Object or class does not support the set of events Error

This post is for anyone who has seen this problem.  I have posted a
solution below.

Situation: The error message "Object or class does not support the set
of events" occurred in my database just after I received a "database
corruption error".  The corruption error appeared right after I closed
then reopened my database.  I assumed this happened because I opened
it immediately after it crashed and I had recently set the database to
auto compact & repair on close.  MS Access asked me if I wanted to
save a backup, and I said yes.  After this, neither the original
database, nor the backup would work; getting the "Object or class does
not support the set of events" everytime.

My system setup was Access2003 and Windows Vista Home Premium. The
database was in a front end and back end configuration, error showed
up in front end only.

This is what I found:
(If you don't care about the steps I went through to isolate the
problem, go to #6)

1. All my queries had detached themselves from my tables. All the
fields in the queries were prefaced with Expr 1, Expr 2, Expr3,
etc...   I cleaned up all the queries and resaved them.  The queries
worked when run independently (outside the form), but not when
attached to the form.

2. Looked at my references.  I unchecked them, saved the database,
then reopened and rechecked the references.  Then closed and reopened
the database, and still received the error.

3. Read everything I could on newsgroups to try to solve it.
Recommendation was to create a new database and load all objects in
via import.  Did compact/repair.  The compact/repair was successful.
But the error still showed up just about everytime I loaded a form.
It was also recommended by someone in the newsgroups to SaveAs Text
all the offending forms, then reload them to their original state in a
new database.  Since almost ALL my forms were showing this error, I
chose not to do this.

4. I finally isolated the problem.  Any time there is a call to an VBA
event, the error would arise.  Removing all VBA code from a form
allowed the form to load properly, unfortunately, all functionality
programmed with the VBA was gone.  Not an acceptable solution.

5. Next I created a new blank database and made a simple form (no
table/query attached) and wrote one line of code behind the OnOpen
event: "Msgbox "Does this code work?".  On opening the new form I
received the "Object or class does not support the set of events"
error again.  NOTE: This was a new database with only one form
object.  It had none of my "corrupted" database in it.

6.  Deleted MS Access from my computer, and reinstalled it and
downloaded the latest service packs.  I next ran my old database
and ... it worked perfectly.

The problem was not the database I created, but something within MS
Access itself had become corrupted.

I am not saying this is the only way to get rid of this error, but it
after expending all my available options, this worked for me.

I hope this helps in trouble shooting and saves you some time.

"Don Barton" <DonaldB627@gmail.com> wrote in message

In most cases, after a Dr. Watson crash (that is the do you want to send
this error report to Microsoft), the solution that works is to simply
de-compile the database.

I STRONGLY suggest you try that next time....

virtually ANYTIME I receive a dr. Watson error, I enter my database, (hold
down shift key to prevent any startup code).

I then do  compact and repair. then exit...

Then do a de-compile. (and, then exit again).

Now, compact repiar (again, don't let ANY startup code run).

Now, ctrl-g....compile database.

When you receive a Dr. Watson error, you really need to de-compile at that
point, as the database is OFTEN damaged.

Since I use de-compile when this occurs, it a good idea to use the following
registry enter to allow a context (right click) de-compile and compact
option for mdb files.

You can find the registry hack here:

You have to modify he above for office 11 before you install it...

And, the mention of de-compile can be found here:

I noted that VERY often after a Dr. Watson error, the code is corrupted, and
a de-compile is near must do when this occurs...

Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

9/24/2007 2:06:30 AM
On Sep 23, 8:06 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>
> "Don Barton" <DonaldB...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In most cases, after a Dr. Watson crash (that is the do you want to send
> this error report to Microsoft), the solution that works is to simply
> de-compile the database.
> I STRONGLY suggest you try that next time....
> virtually ANYTIME I receive a dr. Watson error, I enter my database, (hold
> down shift key to prevent any startup code).
> I noted that VERY often after a Dr. Watson error, the code is corrupted, and
> a de-compile is near must do when this occurs...
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com

Hi Albert,
In reviewing my notes, I did do a decompile/recompile, but not
immediately.  I use a little .bat file I keep handy to do this.  I
didn't include it in my description above, which I should of, because
it didn't seem to make a difference at the time.  What was surprising
to me was the fact that even starting over with a brand new database
with only a single form and only one line of code, I still recevied
the error, so I concluded that something had happened with the Access
program itself.  I had several backups of the same database before the
corruption, and they had the same error also when I tried to run
them.  I agree with you that if a decompile/compile of the database
would had fixed it, that is much better than unintalling/installing
In my case though, this seemed to be the only thing that corrected the

event error 1000
Hi all I got this message pop up my screen the other day. No reason why it should appear, no issues with exchange 2K or Active Directory but would like to know what it means Faulting application maildsmx.dll, version 6.0.6603.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.7006, fault address 0x0004b21d. Can anyone advise?? Simon On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:16:10 -0700, "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >I got this message pop up my screen the other day. No reason why it should >appear, no issues with exchange 2K or Active Directory but...

