Report vs. Form

  • Follow

Hello,

I import data into two tables.  To ensure that the import worked, I check
the sum of one of the columns, in this case the purchase order value.

Right now, my application outputs this check into a report -- but we don't
print the report, we just open it, view the sum, and close it.

I'm trying to replace this report with a form, like a pop-up box.

My trouble is, I can't get the "Sum" formula to work in a text box in the
form; all I get is #Error.

My formula is =Sum(qry_ListCmtPO!CmtValueObj).  This seems to work fine in
the report.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't know if it's a simple syntax error, or if
what I'm trying doesn't even work.

Thanks,

Reply Debris 1/14/2008 11:53:53 PM

Take a look at the DSum() command instead.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Debris" <scooter459@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I import data into two tables.  To ensure that the import worked, I check
> the sum of one of the columns, in this case the purchase order value.
>
> Right now, my application outputs this check into a report -- but we don't
> print the report, we just open it, view the sum, and close it.
>
> I'm trying to replace this report with a form, like a pop-up box.
>
> My trouble is, I can't get the "Sum" formula to work in a text box in the
> form; all I get is #Error.
>
> My formula is =Sum(qry_ListCmtPO!CmtValueObj).  This seems to work fine in
> the report.
>
> Any help is appreciated.  I don't know if it's a simple syntax error, or
> if what I'm trying doesn't even work.
>
> Thanks,

Reply Jeff 1/15/2008 12:09:15 AM

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I need!

Thanks!

P.S.:  I've used DLOOKUP in the past, and these "D" commands are pretty
useful -- I had just forgotten about them.  It seems that all of the
tutorials / manuals tend to "bury" them at the "back of the book," so to
speak.

"Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at the DSum() command instead.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP

0