Open a form and pass a parameter

I have a main form displayere list of employees.
I would like to open a second form to display the details of a selected
employee. How can I do that?

One way I am thinking of is pass the employee number as argument when open
the second form.

0
Alan

On Fri, 25 May 2007 13:41:25 +1000, Alan T wrote:

> I have a main form displayere list of employees.
> I would like to open a second form to display the details of a selected
> employee. How can I do that?
>
> One way I am thinking of is pass the employee number as argument when open
> the second form.

You don't need to pass the second form the employee number.
All you need do is open the second form (from the already open first
form) using the where argument of the DoCmd.OpenForm method.

Assuming the [EmployeeID] datatype is Number:
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , "[EmplyeeID] = " & Me![EmployeeID]

Form2 will open showing the records of the employee selected on Form1.

Look up the OpenForm method in VBA help.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

Consume XML to pass as a string buffer to legacy
Hi, I am working on a project and a portion of which involves receiving xml files on internet, extract values to build a string and pass that string to legacy system. I am planning on using XMLReader to read passed xml file and extract values that need to be mapped to string buffer. However, in this method I am not able to get the full path (ie., path information from root to this node) detail of the node. Is there a specific method to get full path of the node? Also, is there a alternative to using XMLReader? Thanks in advance, Srini If by path you mean XPath expression then no....

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Controlling a PivotChart using a form
Hi, I'm trying to make a form that displays a pivot chart which reflects changes a user makes on a series of listboxes on the form. Whats the best way to go about doing this? I have 2 list boxes that will narrow the selection down (ie by 'category' and 'dates' - 'dates' being multiselection) and I have a listbox which is to select what data is shown on the pivot chart (a range of values at certain percentage levels). What I want to do is have the user pick a category, a date(s) and then a percentage amount, click a button and the pivotchart updates with the relev...