HQ Error
I just upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I was using SO v1.3 for one store with RR Fashion Bundle Add-In. We upgraded to 2.0 while we were adding a new store and the HQ program. After upgrading RMS, the following errors occur when running a worksheet 101 in HQ (I'm almost positive that it's RR add-in that is causing issues): “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [Item Class] SET HQID=0 SELECT @@ ROWCOUNT AS RecordsAffected” “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [ItemClass] with (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemClass].HQID=#updateRs To Table.[HQID] FROM [ItemClass], #UpdateRsToTabl...

XML Serialization of Object
how would i structure a C# class to properly serialize into the following XML Schema <root> <MainItem> <SubItem/> <SubItem/> </MainItem> </root> If i create a property as an array of SubItem objects, then it will add a parent element name "SubItems" plural, which i don't want. thanks I'll give you a solution in VB.NET ;-) Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class Root Private _mainItem As MainItem '========================================================================= #Region &quo...

Outlook (Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5) Inbox retain setting?
I am supporting a compay with various handheld email clients (Blackberry, HTC - Windows Mobile 6, PALM OS) and have had no issues until a user bought a TREO 700wx running Windows Mobile 5. All emails older than 48 hours are being moved to TRASH. He has no PC at all only the phone and he's not in the office for me to look at it. I've walked though things by phone with him and tried chnaging various settings with no success. He's called the provider and they keep telling him to chnage the settings on his PC Outlook (does not exist!) Is there a "retain" setting on the Inb...

Dynamically setting the Sent Items folder
What I'm trying to accomplish is adding an additional field to the new mail form where a user will enter a project number. That field should be used to programatically do one of the following: - set which IMAP folder the sent message should be stored (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) - post a copy of the message to an IMAP folder (eg Shared Folders/Projects/12345A) Creating the custom form was easy. What I'm not sure how to save the outgoing message to an IMAP folder. Some google searching of the newsgroups led me to this: Try setting Item.SaveSentMessageFolder to the desired M...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

How do I set up a payroll spreadsheet will update weekly?
I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how to set up a payroll spreadsheet that uses a formula to update payroll weekly Try this Microsoft link. I think that it is probably what you need. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010843671033.aspx -- Regards, OssieMac "torit" wrote: > I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how to set up a payroll > spreadsheet that uses a formula to update payroll weekly "torit" wrote: > I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how > to set up a payroll spreadsheet that uses a formula > to updat...

Programmatically Copy Fields to CRecordset derived class
Hi, I've got a problem in some old, 16-bit MFC code I'm dealing with. I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically update fields in a recordset from SQL calls I'm making to an older, and incompatible database archive. Basically, I can't just create a recordset on the old data because it's incompatible, and we'd like to avoid having multiple, derived recordset classes. Rather, we'd like to recognize in code that we have an older archive, extract the data with generic SQL calls and populate the matching fields in the new recordset type with something like S...

Object has no reference SCRIPT_CMD_DEREF_TABLE
Hello everyone, I am experiencing the error below when I go to Transactions -> Purchasing -> Request Resolution and then try to create a purchase order. I am using GP vs. 9.0. I would appreciate any help and ideas you can share. Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEREF_TABLE Here are the steps to recreate this issue: - go to Tranacaction -> purchasing -> request resolution - once the screen comes up, select one of the quantities on any item to hightlight. - click the "select vendor"button at the top ...

Error mail router with Exchange server
When i send mail from my CRM it says An unexpected error ocurred ! An error ocurred attemping to dispatch the mail: HTTP:status:400. Mail router or Exchange server? TNK ...

How to set view titles in this scenario.
Hi My application always creates two view on file new, file open . Its a MDI application. I have refered following link. http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3275/ Problem is , when I execute the application, and new document is automatically created. But the both view titles remain same. I want them to be xxx1:1 and xxx1:2 but both of them display xxx1 only. This is not the case when I manually click file->new. How to set the proper view titles here. thanks leee. The link you mentioned does not work. If you are setting titile of MDI child frame, you can...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi there I have a question about Microsoft CRM 1.2. When I open a contact as administrator all works fine. When an employee wants to open the same contact the following error appears: "Microsoft CRM Application Error Report: An unhandled exception occured" "Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Does anyone know a solution for this? TIA Chris ...

