Having a blank, new record for entry when you open a form

  • Follow

I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What I
need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens. I've
tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got Focus.
None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply Dave 5/27/2007 11:22:03 PM

Dave,
   Use the Click event of your button, to open the Payment form... and... go to a New
record.

Private Sub YourButtonName_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPayment"
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
End Sub

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What I need is a
>blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens. I've tried a macro to go to
>new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got Focus. None of those work. Any help will be
>appreciated.

Reply Al 5/27/2007 11:37:12 PM

Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the DataEntry
property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new record.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply Steve 5/28/2007 12:02:59 AM

Works like a charm. Thanks so much.

"Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote in message
> Dave,
>   Use the Click event of your button, to open the Payment form... and...
> go to a New record.
>
> Private Sub YourButtonName_Click()
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPayment"
>    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> End Sub
>
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>

>> --

Reply Dave 5/28/2007 3:01:58 PM

Thanks for your help. This works; however, I'm not able go back to a
previous entry which is a helpful.  I have saved this info for future needs.
Thanks again.

"Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
> Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the
> DataEntry property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new
> record.
>
> PC Datasheet
> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
> Applications
> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>

>> --

Reply Dave 5/28/2007 3:06:45 PM

Another thing you can do is click on the far right navigation button at the
bottom left of the screen. That will take you to a new record.

> Thanks for your help. This works; however, I'm not able go back to a
> previous entry which is a helpful.  I have saved this info for future
> needs. Thanks again.
>
> "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
>> Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the
>> DataEntry property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new
>> record.
>>
>> PC Datasheet
>> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>> Applications
>> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>>

>> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form.
>>>What I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form
>>>opens. I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On
>>>Got Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>>

>>> --

Reply Steve 5/28/2007 3:55:07 PM

> Another thing you can do is click on the far right navigation button at
> the bottom left of the screen. That will take you to a new record.

"What I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form
opens."

Yeh, great solution.

0
Reply Keith 5/30/2007 7:51:36 AM