Close inactive database

  • Follow

Hello All,

How Do I Close a Database Automatically on ones particular computer,
if its been Inactive for more than 10 Minutes.

I'm thinking that the procedure is to use an hidden form, that checks
a users last activity against the system clock, and if its more than
10 mins, it will close the database.

So How do i Achieve this?

any one willing to help me?

regards

Dan
0
Reply dan 11/22/2007 10:52:28 AM

See
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/kickoff.html

Pieter

<dan.cawthorne@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> How Do I Close a Database Automatically on ones particular computer,
> if its been Inactive for more than 10 Minutes.
>
> I'm thinking that the procedure is to use an hidden form, that checks
> a users last activity against the system clock, and if its more than
> 10 mins, it will close the database.
>
> So How do i Achieve this?
>
> any one willing to help me?
>
> regards
>
> Dan

0
Reply Pieter 11/22/2007 11:55:56 AM

Another good example to learn from is

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=LogUsersOffNonUse.mdb
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault

"dan.cawthorne@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How Do I Close a Database Automatically on ones particular computer,
> if its been Inactive for more than 10 Minutes.
>
> I'm thinking that the procedure is to use an hidden form, that checks
> a users last activity against the system clock, and if its more than
> 10 mins, it will close the database.
>
> So How do i Achieve this?
>
> any one willing to help me?
>
> regards
>
> Dan

0
Reply Utf 11/22/2007 12:38:00 PM

On 22 Nov, 12:38, Daniel Pineault
<DanielPinea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Another good example to learn from is
>
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=LogUsersO...
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
>
> "dan.cawtho...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > Hello All,
>
> > How Do I Close a Database Automatically on ones particular computer,
> > if its been Inactive for more than 10 Minutes.
>
> > I'm thinking that the procedure is to use an hidden form, that checks
> > a users last activity against the system clock, and if its more than
> > 10 mins, it will close the database.
>
> > So How do i Achieve this?
>
> > any one willing to help me?
>
> > regards
>
> > Dan

Cheers to the both of you,  I Will have a play,
0
Reply dan 11/23/2007 9:30:33 AM

(page loaded in 0.055 seconds)

Reply: