List box populate based on combo box

  • Follow

I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
the selection.

I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
contains the column names but no records.

Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
be simple.

Thanks :(
0
Reply Utf 3/31/2010 12:19:01 AM

Warman wrote:
>I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
>selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
>the selection.
>
>I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
>contains the column names but no records.
>
>Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
>lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
>be simple.
>
>Thanks :(

Post your code.  If all you're doing is trying to filter the contents of the
listbox at runtime, then you should be able to use this:
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm

Reply PieterLinden 3/31/2010 12:26:38 AM

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:19:01 -0700, Warman <Warman@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
>selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
>the selection.
>
>I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
>contains the column names but no records.
>
>Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
>lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
>be simple.
>
>Thanks :(

A combo box will not "generate" a listbox. Your question is unclear; what is
the SQL view of the query? What are the RowSources of the combo and the
listbox? How are you selecting "three fields" from a combo (since a combo can
have only one value)? Do you have any VBA code or macros (e.g. requerying the
listbox in the combo's afterupdate event)?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com
0
Reply Utf 3/31/2010 8:19:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.062 seconds)