Convert old Q&A database to access

  • Follow

Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database
to Access?
There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of
death, cemetary, war if any.
This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for
years and need to get
something modern.  I will build the Acces piece for free.  But if I can't
convert the data for free
the project is dead.

There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help.  I didn't
have enough time to
look at it so far.

thanks in advance,

Mark

0
Reply Mark 8/31/2005 1:57:41 PM

Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any format Excel can read)? If so, Access can
import it or it can be imported into Excel, converted then imported into
Access.

"Mark Bischof" wrote:

> Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database
> to Access?
> There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of
> death, cemetary, war if any.
> This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for
> years and need to get
> something modern.  I will build the Acces piece for free.  But if I can't
> convert the data for free
> the project is dead.
>
> There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help.  I didn't
> have enough time to
> look at it so far.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Mark