Displaying Records In A Continuous Form

  • Follow

I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
make this happen.
--
Thank You,
Walt

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:18:01 -0800, Walt <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
>records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
>be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
>looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
>make this happen.

AllowAdditions = False will do this. Set it back to True in the add record
button's click event.

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

You could try setting the property of the form to "Allow additions" to No.
Behind your button to add a record you could start with the option
me.allowadditions=true and from that point on decide what should happen next.

just a thought
--
Maurice Ausum

"Walt" wrote:

> I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
> records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
> be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
> looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
> make this happen.
> --
> Thank You,
> Walt
0
Reply Utf 3/1/2010 10:20:01 PM

Thank you Maurice and John.  That worked just fine.
--
Thank You,
Walt

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:18:01 -0800, Walt <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
> >records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
> >be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
> >looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
> >make this happen.
>
> AllowAdditions = False will do this. Set it back to True in the add record
> button's click event.
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .