Access Form Blinks repeatedly

I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6
tabs.  These forms load up their own table of data.  On the main form
alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users
taht are linked into EVERY table of the database.  I created a textbox
on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and
then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child
fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox.  This WAS work until
about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly
when a user is clicked on the subform listing the database users.  If
you need a descriptive layout please let me know.

0
TechaholicJunkie

Problem addressed masterfully by Mr. Allen Browne at:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html

Damon

<TechaholicJunkie@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6
> tabs.  These forms load up their own table of data.  On the main form
> alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users
> taht are linked into EVERY table of the database.  I created a textbox
> on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and
> then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child
> fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox.  This WAS work until
> about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly
> when a user is clicked on the subform listing the database users.  If
> you need a descriptive layout please let me know.

0
Damon
4/27/2007 5:29:13 PM
On Apr 27, 12:29 pm, "Damon Heron" <damon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Problem addressed masterfully by Mr. Allen Browne at:
>
> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html
>
> Damon
>
> <TechaholicJun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6
> > tabs.  These forms load up their own table of data.  On the main form
> > alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users
> > taht are linked into EVERY table of the database.  I created a textbox
> > on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and
> > then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child
> > fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox.  This WAS work until
> > about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly
> > when a user is clicked on the subform listing the database users.  If
> > you need a descriptive layout please let me know.- Hide quoted text -

I noticed that page on your previous posts, yet, all of those
situations are applying to what i understand to be a refresh that's
extremely visible.  (i already performed all instructions on that
page.  Kind of cool if I just open each form individually as 100% is
DOESNT flicker anymore)

What IS happening is when i enter the sub form to change my selection
of my currently selected user I then have the text box on the main
form set to the value of my users key of my sub form.  I then have
ever one of the 6 other sub forms on a tab control set to link to this
text box.  What winds up happening is that the forms then just starts
blinking 100 times a minute.  I am not moving my mouse.  If I had to
take a guess its that their is a link conflict occurring between which
link is considered the right one and all the forms re-query events
keep firing until the form is closed.

I REALLY believe this may be a fundamental flaw in the method I am
using a sub form to manage the currently selected record on the main
form.
A: Main form with a record source of users
     1: Text box - curUserKey
     2: Tab Control - 6 tabs - modUserPanel -
          All are linked to the mainform w/ (Child = UsersKey, Master
= curUserKey)
          and each bound table does have a UsersKey
          a: subform - UserInfo
          b: subform - UserRating
          c: subform - UserFrameHistory
          d: subform - UserAccounts
          e: subform - UserClientID's
          f: subform - UserSkills
     3: Sub form with a continuous form view of all users (NOT CHILD
LINKED to MAIN FORM) - subUserList

No code no events...should just revolve around simple.  Did I miss the
bus on this one?  I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to have
that tab control pulled from the equation all together.  Do you have
any ideas?

0
TechaholicJunkie
4/27/2007 7:21:02 PM
I have a similar form that has 4 tabs that uses a combobox to update all
four pages and I do get a slight flicker.  The amount of data may have
something to do with it.  One subform I have has 3200 transactions that it
refreshes.  If you have many more records then it could just be that.  An
alternative could be to refresh the underlying subform only when the tab
control changes.

Perhaps someone else can weigh in here???

> On Apr 27, 12:29 pm, "Damon Heron" <damon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Problem addressed masterfully by Mr. Allen Browne at:
>>
>> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html
>>
>> Damon
>>
>> <TechaholicJun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6
>> > tabs.  These forms load up their own table of data.  On the main form
>> > alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users
>> > taht are linked into EVERY table of the database.  I created a textbox
>> > on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and
>> > then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child
>> > fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox.  This WAS work until
>> > about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly
>> > when a user is clicked on the subform listing the database users.  If
>> > you need a descriptive layout please let me know.- Hide quoted text -

> I noticed that page on your previous posts, yet, all of those
> situations are applying to what i understand to be a refresh that's
> extremely visible.  (i already performed all instructions on that
> page.  Kind of cool if I just open each form individually as 100% is
> DOESNT flicker anymore)
>
> What IS happening is when i enter the sub form to change my selection
> of my currently selected user I then have the text box on the main
> form set to the value of my users key of my sub form.  I then have
> ever one of the 6 other sub forms on a tab control set to link to this
> text box.  What winds up happening is that the forms then just starts
> blinking 100 times a minute.  I am not moving my mouse.  If I had to
> take a guess its that their is a link conflict occurring between which
> link is considered the right one and all the forms re-query events
> keep firing until the form is closed.
>
> I REALLY believe this may be a fundamental flaw in the method I am
> using a sub form to manage the currently selected record on the main
> form.
> A: Main form with a record source of users
>     1: Text box - curUserKey
>     2: Tab Control - 6 tabs - modUserPanel -
>          All are linked to the mainform w/ (Child = UsersKey, Master
> = curUserKey)
>          and each bound table does have a UsersKey
>          a: subform - UserInfo
>          b: subform - UserRating
>          c: subform - UserFrameHistory
>          d: subform - UserAccounts
>          e: subform - UserClientID's
>          f: subform - UserSkills
>     3: Sub form with a continuous form view of all users (NOT CHILD
> LINKED to MAIN FORM) - subUserList
>
> No code no events...should just revolve around simple.  Did I miss the
> bus on this one?  I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to have
> that tab control pulled from the equation all together.  Do you have
> any ideas?

0
Damon
4/27/2007 8:45:49 PM
More information.  I only have 12 records to test in this database.
When i set my curUserKey by making a choice in the sub form the
database reports Calculating in the status bar.  Yes i would assume it
initially to be refreshing the data.  But the blinking never stops.
Its perpetually calculating.  all the data from all forms actually
only draws from the user table.  its all flat..simple 200 fields of
data organized by category of data input and put on subforms....

On Apr 27, 3:45 pm, "Damon Heron" <damon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a similar form that has 4 tabs that uses a combobox to update all
> four pages and I do get a slight flicker.  The amount of data may have
> something to do with it.  One subform I have has 3200 transactions that it
> refreshes.  If you have many more records then it could just be that.  An
> alternative could be to refresh the underlying subform only when the tab
> control changes.
>
> Perhaps someone else can weigh in here???
>
> Damon
>
> <TechaholicJun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Apr 27, 12:29 pm, "Damon Heron" <damon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Problem addressed masterfully by Mr. Allen Browne at:
>
> >>http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html
>
> >> Damon
>
> >> <TechaholicJun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I noticed that page on your previous posts, yet, all of those
> > situations are applying to what i understand to be a refresh that's
> > extremely visible.  (i already performed all instructions on that
> > page.  Kind of cool if I just open each form individually as 100% is
> > DOESNT flicker anymore)
>
> > What IS happening is when i enter the sub form to change my selection
> > of my currently selected user I then have the text box on the main
> > form set to the value of my users key of my sub form.  I then have
> > ever one of the 6 other sub forms on a tab control set to link to this
> > text box.  What winds up happening is that the forms then just starts
> > blinking 100 times a minute.  I am not moving my mouse.  If I had to
> > take a guess its that their is a link conflict occurring between which
> > link is considered the right one and all the forms re-query events
> > keep firing until the form is closed.
>
> > I REALLY believe this may be a fundamental flaw in the method I am
> > using a sub form to manage the currently selected record on the main
> > form.
> > A: Main form with a record source of users
> >     1: Text box - curUserKey
> >     2: Tab Control - 6 tabs - modUserPanel -
> >          All are linked to the mainform w/ (Child = UsersKey, Master
> > = curUserKey)
> >          and each bound table does have a UsersKey
> >          a: subform - UserInfo
> >          b: subform - UserRating
> >          c: subform - UserFrameHistory
> >          d: subform - UserAccounts
> >          e: subform - UserClientID's
> >          f: subform - UserSkills
> >     3: Sub form with a continuous form view of all users (NOT CHILD
> > LINKED to MAIN FORM) - subUserList
>
> > No code no events...should just revolve around simple.  Did I miss the
> > bus on this one?  I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to have
> > that tab control pulled from the equation all together.  Do you have
> > any ideas?- Hide quoted text -

Keyboard

Check box in Forms Toolbar
How do I make a check box bigger? Rob, Teesside, UK I don't believe it is possible to change the size of the checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "abfabrob" <abfabrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC393618-0FA7-4CFB-9BA2-DEED22793E32@microsoft.com... > How do I make a check box bigger? > > Rob, > Teesside, > UK ...

Choosing subform fields from master form
Hello - I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes. The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example, this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3, checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database? Any ideas? Thanks! Steve -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Convert Template to Form
How can I possibly convert an outlook tamplate to an outlook form? Thanks for your help. "template" is a type of "form" in Outlook, so it's not clear what you = want to do. Can you give us more details?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <ksenya.lim@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1156945681.610123.4310@74g2...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

link to a record on a form
I have created a link from one form to a specific record on another using the following macro; Action: Open Form Where Condition: [ID]=[Forms]![Newspaper Query]![ID] This works perfect until I try to add the first for as a sub form to my home page form. When I click the link it first asks me to 'Enter Parameter Value - Forms!Newspaper Query!ID' If I type in the ID it will take me to the specified record but this is rather messy. Am I missing some code with this being changed into a subform? Bigbump, Not sure if I understand... I think you're saying that when your "...

Opening a user form
I am using the following code to open a user form when I open a Word 2003 document. Private Sub Document_New() UserForm1.Show End Sub For some reason I can't get the user form to show. I have this code in a template and I am opening the document from it. I also have it in a private directory (not the template directory). Thanks, Stanley That does not make the userform show on document open. Sub Document_Open() UserForm1.Show End Sub If you have the code (Document_NEW) in the template, then when the template is used to make a NEW document, the userform will displa...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...