Wrap to Window

Version: 2008

In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version.

Thanks,

Robin
0
Robin2869 (1)

Hi Robin -

Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
>
> In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the
> document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in
> the PC version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin

Computer unlock causes Access VB window to appear
I am using Access 2000. I lock my computer (using Ctr+Alt+Del and selecting lock) and when I unlock my computer, Access opens the Visual Basic window when the computer is unlocked . Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? ...

Word 2002 in Windows 7 ?
Will Word 2002 run correctly in Windows 7 ? Jeff On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:33:32 -0500, <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wrote: >Will Word 2002 run correctly in Windows 7 ? > >Jeff > Yes. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:7kigi5504qfib540khbk4srghhs3n7og1u@4ax.com... > On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:33:32 -0500, <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wr...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Cannot send emails using Windows Mail
Hi, I decided to try and set up Windows Mail on my laptop for my "ntlworld" (which is my ISP although it is now Virgin Media) email accounts; which seemed to have worked as it received all my emails. Although I have discovered when I have tried to send an email it wont, generating this error: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 aamtaout01-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [86.140.250.111]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

How to Create a dos-like window?
I want to use some DOS program in windows without much change. My program like this: main() { printf(...); char ch; ch = getch(); if ( ch == ...) { .... } .... } I won't use Win32 Console application, because I can't use some function in that environment. The function like: SetCursor(X,Y): Moves the location of the cursor on the local display page. Schulman wrote some articles about his WINIO library. He use this library to encapsulate WinMain()��MainWndProc()��message-loop. I do not konw whether Schulman's idea could solve my problem. I do not have the arti...

Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 resource forests?
Group, what needs to be done in each forest (where each forest=one domain) to enable users to be located in one forest and the Exchange server to be located in the other forest and to still have all the Exchange 2000 functionality? Regards /Peter I am afraid that is not posible on Windows 2000, because it does not support Forest relationships. Windows 2003 does support it. (i guess you are using windows 2000) >-----Original Message----- >Group, > >what needs to be done in each forest (where each forest=one domain) to >enable users to be located in one forest and the Exch...

how use e-mail window
i have trouble with e-mail window Because this group is dedicated to the MS Access application which is part of MS Office, you will probably get more useful responses by posting a specific question in a group dedicated to your particular email program. WHen posting, describe the trouble itself, what you want to have happen, what is happening that shouldn't be, or what is not happening, along with a few details about the environment in which you are working. That way, someone will have enough information to try to help you. George "GJ" <GJAWID@YAHOO.COM> wrote in me...

How can I hide my deleted emails from my inbox window?
When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox window with a line through them. How can I change the view so that only my new and/or undeleted messages appear in my inbox? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "AznEyz16" <AznEyz16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B2DCD18-A699-46AD-AEBB-A244D2F4B395@microsoft.com... > When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox wi...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

outlook v6 with windows XP
Hi, I have a problem with starting/running outlook; it takes very long to start and to display its contents - cpu utilization is up to 100%. It seems that this problem occured after runnig regclean but it still remains when I restored the registry keys from backup. The keys that were deleted did not seem to be related to outlook. Removing and adding outlook from 'Add/remove programs' did not solve anything either. Is there a way to completely reinstall outlook? Thanks a lot in advance, K. Karl <nospam@for.me> wrote: > I have a problem with starting/running outlook; it ...

Visible region of a window
The method CWnd::IsWindowVisible() return trues when WS_VISIBLE flag is set to true. "the return value may be nonzero even though CWnd is totally obscured by other windows." Is it possible to find out whether my window is actually obscured by another window even when IsWindowVisible() returns true? Thanks ...

Windows in Taskbar
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office 2003? Thanks. Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the taskbar and choose Pro...

