Control Button to allow this in my form? For example I wanted to allow
> > someone to add a new record to my form using a control Button labeled 'Add
> > Entry'. I created a control button to do this with a macro on my form; but I
> > cannot get the focus to return to a specific object. I was able to do
> > something like this in Visual Basic 5.0 but I am not sure how (if possible)
> > using Access 2003.

Linked form can't be edited
I have a large table with contact details and also additional details which only relates to about a third of my clients. If I include all the fields in my main input form(1) it becomes very cluttered so I have created another form(2) for just the additional information and select it with a button from form(1). Form(2) is filtered according to the client in form(1). However even though I have enabled editing in the properties box, I am unable to edit the form(2) fields. Without the filter it works fine, but I have to find the client manually to add the additional information. What...

OWA Set Rule problem

one label all forms
I want to put a label on all my forms that says YOU ARE IN ARCHIVE. Can I do this without placing a label on each form? Thanks. You could set the form's Caption to that. That would mean that it would appear in the bar at the top of the form. However, you'd have to set it, so I don't know whether that'll save you anything. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "seeker" <seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4FC21F1-32F8-4A6E-A33B-EC9B18F9617D@microsoft.com... >I want...

setting up new outlook mail account

How to set backcolour

Forms Combo Box
Does anyone know haw to make the Forms Combo box font bigger?? No can do. You could try the Controls toolbox one, but not recommended if usin several controls because these ones are very buggy. More properties more trouble -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

Reading Pane Settings

synchronize sub forms-part 2
Don't see my earlier post... here I go again! Scenario: Main form (1)- frm1 based on tbl01 User enters 3 parameters to filter by p1,p2,p3 Subforms (6)- fsub1-fsub6 (each with its own tab) also based on tbl01 ALL subforms are Linked to frm1 through 2 fields (p2,p3) When the 3 parameters are chosen fsub1 will list the basic info associated with them. fsub2-fsub6 will list more specific info. With the following additions suggested by Robert Carlson: fsub1 On current Event: Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery fsub2 On Current Event: If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then ...

Propagate Lead Form Changes
I added some new values for Lead Source in the Lead form yesterday. My IT manager who's unavailable and normally does this sort of thing told me that many changes like this just "take a while" to propagate out system wide. How long does it take, or do I need to do something to publish my changes? I can see that they're saved because if I go back to edit the values for that field, they're all in there. Thanks Nathan, You need to publish the changes from the deployment manager. Usually you need to restart IIS (just Start - Run - iisreset will do the trick). T...

How do I set OOR

Provide Help/Tutorial Form
I'd like to add a form to an operational database that the users can look at for info on how to use the application; what to do if errors occur; etc. What is the best way to provide the information ? A TextBox is limited to 255 characters; A MemoType has 64K characters; An Attachment - requires availability of the underlying product (Word, etc.). A LabelType field ? Recommendations ? If you are using only a single form or a couple of forms, put the info into a label control, or several label controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

All CRM objects have been updated in one weekend. Not sure how.
I noticed that every Lead, Opp, Account and Contact has a Modified On date of this past Saturday or more recently. The records with Saturday's modified date don't show any particular changes, just the Modified On date and the Modified By user. It's more than a trivial issue. There are business reasons for knowing when things are being updated. Some of these Modified By values are disabled, former users. They were the original creators of the objects. CRM is running on its own server. This SQL Server is also running Veritas Backup Exec. did these users create any work...

Copy data of some fields on a form to the next record
I have a form used to enter data on a record in which 7 of the fields will contain the exact same data for several sebsequent records. Instead of having to re-enter repetative data for several sebsequent records, I need a checkbox (or some indicator) that would set a control that when checked, it would tell the database that it should carry the data in a certain set of fields (the 7) to the next record. For instance, when you order an item online using a credit card and if you check the box the delivery address information you just entered will repeat or copy to the billing address f...

Form not opening in Datasheet view via the switchboard
I have a form that is to display a table in datasheet view. It works fine when I click it directly i.e. it opens in datasheet view. Unfortunately when I try to open it via the switchboard thru a button it opens the form in form view. Could someone assist I think I might need to write "datasheet" in the event procedure. Thanks! MSA "MSA" <MSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47FDC06F-A8D5-47E5-8E3E-7787C56838A8@microsoft.com... >I have a form that is to display a table in datasheet view. It works fine > when I click it directly i.e. it open...