attendance record for Sunday school only

need a simple attendance record for Sunday school only, thank you

"sunday school attendance" <sunday school
attendance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> need a simple attendance record for Sunday school only, thank you

The simplest way to do this would be to use Excel. Create a sheet for each
class, with the student names down the left, and the dates across the top.

It is possible to create an attendance application in Access, but doing it
properly is not 'simple.' You need to define:

a) the students, teachers/workers
b) the classes
c) which students are in which classes
d) the dates when they meet.
e) the attendance of each student in each class on each date.

That's a minimum of 5 tables, and their relationships, and the forms and
subforms, and the reports that print out.

Allen

From Command button, Find records beginning with ID#
ID# is the primary key. I have a form where you can enter an ID and the Command button finds the record that is equal to the ID. This uses stLinkCriteria (through the wizard). What I really want is for all the records beginning with the ID entered to be available on the form. I can't make an 'Or' condition work with the stLinkCriteria and that may be because I'm still in early learning process. I can change the condition to be > than the ID and that works fine, except it does not show the record the person actually entered; it begins with the next record. I thou...

Attendance Spreadsheet
I created a drop down list of children's names and plaeced the list under every month of the school year. I need a formula that will discern a child's name from the drop down list and count the number of present days ("P") and the number of absent days ("A") for each month. From there I can sum the months to get the total for the year. Hope someone can help! -- -PigFox Assuming you have this drop-down selector box in A2, names listed in A5:A100, Ps or As from B5:AF100 (to accommodate 31 days), and you want the count of Ps in B2 and As in C2, th...

Credit Card Records
Does anyone know how to save credit card information? -- Thanks so much, Deb search the newsgroup. there has been plenty of info regarding this recently. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC16624-A3A8-48A1-9B25-23305A821D92@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to save credit card information? > -- > Thanks so much, > Deb http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/CardVault.htm ...

Timed recordings
I'm just about to start building my own media PC, which will primarily serve as a receiver and recorder for digital TV - both from satellite and terrestrial. I'm in the UK, but as the UK newsgroup for Media Center is rather quiet, I thought I'd seek help from both groups. I hope you don't mind the cross-posting. I can't remember the correct terminology, but our broadcasters send some sort of control signal along with the broadcast which indicates the precise start and stop times of each programme (this is in addition to the usual programme guide). It i...

Get count of records for a particular month and year
I have a column with date records and I need to find out how many records/month/year. can anyone help me? Thanks. Select your column of date records, then use Data | Pivot table. Click through to the end, then drag the date field button to both the row field and the data field. Then use the Pivot Table button on the pivot table commandbar, and choose group. Then select month or year, and you will get a count of dates within each time period. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "maxtrixx" <maxtrixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3381543A-6880-4F38-8F88-7DC6BBFD4E...

Force post of new record
In Access 2002, I want to have a command button that will force the posting of changes to a record, or force the posting of a new record. By "posting", I mean commit the record to the database (equivalent to clicking the pencil icon on a bound form when you want to post the changes.) What VBA code do I need to use in the EVENT for that button? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Dennis" wrote: > In Access 2002, I want to have a command button that will force the p...

Linking Files and Select Unique Record Identifier
I am using Access to create some reports, and I need to link to SQL tables. I'm using DoCmd.TransferDatabase for the linking process. When I try to link to one of the tables, a dialog box called Select Unique Record Identifier pops up, and I have to choose a field(s) to be my primary key. How can I program this so the primary key is selected automatically without a user having to respond to this? Here is the line of code that links to this table in case you need it: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC", strCon, acTable, "AttendanceCode", "dbo_Atten...

Attendance
Hey all, I am looking to create a attendance database. I mean to say, maintain attendance of all the employees in the office. I am not able to get a clear idea of the details necessary. Can some one please provide me with the links of some sites which provide an example of how it looks and what should it include. This is a special job given by my manager. But I can't rather go to him and ask what he wants to include. Please someone help. I am writing this mail with much hopes. Please help. (the sheet should include the details of the leave balance, and all details, so please provide a l...

Using form to add record to table where records are limited by lis
Hi all... Bit hard to explain what I am doing here but I'll have a go :-) In Excel if I want to limit the number of records shown in rows I apply a filter for example to col1 which reduces all remaining cols. Then filter on col2 to reduce further etc etc until I have only a few records left to look at. I want to do this in access on a form BUT... I want to create a table of records that has an ID, Date stamp, a part number, qty I want this table to get its information from a form. I want the form to use a master table which includes the "part number" from above but where ...

Recording annual leave
I notice that there are some excellent sample timesheets out there (eg, Walkenbach and McRitchie). I was wondering if there is anything similar which would enable me to keep track of my annual leave? MS has an Employee Absence XL file at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery/templates/6/tp1268.asp?i=3&l=1099,930,944,1268,1560,1269,1266,1454,1267,919,931,1435,408,518,289,288,&RC=4&M=16&mh=20&qu=&ct=&cid=0.75.77 -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "C Tate" <colin@nobodyhere.mrcrtate.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in...

MX record question #2
I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP address ? or both needed? thanks in advice. lamlam wrote: > I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to > receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in > my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX > record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP addre...