Error Message #15
Receiving "no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" when I try to add a graph to a relatively small workbook. The app then locks up and I have to end EXCEL to get out of it. Any thoughts??? sry Have a look at these KB articles. XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q215573 XL97: How to Turn Off Automatic Font Scaling in All Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q292263 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:46:19 -0800, "sry" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Integration Manager 10.0 Error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, Any body have any solution for the Integration Manager for MS Dynamics GP 10.0. I'm receiving an Error when i run Integration Manager Error Message: The Destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I find a hot fix on Microsoft site, HotFix contains only one DLL file and Readme file After applying the hotfix by replacing the DLL Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrantionManager.cbomcommon.dll the Error changed to 'Registration Keys Expired' I did not entered any registration keys Yet. Try the following: 1....

how to notify the user of a certain event from within a NDIS IM?
is it possible to make an interactive notification to the user from within a NDIS IM? i mean something like a baloon in the notification area ("tray"). and, if possible, start an executable if the user clicks the baloon. if yes - how? On Feb 5, 10:46=A0am, Vitalie Vrabie <vitalie.vra...@gmail.com> wrote: > is it possible... i know i can write my own service to poll/callback on the driver and pop up the baloons. but there are chances that such a service already exists in the system and i just have to teach my driver to interact with it. after all, there&...

Event ID 348, MSExchangeTransport, Problems with Exchange 2003 and GroupShield 6
First some messages have the problem "A message could not be virus scanned - this operation will be retried later. Internet Message ID <I-3-728208- 21332045-2-3681-US1-68B848C5@xmr3.com>, Error Code 0x0." In the next step the total CPU load comes to 70% (Dual Xeon, 2.4 GHz). Users lose their connection to the Exchaneg Server. And at the end the VSAPI does no more respond "The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item '' with error 80004005." After 10 minutes every thing is good again and many mails are quarantined in the time between... What...

Upgrade with errors
I just upgraded Office 2003 Pro to Office 2007 Pro on my Vista Ultimate machine and everything went fine except for Outlook. The first time I tried to open Outlook I got an error and it said to run "Setup" again. So, I inserted the CD and ran the "Repair" option. This resolved the opening of Outlook, but now hardly anything is accessible or functioning, e.g., Send/Receive, New message, Reply, etc... When clicking on any of those items I get an error: "Not implemented". Another error I get in "Options" for some items is: "An OLE registration e...

Error setting up online accounts
I am trying to set up MS money to download my mortgage acct activity. My bank is listed as having online services available but when I click on the link(from money), to set it up, it starts the process and then I get an error which says something about money not beinag able to contact the bank and to check my internet connection? My connection is fine. I have MSM 02. Any suggestions? ...

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

How do I insert OLE objects attached to a form in a report?
I need to insert a particular photo (OLE object) with a particular item in a report. I have attached the photo in the form correctly, but cannot figure out how to get it on the report. Help! If you are using an OLE field for your photos in your actual table so that they are stored in your databse then you just add a Bound Image control to your report from the Toolbox and change the Control Source to your OLE field. If you want to store your photos in a separate foldet then: In your table add an ImagePath field which contains the file path to your image and an ImageName field which conta...

Outlook Today Settings
When I start Outlook it opens in the window "Outlook Today". Here I can view upcoming events and appointments and summaries of emails (how many, unread, etc.). How can I change the settings so that it displays more events further into the future? Currently it only seems to display events a few days ahead. Thanks. Hi Snapper, How to customize "Outlook Today"? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooktoday.htm How to find information about how to customize the Outlook Today page in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics...

setting up tax tables in RMS
I have a client who has special tax needs. $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25 $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75 $3201- and above is taxed at 7% so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I set this up in RMS? Help! Thanks Andrea Andrea, Create 3 Sales Taxes. Sales Tax 1 Minimum Taxable Amount = None Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99 Tax Rate = %9.25 Sales Tax 2 Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99 Tax Rate = %9.75 Sales Tax 3 Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = None Tax Rate = %7 Assign all of these taxes to one...

Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system
Hello All! People might find this interesting Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system Thursday, 1 July 2010 10:17 UK The bug affects well-established Windows XP operating system . Hi-tech criminals are "escalating" attacks on an unpatched bug in the Windows XP help and support system. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10473495.stm -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not James Silverton wrote: > Hello All! > > People might find this interesting > >...

How to build a XMLDocument Object with embedded schema?
Hello. How to build a XMLDocument Object with embedded schema? Would you mind to give me some simple example, or point to somewhere to learn about such a technique? Thanks a lot William ...

How do I set accounts in Outlook 2007 to receive hotmail accounts.
I have been receiving my MSN email on Outlook using Verizon DSL and a verizon/MSN program. Last week, verizon dropped the MSN service (I still have an MSN hotmail account), and I can no longer receive my MSN email on Outlook. E-mail is still there on Windows Live, but I hate Windows Live. When I called Verizon, they told me that Microsoft had blocked all hotmail accounts on Verizon. This seems too incredible to be true. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is Microsoft really blocking hotmail accounts on Outlook? The easiest way to download emails from Hotmail is to us...