Report vs. Form

Hello,

I import data into two tables.  To ensure that the import worked, I check
the sum of one of the columns, in this case the purchase order value.

Right now, my application outputs this check into a report -- but we don't
print the report, we just open it, view the sum, and close it.

I'm trying to replace this report with a form, like a pop-up box.

My trouble is, I can't get the "Sum" formula to work in a text box in the
form; all I get is #Error.

My formula is =Sum(qry_ListCmtPO!CmtValueObj).  This seems to work fine in
the report.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't know if it's a simple syntax error, or if
what I'm trying doesn't even work.

Thanks,

Debris

Take a look at the DSum() command instead.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Debris" <scooter459@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I import data into two tables.  To ensure that the import worked, I check
> the sum of one of the columns, in this case the purchase order value.
>
> Right now, my application outputs this check into a report -- but we don't
> print the report, we just open it, view the sum, and close it.
>
> I'm trying to replace this report with a form, like a pop-up box.
>
> My trouble is, I can't get the "Sum" formula to work in a text box in the
> form; all I get is #Error.
>
> My formula is =Sum(qry_ListCmtPO!CmtValueObj).  This seems to work fine in
> the report.
>
> Any help is appreciated.  I don't know if it's a simple syntax error, or
> if what I'm trying doesn't even work.
>
> Thanks,

Jeff
1/15/2008 12:09:15 AM
Yep, that's EXACTLY what I need!

Thanks!

P.S.:  I've used DLOOKUP in the past, and these "D" commands are pretty
useful -- I had just forgotten about them.  It seems that all of the
tutorials / manuals tend to "bury" them at the "back of the book," so to
speak.

"Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at the DSum() command instead.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP

0
Debris

Printing reprot from a form for the record viewed
I would like to print a report (sort of an invoice) from a form where i am entering the final data for the invoice. but the report is generated for the entire table. for time being i am printing the form. but the actual report must have a different format and some more additional informations. So i want help to print the report only for the record viewed in the form and that i should be able to give the print commond from the form itself through the command button.thanks Try this link on "How To Print A Single Record from a Microsoft Access Form into a Report"http://www.databasedev.c...

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Creating a QM form that calculates scores?
Is it possible to create a form that has yes/no option controls that calculate scores for whichever one the person chooses and then adds each score for a total score. ...

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Print W2's and 1099's on regular paper or pre-printed forms?
Just to verify, can year end W2's and 1099's be printed on plain paper? Or do you need to buy preprinted forms? Thanks in advance, Russ Worth You need to buy preprinted forms. GP fills in the fields on the form. It doesn't print the forms themselves. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics Thanks, Frank. Any suggestions on where to buy the forms? Thanks, Russ "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > You need to buy preprinted forms. GP fills in the fields on the > form. It doesn't print the forms themselves. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MC...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Can I get form name / routine name from Access?
Hi, I’m using Access 2003. I have the following line that I include in my ON ERROR routine: Call BaseUtil.Dsp_Err_Msg(Err.Number, Err.Description, "cbPrintReport_Click") As you see, I currently hard code the name of my routine in my error message so I can display it in the error message. I have two questions. 1. Is there a way I can get the name of the current routine from Access so I do not have to hard code it in each line? 2. Is there a way I can get the current form / report name from Access so I do not have to hard code it in each line? Idea...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

Pop Up Forms
Hi all, I have created a form and saved it as a template in my templates folder. However, I want to have this form automatically "pop-up" when I open the specific Excel spreadsheet. Its relatively easy doing this in Access, so I'm presuming Excel can't be whole lot more difficult??? The form is nothing more complicated then a text box, giving some basic instructions on entering data into the spreadsheet for users. Any help you could give would be much appreciated!! TBD Hi not sure what you mean by 'created a form' - do you mean you've edited a worksh...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...