Can't edit a Bound Textbox

This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound to a
table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing here?

Is the field to which the textbox is bound an autonumber field?
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound to
> table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing
> here?

0
Ken
7/29/2007 8:02:07 PM
Do you get an error message when you try to edit the data? Do you see a
message on the Status bar when you try to edit the data? Is the control in a
subform? Tell us more details about the form's setup.

--

> It's a Text field in a table.
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Is the field to which the textbox is bound an autonumber field?
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is a very basic question.  Why can't I edit a textbox that's bound
>> > table?  AllowEdit is set to Yes, and Enabled = Yes.  What am I missing
>> > here?

0
Ken
7/30/2007 5:36:07 PM
Sounds to me as if the field name in the textbox's Control Source is not
actually in the table. What is the string that is in the textbox's Control
Source property? What is the name of the textbox? What are the names of the
fields in the table?

--

> No error messages or messages in the status bar.  The control is not in a
> sub
> form.  It is a simple form with a textbox that's bound to a text field in
> table.  When I type in the textbox nothing happens at all.  It receives
> focus, so it's not behaving like it's disabled, however nothing happens
> when
> I press any alpha numeric keys.  However the following text appears in the
> textbox at all times:
> #Name?
>

> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Do you get an error message when you try to edit the data? Do you see a
>> message on the Status bar when you try to edit the data? Is the control
>> in a
>> subform? Tell us more details about the form's setup.
>>
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "mfm" <mfm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It's a Text field in a table.

0
Ken

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Price Lower bound
when we were imported our inventory from previous system into RMS we had some items whose price was lower than the cost and we have a trigger to automatically calculate lower bound for product from its cost. when an item whose price is lower than the lower bound how can i set the RMS to automatically use lower bound instead of price. ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

Riche Edit
hi I think this is a simple question for you guys: When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an exeption!?! I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5. My Project is MFC Dialog based. This should work shouldn't it? Thanks Urban "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f47ad41$0$19888$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi > > I think this is a simple question for you guys: > > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the r...

Standard Edition versus Edition 2004
I have Microsoft My Money Standard Edition installed on my PC (WinXP). It came as a part of Ms Works suite 2006. Now I would like to restore the backup file to My Money 2004 editions. But there seems to be a problem, My Money 2004 does not accept the backup files of the Standard Edition. Is the anything I can do in order to make the transfer of the backup file possible? Grateful for your help QV The version of Money in Works 2006 was likely newer than Money 2004. You will need to use a version of Money at least as recent as that which was used to make the backup. "QV" <q...

Change edit Item box
Quick Question, In SharePoint I am trying to change which the edit item box associates with. (Example in my list I have the following Categories Name, Modified Date, Modified by, Document Type, etc...) Currently when I move my mouse over the Name Column, I see the drop down box saying, Check effective permissions Edit Properties Edit in Microsoft Word etc.. How can I change that so when I move the mouse over the Modified By Column that I'll see the same drop down box? You don't, sorry. "Thames" <Bob@bob.bob> wrote in message news:74566AB2...

Editing Templates
I'm needing to edit the templates in Publisher 98 to delete all but the first page in each template. I work in a school and when the students use Publisher they always use a template but usually only have one page, but instead of specifying "print page 1 to 1" they just hit print and it prints out the entire template which really wastes paper. ...

NotInList to requery in a Bound ComboBox
Hi, I have created a blank table and given its name already. I was able to copy the code from the example but it was for a unbound combo box. I am not quite understanding why or how their explanation is about to make it fire for the bound combo box. It is working fine with what I have. But Im hoping to make it easier for the Users. Here is a sample of what is currently in use. ------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Color_NotInList(NewData As String, _ Response As Integer) Dim ctl As Control Set ctl = Me!Color If MsgBox(...

student and teacher edition of outlook
I cant seem to connect to my exchange server through my vpn with this edition. I was able to with outlook 2002. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Notes cannot be edited
Using Outlook 2002, whenever I open a Note, then modify the text of it, then close it, it retains the old text when I view it in the list of notes. Apparently the text cannot be modified, so I have to create a new note with the text as I want it - modified - and delete the first note. Is this so or there some way to change the text of a note and have the changes reflected in the note as it appears in the list of notes? There is virtually nothing about this anywhere in the Help or On-Line support. Thanx. notes should save the edited text as soon as you click off of them or close them....

How can I edit a photo in Publisher 2007
I cannot find the photo editor on my upgraded version. I have MS Publisher 2007 Professional caroljm wrote: > I cannot find the photo editor on my upgraded version. I have MS > Publisher 2007 Professional ============================== When you open a picture you should see the Picture Toolbar. Also...go to...View / Toolbars / Picture -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk Publisher isn't a photo editor but you can do s...