Having a blank, new record for entry when you open a form

I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What I
need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens. I've
tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got Focus.
None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

Dave,
   Use the Click event of your button, to open the Payment form... and... go to a New
record.

Private Sub YourButtonName_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPayment"
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
End Sub

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What I need is a
>blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens. I've tried a macro to go to
>new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got Focus. None of those work. Any help will be
>appreciated.

Al
5/27/2007 11:37:12 PM
Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the DataEntry
property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new record.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.

Steve
5/28/2007 12:02:59 AM
Works like a charm. Thanks so much.

"Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote in message
> Dave,
>   Use the Click event of your button, to open the Payment form... and...
> go to a New record.
>
> Private Sub YourButtonName_Click()
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPayment"
>    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> End Sub
>
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>

>> --

Dave
5/28/2007 3:01:58 PM
Thanks for your help. This works; however, I'm not able go back to a
previous entry which is a helpful.  I have saved this info for future needs.
Thanks again.

"Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
> Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the
> DataEntry property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new
> record.
>
> PC Datasheet
> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
> Applications
> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form. What
>>I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form opens.
>>I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On Got
>>Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>

>> --

Dave
5/28/2007 3:06:45 PM
Another thing you can do is click on the far right navigation button at the
bottom left of the screen. That will take you to a new record.

> Thanks for your help. This works; however, I'm not able go back to a
> previous entry which is a helpful.  I have saved this info for future
> needs. Thanks again.
>
> "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
>> Open your payment form in design view. Open properties and set the
>> DataEntry property to Yes. Your payment form will always open to a new
>> record.
>>
>> PC Datasheet
>> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>> Applications
>> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>>

>> "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Command Button on my Members Form that opens a Payment Form.
>>>What I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form
>>>opens. I've tried a macro to go to new record on On Open, On Load, and On
>>>Got Focus. None of those work. Any help will be appreciated.
>>>

>>> --

Steve
5/28/2007 3:55:07 PM
> Another thing you can do is click on the far right navigation button at
> the bottom left of the screen. That will take you to a new record.

"What I need is a blank, new record for data entry when the Payment Form
opens."

Yeh, great solution.

0
Keith

Folder Status Does Not Update When New Mail Arrives
Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our network do not have their folders` number of unread items updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. If I click another folder, all the folders have their stauts up to date. This only happens when the Outlook is open, when it is minimized, it works properly. Has anyone go under this before ? Thanks a lot, Rafael. ...

add a record from macro
I have on working table which is all I need two forms doing input as needed one is a start form I input a date value in this box and have several command butons controled by macros all work as needed one macro runs a query to find a matching record against the table if it can not find the date it returns a blank form correctly. I close it then want to add the value to the next record in the date field My problem is I can not seem to transfer by micro or query this value can you help? thanks ...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Open then minimize a form before a report opens
I have a "Deposit Detail" report which pulls data from the "Deposit detail" table based on the Settlement date which is entered in a "Choose Settlement date for report" form. I want to have Access work it so when I open the "Deposit Detail" report, the "Choose Settlement date for report" form opens before the report, allows the user to enter the date they want for the report, minimizes the Choose Settlement date form, then opens the Deposit Detail report, which will then detail all Deposit Details for the Settlement date chosen. I tried ...

Open a new instance
How do I force Excell to open a new instance when I open more then one spreadsheet, instead of just opening another workbook?? Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roger Settle" <RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5a1301c42d58$0007ce20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I force Excell to open a new instance when I open > more then one spreadsheet, instead of just opening > another workbook?? That didn't work. It made it to where I have 2 separate excel i...

outlook 2000 opens mailboxes, but not email
Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Ron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when > trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 > Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman Hourglass stays on screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL to check status shows that Outlook is not responding and I have to end task. Operati...

