Displaying Records In A Continuous Form

I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
make this happen.
--
Thank You,
Walt

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:18:01 -0800, Walt <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
>records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
>be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
>looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
>make this happen.

AllowAdditions = False will do this. Set it back to True in the add record
button's click event.

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

just a thought
--
Maurice Ausum

"Walt" wrote:

> I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
> records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
> be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
> looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
> make this happen.
> --
> Thank You,
> Walt
Thank you Maurice and John.  That worked just fine.
--
Thank You,
Walt

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:18:01 -0800, Walt <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I know this is easy, but how can I make a continuous form display only active
> >records without a new record at the bottom?  I would like the new record to
> >be available only after the "Add Record" button has been selected.  I've
> >looked at all of the form properties, and there isn't an obvious choice to
> >make this happen.
>
> AllowAdditions = False will do this. Set it back to True in the add record
> button's click event.
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

find all records in date field
How do I find all records for a field "Birthdate" for particular month Use a query, and in the "Criteria" box, put this (change dates to suit, and use the normal format for your location, eg 12/25/2009 instead of 25/12/2009) Between #01/01/2009# and #25/12/2009# Phil, London "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E8ECAAA-D7DA-4F65-8ED7-80C4AEE28963@microsoft.com... > How do I find all records for a field "Birthdate" for particular month SELECT * FROM YourTable WHERE Month(BirthDate) = [Enter the...

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Record Does Not Show If No Detail
I have a table with client names and another table with the family members of the client. Those are connected via a relationship. I have a query to generate a list of only those clients who are active as of a certain date. If I create a report using the wizard, not including the family members every record shows up on the report. If I create a report including the family members (which show up in the detail section of the report design), only the records for clients who have family members appear. On this generated report, the client will not appear if he does not have any f...

Continuous forms on tabbed form?
I have a main form which has a tabbed control. On the tabbed control I want to display a subform as a Continous form but even though I have set the property to Continuos form the subform shows as a single form. Does this mean that I can'tshow a Continuos Form as a subform on a tabbed main form? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 Tony, Yes, you can use a continuous subform on a tab object. ...

Form Advise
Thanks for the reply Doug.Would I do this with 3 seperate command buttons?, if not I am unawareof the code required. If I do use command buttons how does this workwith setting the properties for the form. I mean if I set the from toallow no additions how will this work when I click the command buttonto add a record,?. I'm suggesting that you have a button that resets the form's properties. A toggle button might be best: allow changes when it's depressed, and don't allow them when it's raised.In your form's Load event, you'd put code like: Me.MyToggleButton = FalseI...

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Forms 06-20-07
Help Guys I have 2 textbox controls on a form The first textbox displays a Transaction Date from a table called sales Now I want the second box to show the Total count of products on that date and before am using the following expression =DCount("[ProductsCode]","Products","[DateIn]"<= "[Date]","Sales" where datein is a field inthe Products table that I want to use as reference for the counting What am I doing wrong and how can I get the total count of the products using the date textbox? I want when I select a date in the Date text...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Deleting custom forms in Outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000, I need to delete some custom forms. I have a QUE manual that says to go to Tools>Options>Other tab>AdvOptions>CustomForms>ManageForms, etc. but there is no Custom Forms button on my Outlook 2000. Is there some other way to delete these custom forms? Thank you. ...

records before 6 months
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? Basically I have a date field and I need to select records older than 6 months from the current date. So today is 03/29/10. I would need all the records BEFORE 10/29/09. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Himansu On Mar 29, 2:24=A0pm, "Himansu" <himansu...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? > Basically I have a date field and I need to select records > older than 6 months from the current date. =A0So today is...

User Form when opening
I want to have a "OK or Cancel" type box with some text when I start my spreadsheet. I would like the box to be on worksheet 1 with the actual text on worksheet 2. When the user clicks "OK", it goes to worksheet 2, "Cancel" will close Excel. You can use form buttons and macros to accomplish this. 1.Right click on the toolbar and selects the forms toolbar. Click on "Button" and draw a button. When the dialog box comes up select record and then OK. 2.Go to sheet two and then hit the stop button. That button will now take you to that sheet ...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...