Auto fill form from Combo Box

I have an unbound combo box that I would like to be able to use to auto fill
a for when a choice is made in the drop down. Any help would be appreciated
--
Duffy

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:08:00 -0800, jimauten <jimauten@msn.com> wrote:

>I have an unbound combo box that I would like to be able to use to auto fill
>a for when a choice is made in the drop down. Any help would be appreciated

What's the recordsource for the form? What do you mean by "autofill" - do you
want to copy all of the fields from one table into another table (bad idea!),
find a record on the form's recordsource (use the Combo Box wizard to create a
combo to find a record), copy all the fields from the current record displayed
on the form into a new record on the form, or what?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
1
John
1/30/2008 9:41:04 PM
John,

Thanks for the fast reply. What I have is a drop down that will show all of
my customer's information. What I would like to do is to highlight the
customer and have the information populate the form. THis form is the same
form used to populate the table. I was actually trying not to create another
set of forms for this function
--
Duffy

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:24:06 -0800, jimauten <jimauten@msn.com> wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks for the fast reply. What I have is a drop down that will show all of
>my customer's information. What I would like to do is to highlight the
>customer and have the information populate the form. THis form is the same
>form used to populate the table. I was actually trying not to create another
>set of forms for this function

It *sounds* like what you want is to select a customer from the combo box, and
have the form navigate to (and display) that customer's record - right?

If so, use the Toolbox combo box tool. Be sure the magic wand icon on the
toolbox is selected, and add a new combo. Choose the option "Use this combo to
find a record" or however it's phrased there.

If instead you're trying to create a second record duplicating all of the
information in the combo selected record... please clarify.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

Getting Scroll Position of Dialog Box
Hello, I have a MFC application, which does NOT use Scrollbars to scroll the dialog, but the dialog scrolls using the ScrollWindow function, I was wondering how can I go about getting the x and y co-ordinates of the dialog box right after it has scrolled. I have tried GetScrollPos , but that appears to only work with scrollbars, which my application doesn't use. Any ideas? Sincerely, James Simpson James, If you are scrolling the window, you should already have the position? You might - if this is for some reason impossible - try with GetWindowOrg. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt M...

Comment Box #2
Hi, (Excel 2002, Win XP) Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not show the User name at all in the comment box? I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options but it then defaults to User as defined in Windows. Tx, S Hi See Debra's tip http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > (Excel 2002, Win XP) > Can I set up Excel so that whe...

Print several reports based on criteria in a form
I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums. Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have a clue where to begin. I will do my best to make it coherent. I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs). The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among others. The sbfBids subform is visible all the time. This sub form includes information on the work that is being reques...

pasting text into a text box
For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart text box, (with excel 2007). Is there a trick to this? Gary K. Five minutes with Excel 2007 show that there is no obvious way to paste copied text into the embedded text box. Aren't you glad you upgraded? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gklass" <gmklass@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:1180231963.336906.112430@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart ...

OWA auto login

"Print 1099" prints 1099 forms for non-1099 vendors. (GP10SP3)
When we add a new vendor to GP, we mark the vendor as a 1099 vendor until we know for sure. If it turns out the vendor is not a 1099 vendor, we turn that off when we receive the proper paperwork. Now, when printing 1099 forms from Purchasing -> Routing -> Print 1099, we are finding the GP is printing 1099s for some non-1099 vendors because transactions were entered during the period of uncertainty. I've told the users that, to fix this, they need to mark each vendor as a 1099 vendor, remove the 1099 amounts from the "Vendor 1099 Details" card, mark the vendor as a ...

forms
I have some worksheets that act as forms. I want to protect them as forms and have the fields that require data, I want to make those fields required with some kind of response from the user. Much like they do in Access, and if possible give them some choices for the fields and let them have the option to enter in their own response. Is this possible? Thanks CG, Data - Validation has some good stuff you can use to get drop-down menus with choices, validate (limit to certain values) what's entered, etc. As for requiring an entry, you can use formulas that post messages when informatio...

Auto look through subfolders

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

Auto date

Picture frame box
Hi there, I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy way of adjusting the frame around a picture. On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing the wrap points. This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change. Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways. Thanks in advance Paul wrote: > Hi the...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

Out of the box functionality?
Hello. Every CRM allows for the business scenario of selling goods or one-time services: Customer orders some items we offer, pays for them, we deliver the goods, and the business case is over. But we need to support another business scenario - providing periodically charged services: Customer orders a service, and monthly or annually pays for it. During the lifetime of the ordered service, the customer can change parameters of the service - which may influence the hight of regular payment. Business cases can last for years in this scenario, and till they end, invoices need to be generated, ...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

fill #2
what i want to do is to fill cells automatically everytime there is a change in the name. can anyone help? for example, cell A1 may say Apple then A1230 may say Orange and then A13560 may say Lemon. I want to be able to fill the blanks cells between Apple and Orange with Apple, cells between Orange and Lemon with Orange Hi Select the column / range. Then Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. This will select all of the blank cells in the range. Type = and hit the up arrow and then type Ctrl Enter. To fix these values use Copy then Paste Special / Values on the range. Hope this helps. -- Andy....

Getting combo and subform data current on record
I have two questions:- 1. I have a combo field where the underlying query has a criteria on a date forled of "[Forms]![frmGroupTrips].[GroupTripDate]". If I use the field on the form, the list is not there. If I go into the query via properties and rn it, it retruns the single record I need. When I go back to the form then the record is there in the combo list - but if I go o another record, with another date then it is still there and shouldn't be. Why does the query behind the combo box update based upon the current data? (Or more precisely - how can I get it to do tha...