Link form to table

hello all,

i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
sent to the table. How is it done?

thnx

0
bretta

Select the table in the navigation pane. Now go to the ribbon and click on
the Tab [Create] and choose Form. This will create an automatic form based on
your table. The table is linked to your form. Anything you enter in the for
will be stored in the table automatically.
--
Maurice Ausum

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:22:52 GMT, "bretta" <u59251@uwe> wrote:

>hello all,
>
>i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
>customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
>a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
>however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
>insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
>sent to the table. How is it done?
>
>thnx

Use the table - or, better, a query based on the table - as the form's
Recordsource.

There is an "Auto Form" wizard if you open the table in design view, it should
give you a starting point.

You might want to look at some of these resources; Crystal's tutorial video
would be a good start:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
1

Maurice wrote:
>Select the table in the navigation pane. Now go to the ribbon and click on
>the Tab [Create] and choose Form. This will create an automatic form based on
>your table. The table is linked to your form. Anything you enter in the for
>will be stored in the table automatically.
>> hello all,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>
>> .

bretta
4/11/2010 2:06:14 PM
HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table.
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>hello all,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>>thnx
>
>Use the table - or, better, a query based on the table - as the form's
>Recordsource.
>
>There is an "Auto Form" wizard if you open the table in design view, it should
>give you a starting point.
>
>You might want to look at some of these resources; Crystal's tutorial video
>would be a good start:
>
>Jeff Conrad's resources page:
>http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>
>The Access Web resources page:
>http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>
>Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
>http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
>
>A free tutorial written by Crystal:
>http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
>A video how-to series by Crystal:
>http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal
>
>MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
>http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

-1
bretta
4/11/2010 2:08:35 PM
On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:22:52 GMT, "bretta" <u59251@uwe> wrote:

>i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
>customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
>a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
>however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
>insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
>sent to the table. How is it done?

This is builtin, automatic, no code, no effort functionality.

Select the table in design view.

Click the AutoForm button on the toolbar.

Bang. You have a form that will let you add data to the table.

Of course you can customize and improve the form but - for what you ask - this
does it for you.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
wrote:

>HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
>able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
>however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
>so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table.
>John W. Vinson wrote:

Why do you need a button?????

What do you want the button to do?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

thnx
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
>>able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
>>however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
>>so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table.
>
>Why do you need a button?????
>
>What do you want the button to do?

bretta
4/12/2010 9:14:35 AM
thnx again john, i was able to do ti. i found the form wizard button which
made it way to easy and simple to do it.

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>I need the button to make the form more user friendly because it will be used
>>by inexperienced users who do not know access so i want to make each function
>>with a button. How can i add buttons that do different things when clicked
>>example add new record?
>
>Open the Form in design view.
>Make sure the Toolbox is visible (it normally will be in design view, and it's
>on the ribbon in 2007/2010).
>Use the Command Button tool.
>
>The toolbox wizard has some common choices (move to new record) available, or
>you can write your own Macro or VBA code in the button's Click event.

bretta

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Open a form in a subform depending on button.
Hi Sorry this is probably really simple but for the lfie of my can't find how to do it. I have a form with three buttons and an Unbound subform. I would like that when I click one of the buttons it opens another form in the currently unbound subform. I can work out how to open a form in another window but I want it to open in the subform. Also If I wanted it to open a query instead of another form in this subform would this change much? Thanks James On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:37:02 -0800, james <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.mySubformControl...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

Links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

how do i set up multi page user form
I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know what to type in visual basic to direct to the different pages Private Sub MultiPage1_Change() End Sub any help would be fantastic. Cheers Hi David You must use Value (0 is the first page) Me.MultiPage1.Value = 0 'Page 1 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Davidrowland88" <Davidrowland88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB7BEE2D-82C4-4443-972E-D4184632B57A@microsoft.com... >I have got this far with setting up a multi page user form but need to know > w...

User Forms #6
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: payroll.ZIP | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4213 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- Runner77 -------------...

email links in Publisher pdf

text box datasource refer to a field in a table
Hi, I am building a report that gives a summary on all purchase order in a period of time. For the report, I have the query set up no problem, but on the report Head, I would like to make it dynamic so that it can display a company name field from another table (not included in the report's datasource). Using the expression builder I got the following: =[company name]!CompanyName [company name] is the name of the table and CompanyName is the name of the field in the table. When I try to run the report, it promps me for a variable, somehow it doesn't recognize that [company name] is a...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

table of content
Using styles (Heading 1, etc) in Word (any version) allows me to create a TOC very simply. I cannot find a way to create a table of content automatically in Publisher (2003), for instance by applying styles. Am I missing something or have they just left out this option? Don't want to create a TOC manually in a 200 page document.... TIA - Rob The bad news is you will have to create the TOC manually. Publisher is a page layout application. Word is better suited for what you are doing. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsof...

CRM form in Offline mode
Hello, in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in offline mode ? It's possible ? My javascript call a webapplication and I don't want to run this code in offline mode. Thanks PAF Is possible:- if (crmForm.IsOnline==true) { \\ do something } -- Peter Lynch <pierre-adrien.forestier@supinfo.com> wrote in message news:1154422406.607505.169070@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > in a form, on the onload event, I would like to know if we are in > offline mode ? It's possible ? > > My javascript call a webapplicatio...