Word File Problems

When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to
it..Microsoft Office Vx does not seem to recognize certain
characters...such as 1/2...it formats it as a leading -.
For instance..... terms are 1/2 May and 1/2 June

When I open the doc it looks like - May and - June.

What can I do to rectify this?

Thks,

Art

In article <f568d118.0402041736.3d32b81e@posting.google.com>,
 ademers254@mac.com (Art Demers) wrote:

> When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to
> it..Microsoft Office Vx does not seem to recognize certain
> characters...such as 1/2...it formats it as a leading -.
> For instance..... terms are 1/2 May and 1/2 June
>
> When I open the doc it looks like - May and - June.
>
> What can I do to rectify this?

The unrecognized characters are not in the Mac character set. To rectify
this, wait just a bit longer until Word 2004 comes out with unicode
character support (due to be released Spring 2004).

Alternative, tell "someone" to use three characters: 1/2 instead of a
fraction.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Outlook Tiime Zone Update Using Batch File
Hello, I am running the following batch file against a test Computer OU: ECHO ON COPY \\NETWORKSHARENAME\OUTLOOKTIMEZONEUPDATE C:\ C:\TZMOVE.MSI PAUSE DIR "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool\TZMOVE.EXE" The files copy to the C: drive root correctly and Outlook 2002 is already installed on the PC, has a profile setup and the path to the .pst file is available and has a calendar entry after March 11, 2007. The Outlook time zone update tool installs and is visible in Add/ Remove Programs. It does not seem to run the TZMOVE.EXE prope...

i can't get a publisher 2002 file as the main page on e mail
it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ejm" <ejm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90401E76-1332-4311-8D9C-C6F5D591C4FE@microsoft.com... > it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. ...

Shared Workbook problems
I have several questions concerning shared workbooks in Excel XP and I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. The questions are below. 1. Concerning shared workbooks, what is the difference between Save vs. Save As? How are multi-user edits affected? 2. Why does User B receives an error message stating that the shared workbook is locked by User A when User A is no longer in the shared workbook. In addition, when the share workbook dialog box is viewed, User A's name appears twice in the "who has this workbook open now field". 3 Is it possible to lock c...

importing ".dbx" inbox file into outlook
I am having trouble importing or opening my old mail that was backed up onto cd from my old laptop (outlook express) inot my new laptop, (outlook 2003). the files are sved ont he cd aas "dbx" files and not ".pst" files. i've tried saving them on onto my HDD and removing the "read only" check, but but when i tryu and "open" the file with outlook, it tells me that this is not a "win32 application"? any suggestions?? You must first configure them with Outlook Express and then export them from within OE to Outlook -- Robert Sparn...

Outlook 2007 Mail Files
How can I move mail files from Applre Mail (OS 10.4) to Outlook 2007 Balloonmeister <Balloonmeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move mail files from Applre Mail (OS 10.4) to Outlook 2007 What mail client does the Mac use? In what format will it export files? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Rules wizard problem #5
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Windows XP. I have set up 19 rules to move messages to various other folders based on various criteria. After these rules I have 3 other rules to move various spam to the Deleted Items folders. Then, there's the Adult Content Rule, Junk E-mail Rule, and Exception List. My problem is that some of the messages moved by the first 19 rules gets copied to the Deleted Items folder. There seems to be no logical reasons for this to happen. I have searched posts and can't find an answer to this specific problem. I am wondering if my spam rules should...

Problems Starting Outlook 2000
I am currently running Outlook 2000 SP-3 with Windows XP- Pro. I have it set up for Internet mail only. When I start Outlook it gives me a dialog box titled Microsoft Mail. With fill in spots for Mail box, Post Office and Password. I have to click oof line in order to get outlook to run. How can I stop this dialog box from appearing everytime I start Outlook. I am using internet mail, not an exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The title bar of the window is "Internet Accounts" there is only one tab and it is labelled "Mail" Then under t...

Removing Access 97 recently used file list
Is it possible to suppress the recently used file list from Access 97? I've just discovered that even if you hide the database window and lock it so that the user can't get in by holding down the shift key, the user is still able to open the whole thing, completely unprotected, simply by selecting it twice in succession from the recently used file list on the File menu. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me... It sounds, then, as though your database isn't properly secured, as that should have no bearing on how it opens. For Access 97, the MRU is stored as up to four...

Problems installing IM on server
We recently upgraded to Dynamics GP 9.0, when we tried to upgrade/install integration manager on the server, it refused to complete the install and rolled back the installation. However when we installed it on a client machine, the installation/upgrade went through without a hitch. Why am I having a problem loading it on the server? I've never loaded IM on the server. Only on workstations. The only thing that should be on the server for IM is the IM Database for shared access. "Leni" wrote: > We recently upgraded to Dynamics GP 9.0, when we tried to upgrade/install ...

<xsl:if> problem
I tried to do this : <xsl:if test="ToutCompris"> some output </xsl:if> ToutCompris is a boolean element in my XML file My problem is the output is parse even when ToutCompris is false I tried <xsl:if test="ToutCompris = true"> and it does'nt work either What's the right way to do this ? ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- websls wrote:...

HELP! Excel problem.... Will Pay!
I have had serious problems trying to get this Excel file right to upload into my OsCommerce - Easy Populate script. If some one is willing to help me with this and do the first upload for me I can pay you! I REALLY REALLY need to get this finally finished up! So to any one willing to help just email me. popuplace@yahoo.com title it "Excel Help" Here is the main file I was given from another member from these forums. This is the format the file will need to be in. If you are able to change another CSV file into this format PLEASE contact me ASAP! Thank You! http://www.pricetrim...

Problem with advanced filter sort window
Hi all, I posted this on the forms coding group a couple of weeks ago and didn't get any response, so apologies for the cross posting as I may have posted it to the wrong place the first time. I've got an Access database that is locked down by giving users access to forms only and each of the forms has a custom toolbar and a very limited menu. The custom toolbar has the Advanced Filter/Query button along with some other filter options for continuous forms. However when users press the Advanced Filter/Query button, and the query window opens, the custom toolbar disappe...

Problem with xsd codegen after installing .net framework srvice pa
I followed the excellent MSDN article "Code Generation in the .NET Framework Using XML Schema" [1] to build a substitute for the limited xsd.exe. My code works fine under .NET framework 1.1, but after installing .net framework service pack 1, my code breaks. Below are trivial example files that demonstrate the problem: XSD FILE aaa.xsd ---------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <schema targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns:aaa="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns="http://ww...

Cannot open Excel files.
i cannot open any excel files directly from there location. When i try to access the file, it will open the program to the point just before the workbook is about to be displayed and hangs. No error messages are created and the system does not hang. I can however, open excel files from within excel. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Much appreciated Wayne Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Window...

How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste into the exact location
How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste it into the exact same location relative to the page in another file? hi. If picture is image control.... on tool bar menu, click design icon. then click image control on sheet. now you can copy and paste. >-----Original Message----- >How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste it >into the exact same location relative to the page in >another file? >. > ...

Missing nk2 file in Outlook 2007
The auto complete function does not work after shutting down and restarting. The file does not exist in docs and settings/application data/ microsoft/outlook. What can I do? Is autocomplete enabled? Look in tools, options, email options, advanced... near the bottom of the dialog is the Suggest names option. It should be checked. Is outlook closing properly? Does it remember any names when you send to someone multiple times during one session? The file is not saved until outlook closes and if it doesn't close properly, its not saved. Addresses you've sent to once d...

Why are columns in some Excel files numbered instead of lettered?
How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a letter for the column. Tools|options|general|uncheck r1c1 reference style john.p.blough@gm.com wrote: > > How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people > back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot > easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a > letter for the co...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Editing in Word
Having created a Publisher Document which had been saved to disk, and later discovering that it could be edited in Word, with which I am more familiar, I "sent the pub to Word, using the drop-down menu. On completion of the editing tasks, I sent it back to Publisher, using the menu. To my shock, the font sizes were changed in what appeared to be random fashion. I did not change any fonts while in Word. I did add text and make typo corrections while there. 12 point fonts became 24 point throughout the publication. Now, I did use 24 point on the first page of the publication. T...

locate square root symbol (not words)
I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the Symbols tables Insert>symbol and character code 221A -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Samir" <Samir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612BEA64-8CBC-46B2-AC73-4BFECF3AFC28@microsoft.com... >I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in > order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the > Symbols > tables Or, use Insert | Object | Microsof...

Problem with screen.activeform
Hi I have a main form with a subform containing fields of data, I am trying to create an audit trail system using the code below from the microsoft kb on audit trail but as the code uses the screen.activeform method and my data field are on the subform it says it cannot find the 'updates' field which it is supposed to insert the changes to. Code------------- Function AuditTrail() On Error GoTo Err_Handler Dim MyForm As Form, C As Control, xName As String Set MyForm = Screen.ActiveForm 'Set date and current user if form has been updated. MyForm!Updates = MyForm!Updates & Ch...

RPC-HTTP problem with ValidPorts
After much difficulty and a call to Microsoft, we finally got RPC over HTTP working. I have a front-end/back-end topology running Win2k3 and Exchange 2k3. The front-end has a registry setting ValidPorts that contains the netbios and FQD name for the back-end server. The problem was that the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant was resetting the ValidPorts entry every 15 minutes. To fix this, Microsoft informed me that the solution was to make both front and back servers proxy servers, plus reboot the back-end first so that the front-end will "discover" it and write the correct V...

Multiple Outlook Today Files in OL 2000 Folders
I have 3 copies of identical Outlook Today folders. If I send or receive a message, a copy goes to all three. When I right click on one of the mirror folders and select "close personal folders", I get the message that I cannot close a a personal folder that contains the calendar, contacts and POP mailbox. Yet all of them contain the same things. I did search for a resolution at MS, but could not find anything on point. I'm baffled. Hello Stephen, I guess your profile is corrupt. Create a new profile and you will see only one personal folder. -- Thomas Wetzel Synchro...

ftp hyperlink doesn't work in Word XP
There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: Unable to open ftp://ftp.mycompany.com/. the Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.0 404) But I can copy this hyperlink to IE, it works. I googled it, some guys asked the same question, but they haven't got the answer. Could you help me? Simon / Sweden All the ftp hyperlinks in word XP don't work. Is there any solution? "Simon / Sweden" wrote: > There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: > > Unable to open ftp...

Outlook Multiple account problems
First I would like to say that I do know I can use the pull down menu to choose which account to send a reply from. However I have Sometimers and do not always remember to do this. Onto the problem I am running windows 7 64 bit and outlook 2007. I have 3 imap accounts set up, each has its own incoming and outgoing mail server. Each is set up correctly from what I can see. When I get an email from account number 3 (my business account which is hosted through webhostingpad.com ) and I click reply and the reply goes out via my google mail account. I can send a message just ...