Link form to table

  • Follow


hello all,

i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
sent to the table. How is it done?

thnx

0
Reply bretta 4/9/2010 3:22:52 PM

Select the table in the navigation pane. Now go to the ribbon and click on 
the Tab [Create] and choose Form. This will create an automatic form based on 
your table. The table is linked to your form. Anything you enter in the for 
will be stored in the table automatically.
-- 
Maurice Ausum


"bretta" wrote:

> hello all,
> 
> i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
> customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
> a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
> however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
> insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
> sent to the table. How is it done?
> 
> thnx
> 
> .
> 
1
Reply Utf 4/9/2010 5:04:01 PM


On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:22:52 GMT, "bretta" <u59251@uwe> wrote:

>hello all,
>
>i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
>customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
>a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
>however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
>insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
>sent to the table. How is it done?
>
>thnx

Use the table - or, better, a query based on the table - as the form's
Recordsource.

There is an "Auto Form" wizard if you open the table in design view, it should
give you a starting point.

You might want to look at some of these resources; Crystal's tutorial video
would be a good start:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

-- 

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 4/9/2010 5:27:13 PM

hi Maurice, i tried what u said and it didnt work . it gave me three text
boxes without any button and when i changed the text in the textboxed and
pressed enter nothing was added to the table.

Maurice wrote:
>Select the table in the navigation pane. Now go to the ribbon and click on 
>the Tab [Create] and choose Form. This will create an automatic form based on 
>your table. The table is linked to your form. Anything you enter in the for 
>will be stored in the table automatically.
>> hello all,
>> 
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> 
>> .

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1

0
Reply bretta 4/11/2010 2:06:14 PM

HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table. 
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>hello all,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>>thnx
>
>Use the table - or, better, a query based on the table - as the form's
>Recordsource.
>
>There is an "Auto Form" wizard if you open the table in design view, it should
>give you a starting point.
>
>You might want to look at some of these resources; Crystal's tutorial video
>would be a good start:
>
>Jeff Conrad's resources page:
>http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>
>The Access Web resources page:
>http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>
>Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
>http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
>
>A free tutorial written by Crystal:
>http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
>A video how-to series by Crystal:
>http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal
>
>MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
>http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
>

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1

0
Reply bretta 4/11/2010 2:08:35 PM

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:22:52 GMT, "bretta" <u59251@uwe> wrote:

>i am using ms access 2007 and im still learning it, i want to create a
>customer database (table) and i want to create a form that i can use to enter
>a new customer into the database. i am able to create the customer table
>however i need help regarding how to link the form to the table in order to
>insert the customer Name,Number,Adress etc in the form and to be directly
>sent to the table. How is it done?

This is builtin, automatic, no code, no effort functionality.

Select the table in design view.

Click the AutoForm button on the toolbar.

Bang. You have a form that will let you add data to the table.

Of course you can customize and improve the form but - for what you ask - this
does it for you.
-- 

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 4/11/2010 11:34:12 PM

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:08:35 GMT, "bretta via AccessMonster.com" <u59251@uwe>
wrote:

>HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
>able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
>however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
>so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table. 
>John W. Vinson wrote:

Why do you need a button?????

What do you want the button to do?
-- 

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 4/11/2010 11:34:56 PM

I need the button to make the form more user friendly because it will be used
by inexperienced users who do not know access so i want to make each function
with a button. How can i add buttons that do different things when clicked
example add new record?


thnx
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>HI John thnx for all the resources but i still wasn't able to do  it :S i was
>>able to create a form in design form with adding text boxes and a button
>>however i wasn't able to give the action( needs coding i think) to the button
>>so that when pressed would insert the texts in the text boxes to the table. 
>
>Why do you need a button?????
>
>What do you want the button to do?

-- 
Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com

0
Reply bretta 4/12/2010 9:14:35 AM

thnx again john, i was able to do ti. i found the form wizard button which
made it way to easy and simple to do it. 

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>I need the button to make the form more user friendly because it will be used
>>by inexperienced users who do not know access so i want to make each function
>>with a button. How can i add buttons that do different things when clicked
>>example add new record?
>
>Open the Form in design view.
>Make sure the Toolbox is visible (it normally will be in design view, and it's
>on the ribbon in 2007/2010).
>Use the Command Button tool.
>
>The toolbox wizard has some common choices (move to new record) available, or
>you can write your own Macro or VBA code in the button's Click event.

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1

0
Reply bretta 4/13/2010 5:40:50 PM

8 Replies
14691 Views

(page loaded in 0.078 seconds)


Reply: