Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac

Version: v.X
Processor: Intel

I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates?

You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses:

On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> Version: v.X
> Processor: Intel
>
> I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am
> taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office
> run on Leopard?

Yes, 10.1.9 will run on Leopard but there may be some issues - especially as
the OS continues to be updated. There may also be a different story as far
as Snow Leopard compatibility. Keep in mind that v. X reached End Of Life
more than a year ago so it is no longer supported by MS & there will be no
further updates to that version of Office.

> If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have
> to buy the much more expensive Office 2008?

Office 2008 ships as various *Editions* but the core applications are
identical in each. What varies is what's packaged with them in the
respective editions. The H/S Edition includes no frills, but you do get 3
licenses, whereas the other editions are single user only. The details of
what each edition includes is provided here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/shop-now.mspx

> Can you get rebates?

AFAIK there currently are no rebates. However, if you shop wisely you should
be able to find discounted prices. Take into consideration that there is no
Upgrade path to the Home/Student edition but you do qualify for the reduced
upgrade pricing if you decide to buy the Standard or Special Media
edition... Of course, the Upgrades are significantly cheaper than the full
version packages but provide all the same content.

This is strictly guesswork [and perhaps wishful thinking :-)] on my part but
I tend to believe that there might be "special" deals for upgrading from
2008 or 2004 to the next release. If so, I'm equally inclined to surmise
that v. X will not qualify for those specials.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/28/09 11:10 AM, in article C66D2A6B.4F2B6%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Of course, the Upgrades are significantly cheaper than the full
> version packages but provide all the same content.

One of the problems with an upgrade version is you must have either the old
version installed or have the Install CD for that version in order to
install. Over time, you could loose the original CD then if you have to
reinstall for any reason you are stuck.

Home & Student Amazon price: $107.99  <http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

Standard Edition  Amazon price: $279.99 Amazon price for upgrade: $207.49

Special Media Edition Amazon price for Special Media Edition: $199.99. Yes,
it is cheaper than the standard edition.

See this article: Move your Entourage Identity to a new computer

<http://tinyurl.com/ccm7v6>

If you do decide to upgrade to Office 2008, I suggest that you export your
data from Entourage X first. Office 2008 seems to balk at Entourage X
database import.

How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move
to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

Global address list not updating #2
When I add new accounts and email address they are not showing up in the global address list days and weeks later. I created the id's from my computer and they show up in my global address list, but not on any other machine in my network. If you type in the name it resolves the id, but it does not show up in the GAL. Any ideas? Are you using cached mode? If so, after you make the update, the offline address book has to be generated (check the schedule), and the client has to download the change, which it does only periodically but the user can force by clicking Send/Receiv...

Conversion of Visual C++ 6.0 project to Visual C++ .NET (7.1.3088)
Hi, I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Is there any procedure exist for converting from VC++ 6 to VC++ 7 Please let me know. ASAP Thanks & Regards, Ganapathi Yes... hope and pray. Tell us some of the errors, without that info we cannot actually give some solutions. - MR "Ganapathi Hegde" <ganapathi.hegde@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:d0k0l4$i0q$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am ...

Visibility of new users in Contacts
I have done this many times with no problems. Now I have one user and one user only who does not show up in the list of users in Outlook. I made sure it is not hidden. Any idea why this one user is not visible? It is the third 'Mark' in my list of users, not that it should matter. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. -- Keith Baca kbaca@baytekgames.com On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:21:02 -0700, Keith Baca <KeithBaca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have done this many times with no problems. Now I have one user and one >user only who does not show up in t...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Can I change date on 1 page and have it auto change on every page
In publisher I have tickets that are dated. I need to change the date before printing each time. I have 75 pages with the date listed 8 times on each page. trying to see if it is possible to change the date once and have it automatically change on every page. ...

How to turn Off _and_ On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try and operate without that pesky Office Assistant. 1 - How can I turn the darn thing off? 2 - If I discover I can't live without it... how do I turn it back on? thanks for any help. tmb ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Font Issues with New Computer
I got a new laptop last week. Putting some new forms and features ina pre-existing Access 2000 database and am having some very strangeissues.My old laptop was XP Pro and I got XP Pro on the new laptop as well.I am running Access 2000 SP3 like I was before. I also have Office2003 on this same computer like I did before as well.#1 - MS Sans Serif is no longer available to me to select in the fontdrop down box in design view for forms or reports.#2 - I had been using MS Sans Serif quite a bit but since it isn'tavailable I changed to Tahoma, then Arial. The forms look fine on myscreen but ...

Out Of Office #5
I enable Out of Office reply to the Internet from Internet Message Formats. The return Out of Office e- mail still will not send. Thoughts? Thanks ...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

Word X, program error in spellchecker
In a Swedish version of Word in an Office X-installation, we get a popup-window saying something like "Program error at current spellcheck" at certain positions in the document. When Okeyed the spellchecker continues from where the error appeared, but once a document got corrupt in the process. So far we have noticed this problem when it encounters the mathematical 'less or equal' and 'more or equal'-signs. I have tried reinstalling the Office-package and applying all the uppdates, up to 10.1.5, but to no avail... Has anybody heard about such a problem befo...

Chart updating in copied worksheets
In previous versions of Excel, when you copied a worksheet within a workbook any charts in that worksheet would update to the new worksheet. In the Excel 2007 I have, the charts remain linked to the original sheet. I don't want that. How do I make charts stay linked to the worksheet they are in and not where they originated? For instance, I want to make a chart in sheet1 then I want to copy sheet1 and change the name to sheet2. I then want to change data in sheet2 and have the chart in sheet2 update to the data in sheet2 without having to go to the source data and change ever...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Error Message #10
I just upgraded my Excel program to 2003. When I open the program, I ge the following message C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOfficer\Office11\Library\MobileDB.XLA i missing. Incomplete Installation! However, I close that window and the program seems to work fine. How d I eliminate this message? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com References to and suggested fixes here at google search results. Maybe find something relevant. This has cropped up lately with th...

OWA connection outside the office
Hi! We have a single Exchange 2003 servers with 50 users. Laptops also have VPN, so they can read mail outside office. It would be great if it also would be possible to get OWA connection from other computers without VPN. - Can I do this with current hardware, just more configuration? - if so, SSL? RPC over HTTPS? - are there big risks? - What would be the best scenario without buying a lot of new hardware/software? Tomppa Hi! If you have one box with Exchange, you can easily deploy OWA on it. What you have to consider is the fact, you're going to host OWA directly on Exchange ...

How to update one form when closing another ?
I have two forms open. frmPeople has the Focus frmAccount does not. frmAccount has subFormPeopleList I add a new person to frmPeople (which is linked to frmAccount) Question 1: When I close frmPeople I want to update frmAccount so the new person shows in subFormPeopleList Quetion 2: But I'm also wondering if I add code to the "close event" for frmPeople to update frmAccount What will this do if frmAccount is not open? Will it add the person twice? I'm guessing not as updating a form doesn't really add data to the table... right? Thanks for any help. Mel Thanks...

vc++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU 32 bit OS)
Hi I have a VC++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU and 32 bit OS), it does not work. The same application runs fine on Windows XP and Windows 2000. When I debug it with VC++ 6.0, the break points and the source code totally messed up. I have a if else statement, the debug goes from inside if goes to else block if (...) { ....................... } else { ............... } Does any one have any idea about this? Thank you for your help There is no content whatsoever in the phrase "does not work". There is always a specific statement as to why something do...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Office 2011
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Anyone know if the 2011 version will have any performance upgrades? The 2008 version is the slow and loves the color wheel of death. I think it is ridiculous that an Excel sheet with a thousand rows basically brings Excel to its knees when you can put in a million rows, what a joke. Anyone who might 'know' is under strict NDA to not discuss anything about it, pro or con. Speculation is pointless. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/18/10 7:04 PM, in article 59bb8aaf.-1@webcros...

out of office assistant #13
Running exchange server, trying to use out of office assistant, but it only sends the message(out of office) to the sender. How do I get a copy of who sent the message? and a copy of the message myself. thanks Cesar ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

Network password #9
I don't use passwords and now i am prompted to enter a network password or my computer will not connect to email account. Any thoughts If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....