Word Freeze Up

I can open a file in Word if I double click on it while it is in a folder,<br>
but if I try to use the open command under the file tab at the top of the page the whole program locks up any ideas or suggestions, I really have no idea who to turn to no one else I know has a Mac Office 08 for Mac. Thanks in advance Sassy
0
saseness (1)

<saseness@officeformac.com> wrote:
        Hi,

> I can open a file in Word if I double click on it while it is in a
> folder,<br> but if I try to use the open command under the file tab at
> the top of the page the whole program locks up any ideas or suggestions,
> I really have no idea who to turn to no one else I know has a Mac Office
> 08 for Mac. Thanks in advance Sassy

It looks like a corruption of the Preferences for Word.
You might want to go in ~/Library/Preferences and move all Word
preferences to the Desktop.

Relaunch Word to see if it fixes the issue,

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Outlook 2003 Freezes at Startup
Outlook 2003 freezes upon startup after beginning to download messages from my POP3 account. It will say something like Downloading 1 of 5 messages and will freeze after getting part way through. Outlook does not freeze, however, if I configure it NOT to immediately download messages at startup. After Outlook completely loads (2003 seems to take longer to load than 2002), I can click Send/Receive and download messages without problems. .. . . JohnB It is likely you have a Virus Checker that is causing this. There is a known issue with McAfee 8.0 and this problem. Close Outlook, disable th...

Word wrapping paragraphs within cells
Hi everyone, I support a user who stores narrative data within a spreadsheet. They want to know why Excel 2000 SR-1 inconsistently wraps text within a cell after the narrative exceeds 8 lines. This occurs regardless of cell height. They also want to know how to fix it so the text wraps consistently regardless of narrative length. I know the obvious answer (store the data somewhere else) - but does anyone have any more politically acceptable ideas? Thanks in advance. I don't store that much text in cells, but you may want to have them try putting some alt-enters in their text. Exce...

Visio to Word to Outlook
I tried this question about a month ago, and got no helpful replies; perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I have Word documents that are responses to students. I'd like to prepare drawings in Visio - insert them into the Word document (which works fine), and then cut and paste sections of the Word document (including the drawing(s) into an Outlook (for the Web) mail message. I've tried to save/export the Visio drawing in various formats, but in no case does the drawing appear in the Outlook mail message. I'm using XP-home, Word 2000, Visio 2003 (which I purchased for this project)...

How do I install Publisher from an office XP pack? or is it part of Word?
I have a laptop installed with office XP, I want to use Publisher which i can't find on my laptop, I tried to install it from my CD but didn't manage. Is Publisher part of word, so i can use it from word? Or Do i access Publisher like a seprate software? How can i install it from my Office XP CD pack? Publisher is not part of Office XP generally. If you have the Small Business then it is on disk 2, otherwise you will have to purchase it separately. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft...

Does Outlook require Word??
Can somebody tell me if Outlook 2007 would work for me if I did NOT have Word on my computer at all? I have Microsoft Works Word Processor. I just got a new x86 64-bit laptop and I want/need to use Outlook for my email for continuity with my former system, but I'd rather not buy the rest of the Office programs. Thanks for any authoritative info on this. The phone salespeople all say "Oh Outlook should be able to run on its own" but they don't seem at all knowledgeable..... All info appreciated! Charlie Bowen wrote: > Can somebody tell me if Outlook 20...

Mail merge from word to outlook
Does anyone know how I could merge forms or letters to a group in Outlook. I know how to send one letter to a group but not a personnalized letter to each recipient in a group in Outlook. Thanks! Define what you mean by group. Outlook does not use groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sonia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143b301c444c2$db953730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I could merge forms or letters to a > group in Outlook. I know how to send one letter to a group > but not a personnalized letter to each recipient ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

Word 2007, Spell Checking is not working
I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) Check Spelling as you type is - Checked. Why the spelling still not working ? - niladri Please read "Office Word 2007" (not Work..!) "niladri chatterjee" wrote: > I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. > Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. > > Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) > > Check Spell...

Inserting worksheet in Word
When I insert a worksheet into a Word document I can't view it all. If I pull the handles to reveal the rest of the worksheet I see it but it "snaps" back to a smaller size. There is lots of room within the margins of the Word document for this worksheet to be displayed on one page. Why does it insist on only displaying part of it in Word? Connie Martin ...

Programming MS Word into .NET Website
Is there a way that I can basically retrieve a MS Word template from my Database(SQL Server 2008) and essentially open an interface to edit this template in the browser. Then save my letter as a .doc file. All online via ASP.NET 3.5 ...

How do I send a "fit to page" excel document to word?
I completed an Excel spreadsheet that is too big for a letter page, so I reduced it within Excel to print out the document to letter size. I want to add it to a Word document, but can't send it in it's reduced state to fit on a single page within the Word document, and can't seem to reduce it within Word either. Help! You can copy the spreadsheet in Excel and in your Word document do a paste special as a Picture (Enhanced Metafile) - but if you make any changes in your spreadsheet, you will have to copy and paste special it into Word again. Or you can try to Paste Special a...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

Mac 98 Word page numbers
The page number command has disappeared from insert command. How to reinstall it? ...

Exporting a report in Microsoft Word
I am trying to export a report into word, but the export process (tools/office links/publish it with word) will only export the text. I want to have the design elements show up as well (borders, pictures on the report, etc.). How can I export everything on the report so that it appears 'as is' in word? Many thanks, ...

converting word tables to excel #2
I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? Eckard If this is a one-time task, you can open the Word document, copy the table, and paste it into Excel. Eckard Buchner wrote: > I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each > feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables > (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? -- De...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

Are Article 938810 2003 Registry restores for Outlook/Word/Excel 2
Re: Article ID: 938810 - Last Review: March 3, 2008 - Revision: 5.2 "Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3" -- This article applies to Outlook, Word, and Excel, but Outlook is the only one with a Install and Configure forum; hence I posted my question here. My Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) (W7HP64). My Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010. My Microsoft Office version: Office 2007. My Experience: I could not read WinWord legacy files (going back to v2.0c) with Word 2007, so I succes...

system message freezes outlook
Hi, We are using outlook 2002 with exchange server. On the client, if we receive a system message (e.g., read receipt, undelivered message etc.) and happen to move your mouse on it, it freezes the outlook. All other messages are fine. Anybody has seen this problem before? Thanks, Sarah ...

Word preview pane in Office 2007 with Win7
How do I fix the problem listed below? I cannot see anything in the preview pane for Word docs. I have gone to Open, Organize, Layout and clicked Preview pane. I get the message, "This file cannot be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer." Sorry, but this is the group for Mac Word. You need the Widows flavor: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/2/10 5:49 PM, in article D838EA3C-4790-48E1-922C-22ECFB6BA00B@microsoft.com, "Kenwyler" &...

Outlook giving access e-mail addresses msg with Word as editor
I'm using Office XP SP3, and have all current updates from Windows & Office Update. I'm using Word as my e- mail editor. Any time I reply to a message Outlook pops up a message that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses. I can make this stop for 10 minute by clicking that choice on the box, but is there a way to make it permanent? If I uncheck 'Use MS Word to edit e-mail messages', then the problem goes away, but I really would like to continue using Word as my editor. Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected b...

Mailing in Word
I often have double spacing on my mailing address, despide choosing no spacing on a document. Few times, if adress has more than 5 lines, as a result of extra spacing the address is not prented complete on an envelope. What to do to make all my addresses with NO SPACING? Thanks. Your question may be better answered in a Word newsgroup which is appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

when word is typed in cell, how can the row auto displays data?
I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." When a value for "A" is chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the associated data. How can I accomplish this? Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on Sheet2, use =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False) and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F5A2F57-D843-4DFF-9B7F-286D68645638@microsoft.com... > I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." Whe...

Why is word adding &#1081;&#1080;&#1083; to dates in my footnotes?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to write my thesis, and my footnotes keep adding &amp;#1081;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1083; to my dates. I turned off the &quot;match font with keyboard&quot; box, as per a previous discussion, but they're still there. Any ideas? I really do not want to manually edit every citation... Hi, are you using Word's bibliography feature? There is some sort of bug in it that has yet to be fixed. It normally manifests itself by adding Cyrillic characters into a citation. O...