Drag and Drop from Email

Hello All,
I have a user that gets a lot of emails (Outlook) with pictures
attached and I need to give her the ability to drag the picture from
an email into a form.
I already have an Outlook database setup to house the personal
information that goes with the picture (Name, DOB, FilePath to
Picture, Address...)

I would like to create a small pop-up form that the user could drag
the file to and then when it is dropped on the form, open a another
small form that would request some basic info like first name, last
name and date of birth. Once the user has entered that info I would
like to save the file to a network directory using the name and DOB
information for the file naming convention. I can figure out most of
the other stuff, I just have never worked with drag and drop before.
So I don't know how to capture the "drop" event or how to get and save
the file information.

jgeniti

Converting emails from Windows Outlook 2003 to OS X Entourage
Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! You need to restate the question in the post. It gets truncated in the title. "Desperate!!" wrote: > Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! > ...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

2007 How do I copy emails to CD?
-- Lee Jeffries Insuramax, Inc. Louisville, KY 40 Users,TAM 9.3, fax@dvantage6.2, ETFile4.3 "Lee Jeffries" <leej@insuramax.com> wrote in message news:%2382Z1SSCJHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Nothing Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question, not just in the subject line. Thank you. Posted here almost once a day: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH ...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

unwanted background in received emails
I am about to pull my hair out! I am using Outlook XP on a Windows XP machine. All of a sudden every email I receive from multiple users comes in with a gray background. Even if I send an email to myself and the background looks white in the email I send, it still shows up gray when I open the email. How do I stop this? What's interesting is if I change my Mail Format option within Outlook to send plain text emails, this does not happen. It seems to happen if the option is HTML or Rich Text. However, it's a little unrealistic to have everyone who sends me an email change to t...

my email address
hi ispossible to call you This is only a Newsgroup / Discussion Board forum. No phone calls. Please post your problem including complete error messages if you have any, and refer back for answers and assistance. "sanyang" <saihturadu@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:#DqSi7elKHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hi ispossible to call you "sanyang" <saihturadu@hotmail.co.uk> kirjutas s�numis news:%23DqSi7elKHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hi ispossible to call you hi "sanyang" <saihturadu@hotmail.co.uk> wrote ...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

Filter email from malicious sender
Situation: Ex employee is sending email spoofed to look like it is sent from one of our HR reps. He is sending to random people in the organization. Need: Ability to have the email redirected to specific account and not reach the intended recipient. i.e. have the email redirected/forwarded to a certain account (legal or HR) and block the email from being delivered to original intended recipient. I don't think Exchange can do this without addition of a thrid party solution. If true, can anyone direct me to a package that can do this? There might be a few ways of doing this dep...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

email #43
can email be retrieved after it has been sent >-----Original Message----- >can email be retrieved after it has been sent >. >Yes open that email in sent item. Then go to Action and choose "Recall this message" option. Only if you are using an Exchange server on the backend. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: njsail420 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | can email be retrieved after it has been sent ...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

Outlook displays delayed email
Hi all, I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for the past few weeks. Hope you guys could help me. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have an IMAP account. The total size of all emails is ~580MB. This is the problem: When someone sends an email, the email is received on the email server. Outlook takes a few hours to display emails (despite clicking on Sending/Receiving button several times). However web mail displays it immediately. Yesterday, the latest email for the past 2 weeks have suddenly disappeared but the old emails are still there. Emails are still on the s...

How to parse out customer email addresses?
I don't see where the email address is available in any of the reports (including crystal report fields) such that I can dump all of the available customer email addresses to a file to build an email distribution list. Any ideas? Thanx! -=RFM=- hitman, If you are the M$ support plan, there is a Customer List with Email address report in CustomerSource. http://tinyurl.com/42qqo -- * "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD42FC6B-A9CD-4F77-A110-DE6AEB41572B@microsoft.com... I don't see where the email address is available in any ...

lost emails 02-09-10
Hi, this is an interesting one (i think). I am contracted to a dpt, when i arrived i was directed to use a drive to store my .pst files on. Turns out it was the wrong drive as it has limited capacity. I have been dragging emails into these folders for the last 6 weeks not knowing that they were not sticking, as the drive is full!!! When i drag them there i can see them, but when i restart outlook they are gone. I received no warning etc, but now i cannot find 6 weeks of emails. The destination drive has since been reconfigured, but i still do not have those 6 weeks of emails. Thi...

how do I set up a header or a footer in the dropping down menu to.
I am trying to set up a footer that I can use throughout many workbooks, just not the sheets. Is there a way do this by setting it up as a predetermined footer or header in the drop down menu You can use a template for new workbooks and new sheets that includes the headers and footers you want. See Help for more information. But this will affect only new workbooks and worksheets, not existing ones. For them, you'll have to change each one manually. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:05 -0700, Chrisanna <Chrisanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a footer that ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Setting up Email alerts in Outlook 2002
How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. Thanks David Hi David Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Check the required box(es) under 'When new items arrive' K "David" <dcpouzar@ediplungerlift.com> wrote in message news:035401c3c4da$ce365e10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. > > Thanks > David > ...

Having problem with spoofing email

activity of an email account
Is there any way to know whether an email account is active (it used to be). Best regards, Eiichiro Kazumori hba2pd <hba2pd@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way to know whether an email account is active (it used > to be). Where is the email account? On a server within your organization or on some external server? -- Brian Tillman It is from an external server. Thank you. On 1$B7n(B25$BF|(B, $B8a8e(B10:10, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > hba2pd<hba...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Is there any way to know whether an email ...

Trying to drop MSCRMDistribution table
I'm trying to delete the CRM tables from SQL, but keep getting "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication.". I ran sp_removedbreplication against all of them, and I was able to delete the first three, but the MSCRMDistribution table is still there. The database icon in Enterprise Manager does not have a hand underneath, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. How can I drop this table? In case anyone is wondering why I'm doing this, I attempted to install CRM earlier this week, but things went astray with the IIS setti...

Junk email filtering
When using Exc 2003 and Outlook 2003 junk mail filtering works when deliver new email is set to mailbox - however, when it is set to personal folders it no longer works? Is this because when you use mailbox the message stays on the exc server and when you use personal folders it removes it from the exc server? Is there anyway to apply the filer to personal folders? Thanks -Ian ...

Moving email to the Calendar folder in OWA results in vanished email
A user has moved a number of important emails to their Calendar folder using OWA. In Outlook 2003 this results in creating an event with the emails as content. Apparently in OWA the emails simply vanish when you do this. To reproduce this issue you simply right click an email, select the Calendar folder and click the Move button. The email vanishes, no event is created and I can find no way to retrieve the email. Thankfully we have brick-level backups, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has discovered a way to address this or where the email actually goes. On 2 Oct 2006 13:47:09 -07...