Will Office 2004 professional work on intel mac

I know it sound strange, im a student i can buy student teacher for
=A3100, or i can use a authorized Microsoft education seller and get pro
for just =A350. according to the Microsoft mac site they say use s&t or
standard as virtual pc dont work on and intel mac. but my question is
will pro install on a intel mac as all i want is word and excel and
powerpoint. also does the install let you choose the componet you want
to install or does it have to install VPC anyway?

0
bluetide (7)

On 8/23/07 4:28 PM, in article
1187911714.979433.52440@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluetide@gmail.com"
<bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know it sound strange, im a student i can buy student teacher for
> �100, or i can use a authorized Microsoft education seller and get pro
> for just �50. according to the Microsoft mac site they say use s&t or
> standard as virtual pc dont work on and intel mac. but my question is
> will pro install on a intel mac as all i want is word and excel and
> powerpoint. also does the install let you choose the componet you want
> to install or does it have to install VPC anyway?

I'm 99% sure that the VPC install is separate from Office install. I do
however, suggest that when you install Office that you also install
Entourage. It won't take up much space and could cause problems with future
updates.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)
8/23/2007 11:37:23 PM
On Aug 24, 12:37 am, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> On 8/23/07 4:28 PM, in article
> 1187911714.979433.52...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.com"
>
> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know it sound strange, im a student i can buy student teacher for
> > =A3100, or i can use a authorized Microsoft education seller and get pro
> > for just =A350. according to the Microsoft mac site they say use s&t or
> > standard as virtual pc dont work on and intel mac. but my question is
> > will pro install on a intel mac as all i want is word and excel and
> > powerpoint. also does the install let you choose the componet you want
> > to install or does it have to install VPC anyway?
>
> I'm 99% sure that the VPC install is separate from Office install. I do
> however, suggest that when you install Office that you also install
> Entourage. It won't take up much space and could cause problems with futu=
re
> updates.
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?

0
bluetide (7)
8/23/2007 11:47:09 PM
On 8/23/07 4:47 PM, in article
1187912829.478229.267470@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluetide@gmail.com"
<bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:

> so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?

Since I haven't opened a Pro version to see the disks inside, I would assume
that there is an Office install disc and a VPC install disk. Office and VPC
are separate products. Pro just bundles them together.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)
8/24/2007 1:15:33 AM
On Aug 24, 2:15 am, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> On 8/23/07 4:47 PM, in article
> 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.com"
>
> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?
>
> Since I haven't opened a Pro version to see the disks inside, I would assume
> that there is an Office install disc and a VPC install disk. Office and VPC
> are separate products. Pro just bundles them together.
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

Thank you for clearing that up :D

0
bluetide (7)
8/24/2007 1:47:47 AM
Just for confirmation: you can add another 1% to Diane's 99% certainty - VPC
is a completely separate disk with completely separate documentation &
completely independent installation at the user's discretion.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/23/07 9:47 PM, in article
1187920067.490869.67990@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluetide@gmail.com"
<bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2:15 am, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> wrote:
>> On 8/23/07 4:47 PM, in article
>> 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.com"
>>
>> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?
>>
>> Since I haven't opened a Pro version to see the disks inside, I would assume
>> that there is an Office install disc and a VPC install disk. Office and VPC
>> are separate products. Pro just bundles them together.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
>> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
>
> Thank you for clearing that up :D

Yes, I'm running a Pro version here on an Intel Mac.

As Diane says, there are two disks in the package.  The VPC and Windows disk
will simply eject if you try to install it :-)

If you install Bootcamp or Parallels on you Intel Mac, you can use the
Windows XP licence that comes with Pro to install Windows.  However the
Windows XP installer on the disk will refuse to install outside of VPC.  The
easiest way around that is to borrow a normal Windows XP disk from someone
and install using the Windows licence key you own, printed on the back of
your Windows CD :-)

Hope this helps

On 24/8/07 9:17 AM, in article
<bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 12:37 am, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> wrote:
>> On 8/23/07 4:28 PM, in article
>> 1187911714.979433.52...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.com"
>>
>> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I know it sound strange, im a student i can buy student teacher for
>>> �100, or i can use a authorized Microsoft education seller and get pro
>>> for just �50. according to the Microsoft mac site they say use s&t or
>>> standard as virtual pc dont work on and intel mac. but my question is
>>> will pro install on a intel mac as all i want is word and excel and
>>> powerpoint. also does the install let you choose the componet you want
>>> to install or does it have to install VPC anyway?
>>
>> I'm 99% sure that the VPC install is separate from Office install. I do
>> however, suggest that when you install Office that you also install
>> Entourage. It won't take up much space and could cause problems with future
>> updates.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
>> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
>
> so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)
8/24/2007 11:01:09 AM
On Aug 24, 12:01 pm, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Yes, I'm running a Pro version here on an Intel Mac.
>
> As Diane says, there are two disks in the package.  The VPC and Windows d=
isk
> will simply eject if you try to install it :-)
>
> If you install Bootcamp or Parallels on you Intel Mac, you can use the
> Windows XP licence that comes with Pro to install Windows.  However the
> Windows XP installer on the disk will refuse to install outside of VPC.  =
The
> easiest way around that is to borrow a normal Windows XP disk from someone
> and install using the Windows licence key you own, printed on the back of
> your Windows CD :-)
>
> Hope this helps
>
> On 24/8/07 9:17 AM, in article
> 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.co=
m"

> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 24, 12:37 am, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> > wrote:
> >> On 8/23/07 4:28 PM, in article
> >> 1187911714.979433.52...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.c=
om"

> >> I'm 99% sure that the VPC install is separate from Office install. I do
> >> however, suggest that when you install Office that you also install
> >> Entourage. It won't take up much space and could cause problems with f=
uture
> >> updates.
>
> >> --
> >> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> >> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> >> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
>
> > so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?
>
> --
> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
> Sydney, Australia.  S33=B053'34.20 E151=B014'54.50
> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name

hi i have received the disks office installed fine i tried to install
XP pro via paraells but it told me my key is not valid. am i using the
wrong version of windows? does VPC have its own product key? how many
keys should i have?

0
bluetide (7)
8/28/2007 11:10:48 AM
On 8/28/07 7:10 AM, in article
1188299448.811251.247420@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "bluetide@gmail.com"
<bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 12:01 pm, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
>> Yes, I'm running a Pro version here on an Intel Mac.
>>
>> As Diane says, there are two disks in the package.  The VPC and Windows disk
>> will simply eject if you try to install it :-)
>>
>> If you install Bootcamp or Parallels on you Intel Mac, you can use the
>> Windows XP licence that comes with Pro to install Windows.  However the
>> Windows XP installer on the disk will refuse to install outside of VPC.  The
>> easiest way around that is to borrow a normal Windows XP disk from someone
>> and install using the Windows licence key you own, printed on the back of
>> your Windows CD :-)
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> On 24/8/07 9:17 AM, in article
>> 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.com"
>>

>> <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?
>>
>> --
>> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>>
>> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>>
>> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
>> Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
>> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name
>
> hi i have received the disks office installed fine i tried to install
> XP pro via paraells but it told me my key is not valid. am i using the
> wrong version of windows? does VPC have its own product key? how many
> keys should i have?

I'm not sure what your immediate problem is, but VPC will NOT work on an
Intel mac. I think the version of XP Pro is tied to VPC and therefore can
not be installed separately.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
8/28/2007 11:50:02 AM
On Aug 28, 12:10 pm, bluet...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 24, 12:01 pm, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
>

> > Yes, I'm running a Pro version here on an Intel Mac.
>
> > As Diane says, there are two disks in the package.  The VPC and Windows=
 disk
> > will simply eject if you try to install it :-)
>
> > If you install Bootcamp or Parallels on you Intel Mac, you can use the
> > Windows XP licence that comes with Pro to install Windows.  However the
> > Windows XP installer on the disk will refuse to install outside of VPC.=
  The
> > easiest way around that is to borrow a normal Windows XP disk from some=
one
> > and install using the Windows licence key you own, printed on the back =
of
> > your Windows CD :-)
>
> > Hope this helps
>
> > On 24/8/07 9:17 AM, in article
> > 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "bluet...@gmail.=
com"

> > <bluet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > so will it let me install fine just as-long as i dont start up VPC?
>
> > --
> > Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> > Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> > John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> > McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
> > Sydney, Australia.  S33=B053'34.20 E151=B014'54.50
> > +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name
>
> hi i have received the disks office installed fine i tried to install
> XP pro via paraells but it told me my key is not valid. am i using the
> wrong version of windows? does VPC have its own product key? how many
> keys should i have?

found out as it is a STUDENT MEDIA/At HOME MEDIA XP Isnt bundled in
the package

0
bluetide (7)
8/28/2007 11:52:08 AM
Yeah Bob - I'm pretty sure you're correct on that...

You can install any copy of Windows XP in VPC, but the copy that comes
*with* VPC can't be installed elsewhere. I "think" I recall seeing a
workaround somewhere for using VPC-XP for a standalone installation, but I
--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"Bob Greenblatt" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On 8/28/07 7:10 AM, in article
> 1188299448.811251.247420@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
> "bluetide@gmail.com"
> <bluetide@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 24, 12:01 pm, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
>>> Yes, I'm running a Pro version here on an Intel Mac.
>>>
>>> As Diane says, there are two disks in the package.  The VPC and Windows
>>> disk
>>> will simply eject if you try to install it :-)
>>>
>>> If you install Bootcamp or Parallels on you Intel Mac, you can use the
>>> Windows XP licence that comes with Pro to install Windows.  However the
>>> Windows XP installer on the disk will refuse to install outside of VPC.
>>> The
>>> easiest way around that is to borrow a normal Windows XP disk from
>>> someone
>>> and install using the Windows licence key you own, printed on the back
>>> of
>>> your Windows CD :-)
>>>
>>> Hope this helps
>>>
>>> On 24/8/07 9:17 AM, in article
>>> 1187912829.478229.267...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com,

>>> --
>>> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>>>
>>> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
>>> Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
>>> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name
>>
>> hi i have received the disks office installed fine i tried to install
>> XP pro via paraells but it told me my key is not valid. am i using the
>> wrong version of windows? does VPC have its own product key? how many
>> keys should i have?
>>
> I'm not sure what your immediate problem is, but VPC will NOT work on an
> Intel mac. I think the version of XP Pro is tied to VPC and therefore can
> not be installed separately.
>
> --
> Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
> bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
CyberTaz
8/28/2007 6:11:17 PM
Yeah, there is a hack-around, and I can't remember it either :-)

Basically, if you can find the i386 folder within the Windows XP CD and drag
that to a separate folder, the setup.exe program within that should run.
Start Parallels and drag setup.exe to its black command window. The product
key you must use will be the Windows product key that was supplied in the
Mac Office Pro bundle.

Mac Office Pro has TWO product keys, one for Office and one for Windows.
Since you have the Student and Teacher version, you should have three sets
of two keys.

Cheers

On 29/8/07 3:41 AM, in article utwoARZ6HHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
"CyberTaz" <typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet> wrote:

> Yeah Bob - I'm pretty sure you're correct on that...
>
> You can install any copy of Windows XP in VPC, but the copy that comes
> *with* VPC can't be installed elsewhere. I "think" I recall seeing a
> workaround somewhere for using VPC-XP for a standalone installation, but I

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

How to turn Off _and_ On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try and operate without that pesky Office Assistant. 1 - How can I turn the darn thing off? 2 - If I discover I can't live without it... how do I turn it back on? thanks for any help. tmb ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

work offline annoyance
Hi all I've just changed isp's from tiscali to talktalk and I've just set up wireless networking to another pc (pc2). When I open oe6 (pc2) a message box comes up saying a connection couldn't be made to the internet with the option "work offline" or "retry" and retry gets me to work online. I do notice though that on the bottom right of oe6 page it states "working online" even before the retry button is pressed! and now to make matters worse it's doing the same on my hardwired (pc1.) Any solutions? WinXP SP3 talktalk's ...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Out Of Office #5
I enable Out of Office reply to the Internet from Internet Message Formats. The return Out of Office e- mail still will not send. Thoughts? Thanks ...

Big bug with CSocket. MSDN samples do not work (CHATTER and CHATSRVR) with VC7.
To make a short story, could you compile and run CHATTER and CHATSRVR with VC7 After that, click on File\Auto Chat -> after a couple of seconds (it’s random), you’ll see that you’ll not receive any message. With VC6, everything was okay In the game that I’m developing (Net Blitz), I’m using my NDK (Network Development Kit) that many peoples use it. You can find my article on http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp. Theses classes encapsulate CSocket with CNDKClient, CNDKServer and CNDKMessage. Many programmers face this problem and someone suggested putting the following call betwee...

Shortcut key for copy not working
I am using Excel 2000, but can't get the CTRL+C to work to copy cells - the CTRL+V works to paste and CTRL+X for cutting, just the CTRL+C is not working. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings in it, but any ideas on what I need to check? Thanks in advance! Nevermind, I looked and apparently a macro WAS created for CTRL+C - I changed the keyboard shortcut for it and that fixed it. Sorry! ...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

cd/dvd not working code 40
ive recently had to do a system recover,ive loaded everything that i wanted back on and everythings fine except my cd drive has decided to start playing up and being stubbon,i put the cd in and it lights up on the small window on the side but doesnt read it,instead it comes back with the message of windows has loaded the drivers but cant find the hardware device code 40,(something like that)ive tried device manager and that gives me a yellow icon next to the drive,ive also tried microsofts mr fixit but that comes back more or less saying the same thing,someone suggested i do some...

OWA connection outside the office
Hi! We have a single Exchange 2003 servers with 50 users. Laptops also have VPN, so they can read mail outside office. It would be great if it also would be possible to get OWA connection from other computers without VPN. - Can I do this with current hardware, just more configuration? - if so, SSL? RPC over HTTPS? - are there big risks? - What would be the best scenario without buying a lot of new hardware/software? Tomppa Hi! If you have one box with Exchange, you can easily deploy OWA on it. What you have to consider is the fact, you're going to host OWA directly on Exchange ...

Can't Install Money 2004
Can anyone assist me. Somehow I have Money 2002 intalled on Windows XP. I think it was a freebie on some tax software I bought. I have been trying to uninstall it. I keep getting an error message that says "Error 1309 error reading file c:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav" When I tried to intstall Money 2004, it said it would remove the Money 2002 but I keep getting that rror 1309 message. I went to the control panel to remove Money 2002 that way. This also didn't work. Please feel free to E-mail with suggestions. ...

Duplicate Personal Folder removal instructions not working
I recently imported an Outlook 2003 .pst file from another machine. In the process I was left with two duplicate Personal Folders separate from the imported one I renamed to My Folders. In following the KB article titled "Remove a duplicate Personal Folders file" I attempted to close the Personal Folders only to find that the contents of these is the same as the contents of the one called My Folders. When I view the properties of the two duplicate Personal Folders it says the name is My Folders, despite the fact that the folder list displays them as "Personal Folders&qu...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

URL/Hyperlink not working for recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP in a Windows 2003 Server environment. I administer an application that requires the user to install the program from a .bat file. I send our users an e-mail with a URL to the bat file (e.g. \\server123 \Application\install.bat). The URL cannot launch the bat file and search Locate Link Browser dialog opens instead. The work around is to cut and paste the URL into the Start\Run dialog where it works fine. (I think this implies that the UNC is defined properly.) Also, the hand icon displays properly when the user rolls the mouse over t...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

BIOS / CMOS not working properly
I have a Gigabyte S-Series GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard. When I go into CMOS settings <DEL> the <Load Fail-Safe Defaults>, <Load Optimized Defaults> and <Set Supervisor/User Password> are greyed. I'm not aware of anything I have done to change this. Can anyone help please? Thanks. Bill R You would need to consult your mobo manual. Are you experiencing any other issues, that caused you to access the bios? "Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%235hdaM%23sKHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a Giga...

Office 2011
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Anyone know if the 2011 version will have any performance upgrades? The 2008 version is the slow and loves the color wheel of death. I think it is ridiculous that an Excel sheet with a thousand rows basically brings Excel to its knees when you can put in a million rows, what a joke. Anyone who might 'know' is under strict NDA to not discuss anything about it, pro or con. Speculation is pointless. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/18/10 7:04 PM, in article 59bb8aaf.-1@webcros...

out of office assistant #13
Running exchange server, trying to use out of office assistant, but it only sends the message(out of office) to the sender. How do I get a copy of who sent the message? and a copy of the message myself. thanks Cesar ...

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard
I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data! I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the money.mny file..... is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe... Kind regards Pieter See if this helps. http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/23.aspx Also what are the last digits of the version number from Help > About. It shoul...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

This one worked.
Or, choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. It was a "word art" object that was somehow stuck and squished in the spreadsheet. How it gets into my old excel files - I do not know. I never even had a text box like this in this spreadsheet. Once the object is light up (thanks to the above procedure) I can stretch it out and delete it. How does this get imbedded like this? Thanks, webermis Since it was squished, maybe it was accidentally copied from another file, and you didn't notice it ...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...