Which of these duplicate fonts can be removed from the
Applications/Microsoft/Office X/Office/Fonts folder AND/OR the
User/nnager/Library/Fonts folder?

All of the following are duplicated in the two folders.  Two of them, Times
New Roman and Verdana, also are in OS 10.3.3/Library/Fonts.

Arial
Arial Black
Century Gothic
Comic Sans MS
Copperplate Gothic Bold
Copperplate Gothic Light
Curlz MT
Edwardian Script ITC
Impact
Lucida Handwriting
Monotype Sorts
Tahoma
Times New Roman
Verdana
Wingdings

Respectfully, Norm

0
nnager1050 (113)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:42:59 -0400, Norman R. Nager, Ph.D. wrote
(in article <BC97BBA3.118A7%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu>):

> Which of these duplicate fonts can be removed from the
> Applications/Microsoft/Office X/Office/Fonts folder AND/OR the
> User/nnager/Library/Fonts folder?

Leaving the set intact in /user/ makes them available to other apps, so you
could delete them in /Microsoft/.

> Two of them, Times New Roman and Verdana, also are in
> OS 10.3.3/Library/Fonts

Same thing. You can keep one or the other. TIP: Check version numbers before
deleting.

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Public Folder Access #5
I have a public folder on an Exchange 2003 server. The folder is listed in the System Manager. My account has full admin rights, directory rights and is set as an owner in client rights. When I browse to public folders while in Outlook 2003 it is not listed. I've tried acessing it with Hide from Exchange Address Lists enabled and disabled with no effect. I've tried acessing it with other accounts that are configured as Owner in client rights with no effect. The folder was working at one point and contains quite a bit of client information used for marketing. How do I get access ...

Display names puzzle, can you help?
Here's my situation: We've acuquired a company, and now we're adding those users onto our mail system. I can deal with all the issues related to DNS, etc, but one real thorn in our side is the display names. This company used only "firstname@companyname.com" for an e-mail address, AND the real clincher is that they only use "firstname" as a display name. Our corporate standard as the aquiring company is to use firstname.lastname@company2name.com. However, this little company we bought has gone ahead and put employee pictures on the web (with only fi...

Removing attachment from incoming email
Removing attachment from email , does this attachment occupy space on computer? To free the space , Do we have to take some action , similar to "empty recylce bin", sanjay wrote: > Removing attachment from email , does this attachment occupy space on > computer? Just where did you think that attachment was? Floating out in cyber etherspace somewhere? Look at the Size column for the e-mail. > To free the space , Do we have to take some action , similar to > "empty recylce bin", If you saved the attachment or don't want it: Open th...

Name of Address table in Great Plains 10
HI: What is the table name that holds the Vendor Address? I don't have SQL in front of me but my documentation tells me that the Vendor Master is PM00200 (PM_Vendor_MSTR) and the Vendor Address Master is PM00300 (PM_Address_MSTR) "janieb" wrote: > HI: > > What is the table name that holds the Vendor Address? > > ...

Out-of-office twin replies

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

IMAP and Public Folders
Any idea why I'm not being able to move messages to public folders. I configured client using IMAP protocol. Thanks, AC ...

Storing files in folders
Hi, I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. Thanks in advance. David David <dy168@cox.net> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a > CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. The simplest say is to close Outlook and copy your PST to a CD. To be more selective, create a new PST and move the folder you wish to preserve to that PST. Close Outlook and copy that PST to the CD. -- Brian Tillman ...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

How do I unhide row 1?
I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. Thanx. Select the whole worksheet, Ctrl-A, Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "DFL" <DFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3D5EA1-BB13-4735-BE03-0C26A3CDFBAB@microsoft.com... > I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these > rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. > > Thanx. ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Excel for Mac v.X crashes since getting Leopard

spam folder
how do i direct my marked spam into a spam folder. how do i set it up ...

Missing Stored Procedures in GP 7.5
When trying to apply hotfix 750g38 by running the SQL statement against two differerent companies (Company A and Company B), one company completes successfully (Company A), but the second company (Company B) completes with the following info: Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_ValidateUOM'. The stored procedure will still be created. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_CalcBillTransTime'. The stored procedure will st...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Attachment removed from forwarded email
Outlook is removing pdf and .doc attachments from emails that others forward to me. If those same attachments are sent direct from the sender (not forwarded from someone else) the attachment is successfully received by Outlook. Is there some security feature in Outlook I need to turn off to keep it from stripping the forwarded attachment off? Are you seeing any messages about attachments at all? It's unlikely to be your Outlook from what I can see - more likely to do with the sender doing the forward. In their sent items, do they see the attachments? Jeff wrote: > Outlook is re...

Workflow Manager 10-16-03
Hi all, I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested here was successfully :-( I've played with the rights of the workflow service, and so on. Alwyas the same error: "You do not have sufficient rights ...". Any other ideas? Ralf. there is a fix for this - https://www.greatplains.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/tk29313hotfix.htm "Ralf Eisele" <ralf@extension.net> wrote in message news:uLrQ%2349kDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested he...