Convert old Q&A database to access

Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database
to Access?
There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of
death, cemetary, war if any.
This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for
years and need to get
something modern.  I will build the Acces piece for free.  But if I can't
convert the data for free
the project is dead.

There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help.  I didn't
have enough time to
look at it so far.

thanks in advance,

Mark

0
Mark

Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any format Excel can read)? If so, Access can
import it or it can be imported into Excel, converted then imported into
Access.

"Mark Bischof" wrote:

> Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database
> to Access?
> There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of
> death, cemetary, war if any.
> This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for
> years and need to get
> something modern.  I will build the Acces piece for free.  But if I can't
> convert the data for free
> the project is dead.
>
> There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help.  I didn't
> have enough time to
> look at it so far.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

CRM 4.0 Database Move/Migration issue
Hi, I have a test CRM 4.0 enrivonment that I've built up and being evaluating and also migrating data to from our previous CRM database. I have now installed our production CRM 4.0 environment and created a new organisation. This blank installation worked fine. I then wanted to migrate the data from our test environment into the live environment. So I thought I'd try the Data Migration tool from Microsoft. This didn't work. It just pointed the entry in the MSCRM_Config.organization record to the content database on the test server. So, I tried backing up the 2 databases from ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Users Affected by Old Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 organization. I migrated a bunch of mailboxes from the 1st server of one site to a mailbox server in another using BindView. Afterwards, I followed the white paper for removing the 1st server in a site, with the exception of deleting the server from the site. When I turned that server off, the users on the mailbox server noticed some delays and even experienced Outlook locking up. Once it was turned back on, everything seemed fine. The only connection that I can think of between the two servers is the X500 addresses that were created during the migration. Ca...

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Excel query of Access database
I have an excel workbook where I've queried a table in access. When I first setup the query, I did it through the get external data query wizard, browsed, found my access database (called database_010306.mdb) and selected my table. All was fine. Now, I am renaming my temporary named database (database_010306.mdb) to just database.mdb. So I've got to tell Excel the new filename. I thought I had it when I went to "edit query" in Excel, then went to "Microsoft Query", looked at the SQL code and changed the FROM statement to point to my new filename. When I closed Mic...

Huge Office X Database, Small Office 2004 Database
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a newer PB. Prior to last week, I had been using Office X. Due to a problem with the max file size of Entourage, I switched to Office 2004. I've been using Office 2004 (heavily) for about a week. Today I looked in the MS User Data folder for Office 2004 and was shocked to see that the Database file was only 18MB in size and has a last modified date that corrisponds to the date I installed 2004. My Office X Database file is at 2.27GB and has a modification date of today. I'd like to uninstall Office X, but am afraid that I'll also loose all my data. Can ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Outlook Locks up, A program is trying to access your email
We have started getting a popup window saying that a program is trying to access your email. We click no about 5-10 times and then outlook locks up. We have to end task to use it again. Is there a way to find out what program is trying to access my email. Or to find out what the problem is. I look forward to the solutions. I have run scanpst.exe I have update office xp to sp3 I have run spybot, adware I have rud live update (norton) I have a pocket pc but do not sync email on that computer and it happens when it is not connected. Thanks Rafael See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

Convert

Is It Possible to Control Access Warning Pop-Up Message Boxes?
When running an update query, Access displays a warning message box and prompts for a response ("You are about to run an update query that will modify data in your table"). I have a macro that runs a series of update queries. Right now, I get the message box/response for each query. In this case, there is no need for the message box at all. Is there a way to (ideally) turn off this message for the duration of the query) or to answer it once for all of the queries? Thanks TerryoMSN It is possible to turn the warning off ... WARNING!!! If you forget to turn it bac...

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Remote Access #2
Dear Fouad, If we have a situation where 4 people are accessing CRM through LAN but 5 are required to access it remotely, would using citrix resolve the matter? If you have a good VPN you should use that. This way the machine will be in the same Kerberos "Realm" as the 4 people in house. I know you did not mention the version you are working on but if it's CRM 4.0, then I have this working with the Outlook client and the web client through the VPN well. It's working fine with Office 2003/2007. Yes there can be some problems. But Citrix licenses are expensive and I&...