Custom menu items "greyed out" - disabled

I have a custom menu bar that I have been using for some time.  I added the
icons for sort ascending and sort descending on the bar and they worked
whenever I wanted to sort a datasheet.  Recently, I noticed that they are
disabled, and nothing I do seems to reactivate them.  Anyone have any ideas
why this happened and how to fix?

TIA
Damon

0
Damon

I answered my own question.  It seems that if your parent form with a
datasheet subform is popup, then the sort functions are disabled (on a
custom menu) - not sure why, but that is the case.  So now I have to make
sure the calling form is made invisible when it calls the form with the
datasheet.  Oh well....

Damon

"Damon Heron" <damon_327@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a custom menu bar that I have been using for some time.  I added the
>icons for sort ascending and sort descending on the bar and they worked
>whenever I wanted to sort a datasheet.  Recently, I noticed that they are
>disabled, and nothing I do seems to reactivate them.  Anyone have any ideas
>why this happened and how to fix?
>
> TIA
> Damon

0
Damon

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

File/Send/Link by Email greyed out
I have Win 7 (upgraded from Vista) and IE 8. On any web page when I click File/Send the options "Link by E-mail" and "Page by E-mail" are greyed out. It worked in Vista. Is there any way I can enable those commands again? Thanks "Niall" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:55AF1874-D5C3-4D24-B38B-03D035D97943@microsoft.com... > I have Win 7 (upgraded from Vista) and IE 8. > On any web page when I click File/Send the options "Link by E-mail" and > "Page by E-mail" are greyed out. It worked in Vista. Is there any...

Permissions Greyed Out
Hi, I have seen this question posted many times, but i have never seen a solution to the problem. The problem is that suddenly from one day to another you cant change the permission on a folder (i am running Exchange). And this applies both to personal and public folders. The only account you can change options for, is the default account. You can see all the other accounts but you can not change their privileges. I found out that it is something in your local profile on the computer, because if you go to another computer or delete the local profile and logon again, the problem is no longer...

Loss connection to Exhange & Folder Properties greyed out
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I know the trick on performing the cache empty via ctrl + click on the mail folder etc.. However, now evidently my cache is full but the menu item &quot;folder properties&quot; is greyed out so I cannot access the tab to go to empty the cache! Anybody that has had this problem? I tried booting etc. with no success... On 2/3/10 12:23 PM, jpouliot@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Email Client: Exchange I kno...

Outlook buttons greyed out/Word Doc locked
Today, while working on a word document ... an error appeared that I cannot modify athe document because it was locked. While this happened, my MS Outlook 2003, also went screwy, by greying out the "reply" "reply to all" "new" buttons. Seems like something disbaled MS office completely, or limited its functionality.. Does anyone have any ideas ...

Greyed out printer Icon
Hello, I have a WinXP Pro machine with Outlook 2002 (Office XP) installed. My printer icon along with some other icons appear greyed out. However, if I open the email (double click it) then I can print it just fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. Any idea? Thanks in advance. Shantanu In article <0c7401c36c19$ac5af450$a001280a@phx.gbl>, shantanu.mondal@compass- usa.com says... > Hello, > > I have a WinXP Pro machine with Outlook 2002 (Office XP) > installed. My printer icon along with some other icons > appear greyed out. However, if I open the...

Greyed out layout options
Hi, I can apply a layout to my page 1, using the "Quick Publicaion Options", and I can change it using the layout suggestions. However, when I create page 2, I cannot get Publisher to apply the layout I am using for page 1, and if I get it to (via Master pageing), I cannot change the layout as I can on page 1. Am I doing something completely wrong? ...

Outlook 2003 Tools->Options and Tools->Customize greyed out
I just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and found that Tools->Options and Tools->Customize are greyed out. Any idea why? -- Hal Berenson, SQL Server MVP True Mountain Group LLC Try a new mail profile. If that does not work, close Outlook and find/rename outcmd.dat to .old. If THAT does not work, right click on the toolbar, select Customize, and hit Reset Toolbars. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Hal Berenson <haroldb@truemountainconsulting.com&...

Status Reason values of task greyed out
Can anyone tell me why the Status Reason values of the Task entity are greyed out? ...

matrix item greyed out
I have a matrix item pulled up in a purchase order and I am unable to make quantity selections because the matrix is greyed out. I checked the item and it is active. Any suggestions ...I have never seen this one. Thanks. ...

print quality settings box greyed out
Hi In the page setup is the print quality setting supposed to be greyed out? The reason I ask is because I am supposed to have all worksheets in my workbook the same print quality or I can't convert it in Adobe Acrobat 6. -- Regards ON2DVD Ph 1300799383 http://www.on2dvd.com.au http://dvdquestions.com.au Certain settings are unavailable when you access SetUp from the Print Preview window. Start from <File> <Page SetUp>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ======================...