Positioning multiple windows
How do we position separate worksheet windows side-by-side vertically (left and right)? When we select the 'View Side by Side" from the ribbon (View Tab), the windows are positioned top and bottom with one above the other. Moreover, we cannot see any way to change this default. Thank you for any help. EXCEL 2007... It works as a toggle button...switching between horizontal and vertical. If you press it once more it will arrange vertically... You can also click on 'Arrange All' and choose Vertical... "Blue Max" wrote: > How do we position separate wor...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

window update no reboot error
everyday I log in and nothing happens (the welcome screen just keeps displaying) so I end up having to log in via safe mode and doing a system restore back to a date that works (29 Nov) prior to various windows updates - has anyone else had this problem? HELP!! No updates were released between 29 November and today (07 Dec-09). jefner wrote: > everyday I log in and nothing happens (the welcome screen just keeps > displaying) so I end up having to log in via safe mode and doing a system > restore back to a date that works (29 Nov) prior to various windows > update...

Windows-Explorer does not start
Hi NG, I have pined the windows explorer to the task bar. If I click on it, it does not start. I see the "spining ring" for a while which then disapear but nothing happens. If I open the jumplist to the windows explorer and select a entry there it starts. Also if I press "windows-key + E". What is wrong? Regards Rainer Try deleting, or unpinning, the one on the Taskbar then go to the jumplist, right click on it there and select Pin to Taskbar. My directions are for Win 7. Sometimes the links just get corrupted and doing as above should correct the ...

Windows Scheduled Tasks
I have drawn a blank on where to find and set up Windows Scheduled Tasks Cheers!! What version of windows? In WinXP home: Windows Start button|programs|accessories|systm tools|scheduled tasks (I use the classic menus) Or... you can use the control panel's Scheduled Tasks applet or... You can show windows help and search for "Scheduled Tasks" and I bet you'll find links to click on. Norm wrote: > > I have drawn a blank on where to find and set up Windows Scheduled Tasks > > Cheers!! -- Dave Peterson Windows 7: Control P...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

Window size problem
Windows XP Pro SP3, all up to date, IE7 , also all up to date. Last night I needed to have an Excel window open beside an IE 7 window. I resized my IE window to half width, did what I wanted, and closed the IE window. Now each time I open IE, it opens to the half width size rather than the size I usually open it at - full width. I have tried to close it with some combination of SHIFT/CTRL/ALT after making it the desired size, thinking back somewhere that some key combination pressed when closing the application would retain the current window sizing. So far, no success. ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

Windows information safety centre
There is a warning about Windows information safety centre in system tray. It said my antivirus program is incompatible for monitoring and Windows Defender conflicts with my Symantec End Point Protection program. I tried to disable the monitoring and Windows Defender but the warning is still there. Can someone advise me what should I do. I have been using Symantec for over 1 year without any issue but suddenly have such issue. Thanks, Scott Contact Symantec support for assistance with their product. -- -- "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wro...

wrap
Hi i want set wrap on as default in excel. what must i do thank you Open a new workbook. Right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets". CTRL + a to select all cells. Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text checked. Select A1 then right-click on a sheet tab and "Ungroup sheets". File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Da...

Dropdown list data validation
I have a column of cells that contain part names and descriptions. The descriptions are multi-lined within the cell via line feeds of Alt+Enter. I would like to use this range as the source for a data list. However the drop down list generated shows each cell as a continous line. Eg, if I have a cell with Whistle Type: Shiny With chain Then the drop down list row for this is:- WhistleType: ShinyWith chain Is there any way to just use the first line? I know I could separate the name from the description but this will impact on the functionality of the rest of my work!...

Windows XP x64 and Samba access
I have a HP Z400 workstation newly installed with XP x64 SP2 getting errors when trying to access files through Samba 3.0.33 via DFS. Accessing files on Windows servers is ok but when access Samba I get the follwoing error: AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.3790.3959 ModName: twext.dll ModVer: 6.0.3790.3959 Offset: 000000000000c27e I've tried various Technet articles but haven't found a solution. Has anyone seen this error or have any ideas? David "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2209CE18-0513-4D8E-9C13-4DC2217E4AA9@...