Word/Newsletter question #2

I am a new Imac desktop user. I have Office 2007 on my laptop PC and
have always used Publisher for a couple of organization newsletters
that I do. I soon decided Pages was not as user friendly or as full
featured as Publisher so decided to bite the bullet and buy Office
2004 for my mac. What a disappointment to discover I can't transfer
files from Publisher to the Word newsletter program, nor does there
seem to be a free standing version of Publisher for mac. Word doesn't
recognize Publisher files at all. How can this be? Isn't it all
Microsoft programming? Am I missing something?
Will Office 2008 for mac contain a Publisher program? The 2004 Word
newsletter option isnt very full featured.

0
yjkelly (5)

On 11/1/07 10:06 PM, in article
1193949179.806408.216680@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "yjkelly@cox.net"
<yjkelly@cox.net> wrote:

> I am a new Imac desktop user. I have Office 2007 on my laptop PC and
> have always used Publisher for a couple of organization newsletters
> that I do. I soon decided Pages was not as user friendly or as full
> featured as Publisher so decided to bite the bullet and buy Office
> 2004 for my mac. What a disappointment to discover I can't transfer
> files from Publisher to the Word newsletter program, nor does there
> seem to be a free standing version of Publisher for mac. Word doesn't
> recognize Publisher files at all. How can this be? Isn't it all
> Microsoft programming? Am I missing something?
> Will Office 2008 for mac contain a Publisher program? The 2004 Word
> newsletter option isnt very full featured.

If you just recently bought Office 2004, you are qualified for a free
upgrade to Office 2008. For more details visit Microsoft's Super Suite Deal.

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/go/promotions/supersuitedeal/>

It's a common misconception that Office for the PC version is the same as
the Mac version. If you have a new Intel Mac you can run your programs via
PARALLELS DESKTOP FOR MAC or VMware Fusion. Recent test have shown that the
Mac laptop was the fastest way to run Vista.  :-)

As far as if it's included with Office 2008, I have seen no mention of it.
You'll need to monitor the Microsoft announcements for any real info on
what's included. If I had to guess though I would say not as it's not
something I've even seen mentioned before as a request, but after saying
that I've never seen mention for Microsoft Expression Media and it's
included. Who knows?
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
11/2/2007 9:42:31 AM
On Nov 2, 2:42 am, Diane <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:
> On 11/1/07 10:06 PM, in article
> 1193949179.806408.216...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "yjke...@cox.net"
>
> <yjke...@cox.net> wrote:
> > I am a new Imac desktop user. I have Office 2007 on my laptop PC and
> > have always used Publisher for a couple of organization newsletters
> > that I do. I soon decided Pages was not as user friendly or as full
> > featured as Publisher so decided to bite the bullet and buy Office
> > 2004 for my mac. What a disappointment to discover I can't transfer
> > files from Publisher to the Word newsletter program, nor does there
> > seem to be a free standing version of Publisher for mac. Word doesn't
> > recognize Publisher files at all. How can this be? Isn't it all
> > Microsoft programming? Am I missing something?
> > Will Office 2008 for mac contain a Publisher program? The 2004 Word
> > newsletter option isnt very full featured.
>
> If you just recently bought Office 2004, you are qualified for a free
> upgrade to Office 2008. For more details visit Microsoft's Super Suite Deal.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/go/promotions/supersuitedeal/>
>
> It's a common misconception that Office for the PC version is the same as
> the Mac version. If you have a new Intel Mac you can run your programs via
> PARALLELS DESKTOP FOR MAC or VMware Fusion. Recent test have shown that the
> Mac laptop was the fastest way to run Vista.  :-)
>
> As far as if it's included with Office 2008, I have seen no mention of it.
> You'll need to monitor the Microsoft announcements for any real info on
> what's included. If I had to guess though I would say not as it's not
> something I've even seen mentioned before as a request, but after saying
> that I've never seen mention for Microsoft Expression Media and it's
> included. Who knows?
> --
> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

Thank you for your input

0
yjkelly (5)

Printing WORD docs from a form

Activesync with 2 Desktops
Are there any issues or bewares with syncing with 2 desktops? I need to sync with my work and home PC. Thanks. Stan2000 <Stan2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Are there any issues or bewares with syncing with 2 desktops? I need > to sync with my work and home PC. No issues whatsoever. I do it all the time. On the second machine, when you create the partnership, tell it you're syncing with more than one computer. -- Brian Tillman Brian, I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks and all future weeks. How will calendar items ...

excel stopped working #2
loaded new antivirus software and now I cant open my excel files. I get a window stating "cant find file mso97.dll " I think new software quarantined it Can you open the files if you disable the AV software? On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:05:05 -0700, bathcrest <bathcrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >loaded new antivirus software and now I cant open my excel files. I get a >window stating "cant find file mso97.dll " I think new software quarantined it What AV did you load? "bathcrest" <bathcrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

SharePoint 2010 and compatibility questions
I have read several sites which indicated that SharePoint 2010 needs to run in a 64 bit hardware/software environment. One of those sources is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(office.14).aspx?ppud=4 so I presume that is the current state of affairs. Will SharePoint 2010 integrate with Office 2007, or does it require Office 2010? Will SP 2010 integrate with a 32 bit version of Office, or does it require Office to be 64 bit? Where could I read more about these requirements? The above URL talks about the hardware and software requirements of SP 2010, but I didn&...

Duplicate messages #2
I have an exchange 5.5 server, In a couple of instances we have experienced the same message delivered multiple times to the same recipients. Has this come up before for anyone else and if so what is the workaround? Thanks ...

Forecast available on site : http://www.forecastmarket.com, Next Forecasts at midday #2
Best Regards ! Al ...

SHBrowseForFolder Question C++
I tried to use the BIF_USENEWUI and BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE style keywords but I always get that those two are undeclared identifiers. I need to get a select new folder icon up on the SH BrowseForFolder and have read the other messages on here about that and haven't been able to come up with a solution. Does anybody know why these would be undeclared identifiers, are they just C# related or am I missing something. I am using MS Visual Studio C++ 6.0 Here's what I did in my code: #ifndef BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE #define BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE 0x0040 #endif and #define BIF_USENEWUI (BIF_NEWDI...

Outlook 2000 archiving #2
I keep on receiving the following error when my own outlook is trying to archive my folders. Error while archiving folder "Tasks" in store "ARCHIVE 2003". File access is denied Thanks in advance. Karen If you are using Outlook 2000 and are trying to archive to a file created with the the Outlook 2003 unicode file format, it will not work. You need to save your archived mail to a 97-2002 compliant ansi format archive. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual acc...

Cannot Add Users CRM 4.0 RU 2
I cannot add users to CRM 4.0 after Rollup Update 2. CRM can query the AD and imports the user info, but throws an error when I try to save it. I can however make changes to an existing user and save without a problem. Here is the trace: >MSCRM Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Request URL: http://**************...

microsoft visual C++ runtime library error #2
Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following error window which is titled "Microsoft visual C++ runtime library": Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I would appreciate ANY IDEAS on this.... Thanks Can someone please help me out? Even if its a link to where this has been answered previously. i have searched but found nothing.... thank-you antonio >-----Original Message----- >Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following >error w...

Storage Limit question
Using Exchange 2003/sp1 sometimes when a user goes over their mailbox limit and we increase their limit it takes ours for their mailbox to "unlock" and allow them to send. This doesn't happen all the time only occasionally but when it does happen nothing will seem to unlock it. Restarting the clients outlook or rebooting has no affect. It still sees them as over them limit even if remove limits all together. Then sometime hours later it will catch up. Doesn't matter if local user or user in remote office with steady WAN connection. Tried Outlook and OWA client bo...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Version Compatibility #2
Just curious if anyone knows why Publisher 2003 is the only Office module that cannot be opened by earlier Office versions? Seems as though Office 2000 users can open Word, Excel, and Power Point 2003 files, but they cannot open Publisher 2003 files. My guess is based on Word, Excel and Power Point 2003 are saving their files in the same format as their counterparts in 2000. Publisher 2003 formats it's files differently than Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver USA "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoQg4gmfGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Just...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...