Zoom Feature under Tools is greyed out
I have a large excel document consisting of multiple pages pulling info from a dde server. I am trying to zoom the display, which I have always beeen abe to do. Today the zoom button is greyed out. I checked the protection and the document is not protected. Any ideas? Thanks Just a wild guess. Maybe something bad happened to those icons on the toolbars. Can you reset them? (You'll have to rebuild anything you customized.) tools|customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menubar click the Reset button (that gets the View|zoom... option (not tools|zoom) Do the same for the Standa...

why are my attachments greyed out??!!
Why is it that everytime someone e-mails me, I don't even have th option of saving the attachment. I can't even view the pictures m brother is sending me. Anything that is an attachment is just grey whe I click the paperclip. I've never had this happen before. PLEASE HELP! Feel free to e-mail responses (if I can get them!!:mad:.) Thanks Jeffie and Kell ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow....

Paste function is greyed out in the toolbar and I can't use ctl V
Hello, I have a problem the my paste function. Whenever I copy (copy seems to work ok with the marquee and selection process) and then try to paste the data into another cell, it won't let me. the Paste function is greyed out. The worksheet is unprotected and I'm in Excel 2003. Any ideas. Bob Reynolds ...

Rotate tool is greyed out
OS X10.4.11 Word 2004 11.5.6 I want to rotate an object (.jpg file) that I dragged into Word from an Entourage email. I selected the object but the rotate tool and its options are greyed out. What is the problem? Since it's Word 2004, the following info. from Word Help applies: ------------------------- I can't rotate a picture. When you insert a picture in Microsoft Word, by default the picture is inserted inline with the text in the document. In order to rotate a picture in Word, you must change the text wrapping options for the picture. Select the picture you w...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

In POS 2.0 Under Reports the Custom is Greyed out
Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there someway to activate this feature? The custom option is for the custom reports that you write. "Brad D" wrote: > Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? > I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there > someway to activate this feature? I am needing a custom report. I guess I am needing some insite into how to write them and where to save them. "tommyv...

Cannot "X" out of Excel
One of my end users is having a problem with Excel. When he opens the program he can work with any files and close the files within the software, but if he trys to "X" out of the program at the upper right hand corner, that "X" is greyed out. This happens with every worksheet he opens. He can however hit "file" - "exit" and get out of the program, but why is that "X" at the top greyed out? Fix? He told me that he always enables macros when it asks him, could this be a macros deal? Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Popup Insert greyed out
Normally to insert a column I would select the entire column, and then using the popup menu select insert....This would insert another column adjacent to the highlighted column... For some unknown reason the insert command on my popup menu is now showing as grayed out.. Using the same method, but for a row instead of a column works OK I have tried removing Excel totally and reinstalling, however the menu still remains greyed out... Any ideas would be appreciated Thank you Stephen What version of excel are you running? If you're running xl2002+, the worksheet could be protected (to...

"Change Mode" button greyed out....
Why would it be greyed out? Running AD in 2000 Native mode. Ex2k3 on W2k3. The only problem I can see possibly is that and old Ex55 server exists in the group - but it's not running - and I can't get it removed.... you won't be able to change mode until that old 5.5 server is gone... "Paul MacFarlane" <pmacfarlane@mullenlaw.com> wrote in message news:uwFHuYWiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Why would it be greyed out? > > Running AD in 2000 Native mode. > Ex2k3 on W2k3. > > The only problem I can see possibly is that and old Ex55 server ex...

print option greyed out on menu
My print option is greyed out on the drop-down menu. I have a printer installed. The document will print by clicking on the toolbar icon. I can't select a printer through the menu A couple of posibilities -- a macro has turned off the menu choice, some third party add-in influencing things (a part called Trade Station was known to grey out the right- click menu), printer driver issue, etc. Start by launching excel in safe mode (Start->Run- >Excel /s) Does the menu choice appear now? I'm assuming this is for any workbook and not a particular one. http://support.micros...

PDF Option Greyed out in GP6.0
I have a user that is attempting to send a report as a PDF but when they select "send to" they see two options: 1. Mail Recipient (Text) 2. Mail Recipient (PDF) The "text" option is active but the "PDF" is greyed out. The user has PDF writing capabilities on their system, so I assume it is a GP configuration setting but I'm not sure where to correct. Any suggestions? Thanks Jeff... I have had this problem in the past - I think there is a compatability issue with Adobe 6 - I created my adobe as a named printer to work around it Hope this helps Glor...

Outlook 2003 cached mode greyed out from MST ... can't undo it..
I originally setup an MST file that didn't allow users to change the Outlook Cached More settings. I recently changed my mind about this, for Outlook users on a slower WAN link. The thing is, I have deployed Office 2003 via GPO. Redeploying doesn't fix this, nor does uninstalling/reinstalling. The only thing that works, is deleting the user profile on the machine. This is not a good workaround, because it can be quite time consuming to recreate the profile. and the OPS file from the "save my settings" wizard only re-applies that setting that "Greys Out" the cache...

"treat empty cells as" is greyed out in charts
I've upgraded to Office 2007 and opened an Excel workbook from Excel 2000 which contained a number of graphs both on sheets and on tabs of their own. One graph is fine but the others are screwed up because of the way it is treating empty cells or gaps in the data. The radio buttons for "treat empty cells as" is grayed out except for the "zero" option. On the graph that is OK I can choose the option to leave a gap and its fine. Does anyone know why this has happened or how I can correct this? The availability of that setting depends on the chart type. I haven&...

Excel Menus Greyed out
This only happens in Excel XP and a re-install and/or repair don't seem to fix it. All other Office apps are fine. Anyone seen this? Remedy?! ...