Preventing duplicate records
The title sounds deceptively easy to solve, but I can't figure out how to make a table refuse to allow a new record that doesn't duplicate a combination of fields. I already have a primary key (autonumber) and a date and a location field. The ID field can't be duplicated, but it's ok for the date OR for the location to be duplicated. However, it is NOT ok for the combination of the date and the location to be entered. Any ideas how to implement that constraint? Thanks, Gina Use a unique index on the combination of the date + location. 1. Open the table in design view....

cannot delete record...
hi, i have received an error when i tried to delete a closed invoice; "the record cannot be deleted because it is read-only" any ideas? Do you have permissin to delete? "Orkun Goze" <orkung@nospam.mostint.com> wrote in message news:OtgRKZioDHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, > i have received an error when i tried to delete a closed invoice; "the > record cannot be deleted because it is read-only" > any ideas? > > Yes Darrin. I am the system admin. "Darrin Bishop" <dbishop@lrs.no.sp.am.com> wrote in message news:eI...

Trying to delete a record
It says the search key was not found in any record. How can I deletet this record? Thanks Cheyenne Sounds like corruption. Try a delete query where you set the criteria to the specific data for that one record... -- Maurice Ausum "Chey" wrote: > It says the search key was not found in any record. How can I deletet this > record? > > Thanks > Cheyenne On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:46:01 -0800, Chey <Chey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It says the search key was not found in any record. How can I deletet this >record? As Maurice says... you have ...

Increasing number of records in a work book
I want to view an excel sheet with >500000 records, created from an editor in csv format (comma separated values). I can view only 65536 records. How can I increase the number of records? M E Ramakrishnan Hi one Excel worksheet has a maximum of 65536 rows. There is no way around this. You can try one of the following: - split your csv file on different worksheets - I'd recommend using a database for viewing this amount of data (e.g. MS Access) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany M E Ramakrishnan wrote: > I want to view an excel sheet with >500000 records, > created ...

Monthly calendar view -- Saturday and Sunday
I am using a wide-screen monitor and would like to have the monthly view show all seven days across instead of Saturday and Sunday sharing one box. Is there a way to do that? Charles Please ignore that request. I just figured it out!!! "Charles Lewis" <clewis50@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hrwvf.37355$9G.34667@dukeread10... >I am using a wide-screen monitor and would like to have the monthly view >show all seven days across instead of Saturday and Sunday sharing one box. >Is there a way to do that? > > Charles > > ...

System Attendant and SystemMailbox
In the course of accidentally deleting several users from AD, I noticed that I have mailboxes for 'System Attendant', 'SystemMailbox', and 'SMTP (servername)', but cannot remember if these were also default built-in users in AD that I deleted. Do these mailboxes need to have corresponding user accounts in AD, and if so, how do I re-create them properly? Thanks for your time. After running Cleanup Agent, it appears that SystemMailbox is the only mailbox that is missing and AD user account. Does anyone know how I would re-create this account in AD? "Holo20&q...

How do I edit a record in database
in EXCEL 2000 I have a large database with customer names, address, phone no., and so on, 8 columns total. In a userform the customer name is chosen from a combobox and entered, the balance of the customer information is then pulled out of the database using "VLOOKUP" and applied to the worksheet. I now need to change some of the data for some of the customers but the user easily gets lost looking through the database. I would like to create another userform that would allow the user to find the customer and edit the phone no. or address or contact name. And then the updated info w...

How to create a filter to see sharing records
Hi, With standard view you can see My_Active or All_Active records. You can't assign a record to a team... How I can see all records that other users share with me? Seems I can't find anything in the filter related to Sharing... Simple example: Each sales (user) has individual contacts but also there are common contacts among them that they would like to see, share and update. How I can filter contacts assigned to me and shared with me? Thanks, Eugene ...

Search Inactive Records
After Applying Rolloup 3 now we can not search for Inactive records, I have tried the following proceudres but not luck yet, does anyone has an Idea what else can we do: Option 1*. - Export the entity. Open the xml file. - Search for the "savedquery" which has a "isquickfindquery" value of "1". This saved query has two blocks of filters. The first contains the 'active' filter which you can not edit in the CRM UI. - Delete this first filter from the XML file and save it. Your XML will look like this: <savedquery> <iscustomizable name="N...

How do I bring a filed from multiple records and join them togethe
I have a recordset that has a common identifier with comment information on multiple lines. I want to create a query that diplays the multiple lines in a single line. I will send this off into another table. So... ID Comment 123 Hello 123 Dave would equal 123 Hello Dave Dave wrote: >I have a recordset that has a common identifier with comment information on >multiple lines. I want to create a query that diplays the multiple lines in >a single line. I will send this off into another table. > >So... > >ID ...

Recovering deleted records
Hi, By mistake a user has deleted an Account record in CRM, and thereby also all underlying Case records I guess. Is there any way to get this back from the database? Regards J�rn If you have the DeletionService running, then probably the answer is "No". When records are deleted, they are only logically deleted by having their DeletionStateCode set to 2. The Deletion service then comes along and actually deletes the records behind the scenes. I'm guessing that by now the records have already been deleted. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM -------------------------------...

Using labels to select records
I have several labels on my main page, that are used as buttons. They all four digit names i.e "2279" corresponding to different truck numbers When they are clicked they all open the same form. At the top of this form is a textbox, and I would like it to display the number of the truck selected. The second form contains different buttons containing types of equipment on the trucks. When I click on these buttons I would like the third form only to display the information for the type of equipment (I have a separate table for all the equipment) and the truck selected on the firs...

Attendance
Is there a template that I could use to track school class attendance throughout the year? Try this http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/attendance-tracking.html "Shodan" wrote: > Is there a template that I could use to track school class attendance > throughout the year? > I have just run up a Worbook for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Look at the first item on the home page (number 20). 1. The numbers (1 to 30 in row 1) need to be changed for your student names. 2. If a student has attended enter 1 in his / her column for the corre...

change user on each record
It would be nice to record the last changed date and the user who changed each record on ALL records, even if a history of changes is not being kept. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...