Can't edit a Bound Textbox

  • Follow

This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound to a
table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing here?
0
Reply Utf 7/29/2007 7:18:02 PM

Is the field to which the textbox is bound an autonumber field?
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound to
> table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing
> here?

0
Reply Ken 7/29/2007 8:02:07 PM

Do you get an error message when you try to edit the data? Do you see a
message on the Status bar when you try to edit the data? Is the control in a
subform? Tell us more details about the form's setup.

--

> It's a Text field in a table.
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Is the field to which the textbox is bound an autonumber field?
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound
>> > table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing
>> > here?

0
Reply Ken 7/30/2007 5:36:07 PM

Sounds to me as if the field name in the textbox's Control Source is not
actually in the table. What is the string that is in the textbox's Control
Source property? What is the name of the textbox? What are the names of the
fields in the table?

--

> No error messages or messages in the status bar.  The control is not in a
> sub
> form.  It is a simple form with a textbox that's bound to a text field in
> table.  When I type in the textbox nothing happens at all.  It receives
> focus, so it's not behaving like it's disabled, however nothing happens
> when
> I press any alpha numeric keys.  However the following text appears in the
> textbox at all times:
> #Name?
>

> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Do you get an error message when you try to edit the data? Do you see a
>> message on the Status bar when you try to edit the data? Is the control
>> in a
>> subform? Tell us more details about the form's setup.
>>
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message