How do I stop Access rounding up the figures I enter in to a form

When I enter £13.75 in to the form, it automatically rounds it up to £14. Or
rounds down when under .5. I have gone in to the design view of the form and
changed the properties so that there are 2 decimal places but this has still
not worked.
Can you please help me?

The form stores its data in a table.
Open the table in design view.
Select the field where the data is stored.
Change the Data Type from Number to Currency.

The default number is Long Integer
The integer types store whole numbers only.
Your example looks like you want currency, but the Double size can also
store fractional values.

"Heidihig" <Heidihig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter £13.75 in to the form, it automatically rounds it up to £14.
> Or
> rounds down when under .5. I have gone in to the design view of the form
> and
> changed the properties so that there are 2 decimal places but this has
> still
> not worked.
> Can you please help me?

1
Allen
10/29/2007 3:15:39 PM
Hi Allan
Thanks for responding.

Can you clarify the following for me, I am not sure that I understand your
response. I need to go in the table in Design view and then I change the
default number from Long interger to what value? Sorry if I am being thick!!

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks
Heidi
Hi Heidi,
Just change the DataType from Number to Currency.  Don't wory about the
bottom section.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

Problem accessing Mail Store...
I have a unique problem I hope someone has an answer to. We currently have four Exchange servers in our environment; 2 Front –End’s and 2 Back-End’s all in the same Administrative Group. I RDP into the servers to run routine administrative chores, and up until about two months ago I could access the mail store of any of the server from the Exchange 2003 System Manager on my Windows XP Pro workstation. Recently, I am unable to communicate with the mail store on one of the back-end servers, unless I log into the server itself. Even if I log into one of the other Exchange servers, I ...

Custom task form
Here is what I get after publishing a custom form then trying to open it. I tried technet but no luck. I found one artice that had directions thaqt did not apply to me. "The form you selected could not be displayed. An error occurred registering the form to the OLE registry." Any idea's? I can publish the form fine but when I open it I get this error and am unable to see the form. Thanks ...

stops responding

Two Servers Simultaneous Write Access to Fibre Channel
In a normal configuration, two Windows servers cannot both have write access to a fibre channel logical volume without potentially corrupting the volume. What are the *cheapest* options - using either standard Windows software or a third party file system - that would allow two Windows servers to simultaneously have write access to a single fibre channel volume? -- W Hi W, this will only be possible with some "art" of clustered file systems. There is currently only one from Microsoft available (CSV) which is free but currently ONLY for Hyper-V usage supported. ...

Report problem using Vista and Access 2003
I have Office Pro 2003 and I am running Vista. I am having problems creating and/or opening Reports in Access 2003 for an existing database or a newly created one. When I request a print of an existing report nothing happens. I cannot even see the report in design mode. When I attempt to create a new report with the Wizard it takes me to the very end and then indicates that the process cannot be completed. The design mode will not even display Is there a configuration issue that must be addressed? Just a wild guess: Do you have a default printer set up? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft ...

adding a new record to a table from a form (works in edit mode)
I have a form which shows select field from a table (showing all rows of data), and have 2 buttons , one to edit, one to add. The edit button works perfectly DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_TRA_EditRoute", , , "[anRouteID]=" & Me.Text62.Value, acFormEdit, , True the add button does not. DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_TRA_EditRoute", , , , acFormAdd in edit mode, the form loads up with all of the details (the autonumber correct, the combo boxes drawing in the correct data), however in add mode the autonumber box is just blank (doesn't say "(Autonumber)" like it ...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

Software Asset Management w/ Access
Our company is try to document the software that we use (in addition to updating information about BMPs) and have on file. Essentially, we want to have a way to keep track of all software that is purchased and where it is installed. Has anyone had experience building a database that keeps track of something like this (with the understanding information would be manually entered)? Or would this be better suited to Excel? While our company only has about 25 computers, we have hundreds of pieces of software accumulated over the years with registration codes and the like. Once again, I'm just...

images on a form
Alright I have a db that is pretty basic. It has a First and Last Name field a Title Field and seven YES/NO fields. What I want is that when I run a query on a specific employee name it will pop up a form displaying a photo of the employee and another image or something displaying (basically pass or fail) whether they have completed all test requirements. Meaning that all of the seven YES/NO fields are checked yes. Again, if all of the seven YES/NO fields are check they pass and if not they fail and I would like something to display to say that. I have already figured out how to ...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data?
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? i mean xls not xsl "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDjijGEeFHA.2584@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro > in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and > write to its data? > > Both workbooks are open? workbooks("book1.xls").worksheets("sheet1")...

Accessing Outlook via the comm objects
The applications that I developed to run Outlook via the comm objects are now inoperable due to a security patch issued for Outlook 2000. Given these processes run in the background, I have found no way around the security warning prompt. I suspect this patch has rendered several apps useless and I am wondering if there is a way of identifying "friendly", if you will, external applications that can be ignored by the Outlook security. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and l...

Write Conflict in Access with SQL server Tables
I have a write conflict as described by several others when trying to update or add new information into forms or tables in an access database linked to SQL Server tables through an ODBC connection. The problem happens after I have changed the tables through SQL Server Enterprise manager and then go back to working through Access. I have refreshed the tables in SQL Server, deleted and re-linked the Tables in Access and have even made a new ODBC connection and again re-linked the Tables. Any suggestions? RW Some type of fields will give you trouble with the optimistic locking mecanism ...

Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?
Hi, I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared. The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain. Has anybody come across this issue before? Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig into the code in the custom form? The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM plugin. Thanks! Fin Known issue, dating back t...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

about multithreading locking a resource for access
Hi! Here is some text from e-learning that I find strange. It says: "You can configure locks so that only a single thread may access the resource at a given time or so that a specified number of threads may access the resource simultaneously." Now why on earth would anyone want to lock a resource so that a specified number of threads may access the resource simultaneously. This sound strange becuse that would cause a lot of error whan several threads interfere with each other operation. For example if several threads update an integer in a class you will get a resul...

My email expired on Microsoft Passport. How do I access Money?
Have been accessing Money 2002 through Microsoft Passport for several years, but always 'off-line'. The login email address became inactive when I forgot the password, but since Passport remembered the password, I was always able to access Money off-line. Well, the password has been corrupted, the email address inactive, and I don't know how to access my Money file. Can anyone help me? PLEASE? ...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

POP3 access problem in Outlook XP / Windows XP
Using Outlook XP on Windows XP, when we tried to download mails from POP3 server, it is taking atlease 2 minutes to ask password or to start donloading message. Why is there a 2 minute delay? But the same is taking less than 1 minute in Outlook 97 + Windows 98 combination. This is a long shot, but try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...