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed...
I have been using Outlook 2002 since January. About 2 months ago, I suddenly began receiving the following message when viewing attachments or individual responses on newsgroup digests sent to me: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." I have searched for several hours attempting to resolve this. Various suggestions are offered for other versions of Outlook, but I can't seem to find any for Outlook 2002. Clearing the forms cache and restarting outlook doesn't work. Any suggestions? Try renaming frmcache.dat ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Array or controls on a form?
I have a form with an option box containing 8 options for filtering purposes. Option Value 1 represents All Option Value 2 represents Manager Option Value 3 represents Keyworker etc. The controls are named thus - optRole1 lblRole1 optRole2 lblRole2 etc Can I somehow change the names to optRole(1) lblRole(1) optRole(2) lblRole(2) etc so that I can replace code like this If mablnRoleActive(3) Then lblRole3.BackColor = malngRoleBakGnd(3) lblRole3.Caption = mastrRoleCaption(3) Else lblRole3.Visible = False optRole3.Visible = False End ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Opening Specific Workbook
How can EXCEL be made to open a particular Workbook, rather than a blank one? Have your command line shortcut point to that file. See help on "startup switches" OR store the file in your XLSTART folder OR store the file in the folder designated at Tools>Options>General "at startup open files in" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:06:33 -0700, "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote: >How can EXCEL be made to open a particular Workbook, rather than a blank >one? > ...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

Ex5.5
Server1 is current MTA and DirRepl bridgehead server in SiteA. New Server2 in SiteB is to become the new bridgehead. Sites C,D,E.. have a single DirRepl connector to Server1 in SiteA. X.400 MTA's created and working fine on Server2/Site2 We are relatively small so DirRepl connectors currently config'd for always. There can only be one DirRepl connector in SiteC. I can't just add a 2nd pointing to SiteB then delete the old one. But when I delete the old one SiteC loses GAL and the other sites have to update to reflect that it is gone before I can add the new connector. Takes...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Money 2002 opens very slowly! Started few days ago!!! HELP
Hi to all, I have problem with Money2002. It is full with data from last year and until few days ago everything was ok. In average it would took about 3-5sec for MsMoney to open all the data, but since yesterday I need to wait app 10- 15sec for MsMoney to open. I tried everything but no luck. Anybody have a clue what this could be. Thanks in advance Is 15 seconds really that long to wait? What other programs and data have you installes/saved in the last year. Is your drives getting full? In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: > >I have problem with Money2002. It is full with...

Unbound subfroms or datasheet forms
I'm sorry to bother you guys with probably one of the most obious questions in Access. but here it goes. I already see the advantages of working with forms with unbound recordsets, like adding records, modifying, deleting and so on. What's bugging me is that I dont know how to apply this principle for forms showing multiple records. Is there a way to implement adding records via disconnected recordsets in forms in datasheet view? I'm I making any sense? Thank you guys so much in advance for any help on this -- Rolando On Dec 11, 9:44 am, Rolando <Rola...@discussions.m...

When I open a new page, I get background with small boxes?
Recently, when I started opening a new page, in Word, I am getting a bcakground on the page, like a table, with 52 columns across and more down. Very much like graph or grid paper. How can I get rid of this? Depends on the Word version - for Word up to 2003, turn off the grid from the Drawing toolbar > Draw > Grid For Word 2007 - insert or select a shape, then from the drawing tools > format > arrange > align > uncheck 'view gridlines'. In any version, the following macro will toggle the gridline display on/off Sub ToggleGridlines() Options.Display...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

>>>Live Chat
On October 4, 2007, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host an Open Forum Live Chat. In this chat, our experts will take questions on any Microsoft Dynamics RMS topic. If we get a high volume of questions during the Open Forum chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within the chat timeframe. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the using page.http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using Si...

New Update - CCNA BSCI ARCH CCIE-SEC
More downloads for you !!! >>> Hello, Below is the list of files recently got posted at http://CertCityForum.com If you have trouble accessing the download link then please refer to Forum rules - http://certcityforum.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html 640-801 - 836 Questions - 6/6/2006 Cisco Certified Network Associate ******************************************* 642-801 - 687 Questions - 6/6/2006 Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) ******************************************* 642-871 - 260 Questions - 6/6/2006 Designing Cisco Network Services Architecture ************...

new e-mails automatically going to archive?!?!
I have two users on a terminal server that noticed their newer e-mails had automatically gone to a PST. That is, it would leave e-mails in folders under the "Inbox" that were older than 6 months but it would move the e-mail from 6 months ago to present to a PST file. The PST file just so happens to be the PST file that is setup as their autoarchive. It also just so happens that autoarchive is supposed to archive e-mail _older_ than 6 months... I don't even see an option to archive something from a certain time ago to the present. Where should I start to look for this p...