How do I stop Access rounding up the figures I enter in to a form

  • Follow

When I enter £13.75 in to the form, it automatically rounds it up to £14. Or
rounds down when under .5. I have gone in to the design view of the form and
changed the properties so that there are 2 decimal places but this has still
not worked.
Can you please help me?
1
Reply Utf 10/29/2007 3:05:04 PM

The form stores its data in a table.
Open the table in design view.
Select the field where the data is stored.
Change the Data Type from Number to Currency.

The default number is Long Integer
The integer types store whole numbers only.
Your example looks like you want currency, but the Double size can also
store fractional values.

"Heidihig" <Heidihig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter £13.75 in to the form, it automatically rounds it up to £14.
> Or
> rounds down when under .5. I have gone in to the design view of the form
> and
> changed the properties so that there are 2 decimal places but this has
> still
> not worked.
> Can you please help me?

Hi Allan
Thanks for responding.

Can you clarify the following for me, I am not sure that I understand your
response. I need to go in the table in Design view and then I change the
default number from Long interger to what value? Sorry if I am being thick!!

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks
Heidi
0
Reply Utf 11/3/2007 3:50:00 PM

Hi Heidi,
Just change the DataType from Number to Currency.  Don't wory about the
bottom section.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Reply ruralguy 11/3/2007 4:12:11 PM

(page loaded in 0.002 seconds)

Reply: