Auto fill form from Combo Box

  • Follow

I have an unbound combo box that I would like to be able to use to auto fill
a for when a choice is made in the drop down. Any help would be appreciated
--
Duffy
0

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:08:00 -0800, jimauten <jimauten@msn.com> wrote:

>I have an unbound combo box that I would like to be able to use to auto fill
>a for when a choice is made in the drop down. Any help would be appreciated

What's the recordsource for the form? What do you mean by "autofill" - do you
want to copy all of the fields from one table into another table (bad idea!),
find a record on the form's recordsource (use the Combo Box wizard to create a
combo to find a record), copy all the fields from the current record displayed
on the form into a new record on the form, or what?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
1
Reply John 1/30/2008 9:41:04 PM

John,

Thanks for the fast reply. What I have is a drop down that will show all of
my customer's information. What I would like to do is to highlight the
customer and have the information populate the form. THis form is the same
form used to populate the table. I was actually trying not to create another
set of forms for this function
--
Duffy

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:08:00 -0800, jimauten <jimauten@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >I have an unbound combo box that I would like to be able to use to auto fill
> >a for when a choice is made in the drop down. Any help would be appreciated
>
> What's the recordsource for the form? What do you mean by "autofill" - do you
> want to copy all of the fields from one table into another table (bad idea!),
> find a record on the form's recordsource (use the Combo Box wizard to create a
> combo to find a record), copy all the fields from the current record displayed
> on the form into a new record on the form, or what?
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Reply Utf 1/30/2008 10:24:06 PM

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:24:06 -0800, jimauten <jimauten@msn.com> wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks for the fast reply. What I have is a drop down that will show all of
>my customer's information. What I would like to do is to highlight the
>customer and have the information populate the form. THis form is the same
>form used to populate the table. I was actually trying not to create another
>set of forms for this function

It *sounds* like what you want is to select a customer from the combo box, and
have the form navigate to (and display) that customer's record - right?

If so, use the Toolbox combo box tool. Be sure the magic wand icon on the
toolbox is selected, and add a new combo. Choose the option "Use this combo to
find a record" or however it's phrased there.

If instead you're trying to create a second record duplicating all of the
information in the combo selected record... please clarify.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Reply John 1/30/2008 11:35:28 PM

(page loaded in 0.045 seconds)