Command Button with datasheet view

  • Follow

I have a form with a subform, both default to datasheet views. I want to put
a Print Preview button on the form, but it doesnt show up in the datasheet
view.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Bret
0
Reply Utf 3/24/2010 8:29:02 PM

Bretona10,
    You can create a continuous form that "looks" just like a
datasheet view, but can have button/s in the header/footer.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Bretona10" <Bretona10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form with a subform, both default to datasheet views. I want to
>put
> a Print Preview button on the form, but it doesnt show up in the datasheet
> view.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bret

0
Reply Al 3/24/2010 10:01:57 PM

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:29:02 -0700, Bretona10 wrote:

> I have a form with a subform, both default to datasheet views. I want to put
> a Print Preview button on the form, but it doesnt show up in the datasheet
> view.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bret

Forms are not designed for printing. Reports are.
Create a report that displays the data the way you want it to.
Then open the report from the command button on your form.
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acPreview
will display all the records.

If you wish to just report on the one record displayed on the form,
add a where clause to the above OpenReport code.

Assuming the Unique Field is a Number datatype, then:
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acPreview , , "[RecordID] = " &
Me.[RecordID]

However, if the Unique Field is a Text datatype, use:
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acPreview , , "[RecordID] = '" &
Me.[RecordID] & "'"

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Bretona10,

That would be one of the pitfalls of using datasheet view.  Perhaps creating
a form that *loks like* datasheet view, then you could use a button.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Bretona10" <Bretona10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a form with a subform, both default to datasheet views. I want to put
a Print Preview button on the form, but it doesnt show up in the datasheet
view.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Bret